Draft Day Thread

Guys, I'll try to do my best to post rumors and updates throughout the day. So hit it here if that stuff interest you.

What will the big talking point be here 24 hours from now?

Blues stand pat and make no moves and say "there was nothing that made sense and it's a deep draft with talent to be found in round 2" Half the board is in shock, the other have is saying "it's not like the off-season is over after tonight"

Blues trade into the first round?

Blues make blockbuster player for player trade?

Re: Draft Day Thread

UMSLBlues12 wrote:If Boston is offering Hamilton for the #3 overall I don't see anyway we can get that pick. An offer centered around Hamilton is probably better than any offer we could center around Oshie.
He would look good next to Oliver Ekman-Larsson, but have you seen their forward depth? It's really non-existent. Maybe Oshie is more of a need for them?

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance
Carl Soderberg deal with Colorado is done. 5 years, 4.75 AAV.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Further to @CraigCustance on Soderberg deal, contract includes full NTC in first 2 years and limited NTC in last three

That's a lot of jack for a 13 goal scorer with effort questions.

Per JR

The play of what Armstrong labels the “younger core” of Blues, including Jaden Schwartz and Kevin Shattenkirk, has generated interest around the NHL. The club has also fielded proposals for prospects such as Petteri Lindbohm and Robby Fabbri.

“I think the easiest way to look at it is to look around the league to the other 29 teams and see how many trades are made,” Armstrong said. “Judge our activity on the other activity around the league. There’s just not a lot of that that happens. I know the fan base would love to play Wii hockey where guys are flying all over the league. But there’s just not that many trades in our game.”

wizard pork sword wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:According to Garrioch, Lehner is going to the Sabres. First round pick and David Legwand possibly part of the deal.
9 -12 record and a GAA over 3? I really wonder what Elliott could fetch...
He hasn't been great so far but he's only 23. Not many goalies have 86 games of NHL experience under their belt at that age. He also fits the mold of a lot of today's good goalies-big and athletic (although I feel like Bleeder using that work :lol: ). Lehner still has potential while Elliott is more of a known quantity, granted it would be interesting to see what he could get.

If that ends up being the deal thats a good trade for the Sens.

Also, my first post wasn't clear-Legwand plays for the Sens currently and would be going to Buffalo in the deal. A first for Lehner and Legwand is a good deal IMO.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:According to Garrioch, Lehner is going to the Sabres. First round pick and David Legwand possibly part of the deal.
9 -12 record and a GAA over 3? I really wonder what Elliott could fetch...
He hasn't been great so far but he's only 23. Not many goalies have 86 games of NHL experience under their belt at that age. He also fits the mold of a lot of today's good goalies-big and athletic (although I feel like Bleeder using that work :lol: ). Lehner still has potential while Elliott is more of a known quantity, granted it would be interesting to see what he could get.

If that ends up being the deal thats a good trade for the Sens.

Also, my first post wasn't clear-Legwand plays for the Sens currently and would be going to Buffalo in the deal. A first for Lehner and Legwand is a good deal IMO.
They are giving up a big athletic goalie?! That better be the McDavid pick coming the other way then!

UMSLBlues12 wrote:If Boston is offering Hamilton for the #3 overall I don't see anyway we can get that pick. An offer centered around Hamilton is probably better than any offer we could center around Oshie.
Oshie would certainly be in the deal, but any deal we would make for the #3 overall would be:

Petro+
Shattenkirk++

If they're interested in Hamilton, it is clear that they are looking to add another young #1 RHD to OEL for their top pairing for the next 10 years. Another possibility no one is talking about is that ARZ could flip OEL for a young #1 RHD, keep the pick and draft Hanifin.

Today's the day! I love days like this, the trade deadline and 7/1. Basically the reason I joined twitter a few years ago. Anyway just for fun predictions, I'll say we move back into the second half of the first round today. I don't think we see any big NHL players come to St. Louis today, but I expect we'll make a move of that ilk sometime in the next week. Seems like there will be some big deals across the league today, making it fun regardless of what the Blues do.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NYR are meeting now. Flames are pushing hard for Talbot. Oilers, Stars and Sharks still in mix. Two 2nds plus get it done?

There's going to be teams left out of the goalie market. I would definitely move Elliott, take our chances with Allen and a cheaper FA back-up until Binnington is ready for the right price.

wizard pork sword wrote:Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NYR are meeting now. Flames are pushing hard for Talbot. Oilers, Stars and Sharks still in mix. Two 2nds plus get it done?

There's going to be teams left out of the goalie market. I would definitely move Elliott, take our chances with Allen and a cheaper FA back-up until Binnington is ready for the right price.

I liked the idea of keeping Elliott around immediately after the season, but looking at this market I'd certainly be putting feelers out there to see what he could fetch at the bare minimum.

wizard pork sword wrote:Per JR

The play of what Armstrong labels the “younger core” of Blues, including Jaden Schwartz and Kevin Shattenkirk, has generated interest around the NHL. The club has also fielded proposals for prospects such as Petteri Lindbohm and Robby Fabbri.

“I think the easiest way to look at it is to look around the league to the other 29 teams and see how many trades are made,” Armstrong said. “Judge our activity on the other activity around the league. There’s just not a lot of that that happens. I know the fan base would love to play Wii hockey where guys are flying all over the league. But there’s just not that many trades in our game.”
Jesus Army, nobody plays hockey on the Wii.

Man in the box wrote:

Haha, that was my first thought too! I'm glad that our GM doesn't have time to keep up with video game trends though.

Dave's a mess wrote:
Man in the box wrote:

Haha, that was my first thought too! I'm glad that our GM doesn't have time to keep up with video game trends though.
lol Is this a Larry Pleau being at a BBQ on trade deadline day all over again? DA put down the Wii and MAKE A TRADE!!!

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat · 18m18 minutes ago
Jay Bouwmeester is an interesting name... Blues have received multiple calls. Dallas and Colorado have shown interest among other teams #NHL

Um, that's the first time I've see JBo mention in trade conversations anywhere other than a Blues forum.