FTP: WCSF vs. Stars

"Blues fans are cocky and arrogant…" :lol:
... and Binni is not as good as we think.

Btw, I say the Blues in 5 or 6 ;) :lol:

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... t.2638035/

Page number: 1

Let's ****ing go
Blues fans are cocky as hell about their team so I really hope we can shut them up this series

I thought Oleksiak looked GREAT tonight, and Polak looked tired and slow. Lovejoy didn't impress me much either. Those two are so important to the PK, I'd like to see an uptick for Jamie at even strength to rest those 2. I doubt it'll happen though.

Lovejoy was fine, he's doing his job. Oleksiak did look great, as did Polak.

Really hope game 1 is on friday.....I'm seeing the Avengers Saturday at noon and game 2 better not be around that time

Next challenge boys, let's do this. What a time to be alive.

lmao at Binnington being the greatest goalie of all time because of 30 games
Has no one in St. Louis ever bothered to look up Andrew Hammond, who had an eerily similar season to Binnington? He's really the only comparison, and look where he is now. Matt Murray 2.0 my ass.

Beat those cocky, arrogant *****ebag of a fanbase please guys..

I mean look at his stats!
2.63 GAA and .908 sv%
Those are some elite if not borderline generational playoff numbers!!!

If Game 6 was a sign of what Bishop is bringing to the St. Louis Series then the Blues might as well just stay home

Wasn't he their backup AHL goalie or something to start the season? Idk where to find that information but I think they said it on NBC
I mean he looks good but idk if I would be so confident in him going forward to future seasons...goalies are so unpredictable. No doubt he's gonna get a Calder nomination though imo which is frustrating cause we all know who he's gonna push to 4th

Binnington got lit up by Texas a few times early on while he was with San Antonio. There was that one game where he tried to fight L'Esperance and then the whole Stars bench and got ejected. To be fair to him Rampage had been one of the worst AHL teams this season.

I remember that

He can be rattled. He definitely has a temper. Get in his face, Crash the net, A snow shower here and there. Dallas will see Jake Allen in no time.

Yes.
I really have no idea how anyone thinks Binnington is just as likely to play well as Bishop is. Both should have a good series, but Binnington is absolutely a riskier player to rely on.

Not even 5 hours since we win and I already want nothing more than to see Binnington get pulled at any point in this series.

Don't think I've EVER heard anyone describe st. Louis's fan base this way.... Especially after being exposed to Trashville fans for 2 weeks... You wanna talk about some arrogant fans....
We're too cautious to be cocky. Anyways, I digress. I'm getting off topic....
Just wanted to say great job in beating those window lickers. I hate that entire team. So if we can't beat em, I'll applaud anyone that does. Subban's tears must taste AMAZING.
This is going to be the best match up of the playoffs. Good luck guys.
Now.... Back to s*** talking in the series thread.....

I remember the Blues was on firesale early this season. It will be a fun serie for sure!

Lightning fan coming in peace. I'll be rooting for you guys and not just because of Bishop. Great team, good luck to y'all!

Do we know when the NHL will release the dates of round 2?

So does everyone else want to know the schedule because they're worried there's going to be a game on when they see Avengers? I know I'm worried about that.

They don't usually release anything until the 1st round is over. Since the Western Conference will be final tonight, I could see them releasing the STL/DAL and LV/SJ/COL series info tonight or tomorrow morning.

Living in Europe I don't have this problem, Avengers will release here a day earlier than in the US, so I have tickets for wednesday evening

better yet, won't go see it in theaters = no problem at all

A lot of people are giving the Blues the edge in goal on the main board. I know Binnington has been great for the Blues but come on... look at Bishop's numbers so far and his all time playoff numbers, they're extremely impressive. I don't understand what argument you could make for the Blues having the edge in net. Whatever, none of our predictions or opinions matter.

Page number: 2

Dislike

but but but some stats say he's better!
That's the thing I don't understand. Their defense and forwards being better, sure, there's an argument. That can be legitimately debated. Binnington is absolutely not a better option than Bishop right now, though.

I can't believe it

Stars have done well in the underdog role. The less people think of them the better.

Well...most people on the main board said the Preds will have no problems defeating the Stars.
They were all wrong.

Blues Fans calling Lindell trash in the main forum is making me laugh. They have no idea what they are in for.

Benn is gonna make binnington his b***h.

Ranking Bouwmeester over Lindell is mind boggling. I have no problem if you want to rank Alex P or Parayko ahead but Bouwmeester the soft as butter fan whipping boy? LMAO.

Yes Shapiro and some other verified guy think its gonna be Thursday (game 1) and Saturday (game 2) and here I am worried about what time it will be Saturday cause I have Avengers tickets for that day at noon

Can watch the avengers any other day !

Already got tickets :/

Its an away game, so just tape the Stars game and watch it later, if need be. If you had to give up home game tickets, it would be a bigger problem.

St. Louis fans seem to be coming in really cocky to this series. A few fans making excuses as to why we beat them in the regular season yada yada yada...

This is what I'll probably end up doing. Sadly everytime I try this I always can't help it but to check the score and see if its actually worth watching
On the bright side everytime I've skipped a game in this way, the Stars have won *knocks on wood*

If those claims are being made its a good belly laugh. Let them claim whatever they want. Hoping for a Stars victory in 6 games.

Don't you know St Louis as an edge over the Stars in the following catgeories: Goalies, Forwards, Defense, Penalty Killing, Power Play, Head Trainers, Intangibles, Fans and Coaching

Congrats on beating the Preds, I'm rooting for the Stars going forward. I like the way your team plays and most of the players as well. I noticed that the main boards series thread is already longer than the Preds v Stars was through the entire series, i'm truly sorry that y'all have to deal with that fanbase, one of the worst on HF IMO, hopefully the Stars can shut them up a bit.

oh man those Blues fans are very cocky over on the main boards.

Series likely to start friday?

Thursday is what a lot of people seem to think

Yeah that seemed the most likely date. Read on Twitter someone saying they overheard AAC staff talking about the first homegame would be on monday so that would fit.

Not Saturday!!!

Page number: 3

If I had to guess, after all of the series are over. The WAS-CAR has a big impact on the schedule. That series could start in Washington or New York.

Hello all, first time poster but stars fan since 93! Currently live out in California but have an opportunity to travel out to St. Louis this weekend for game 2. Any other stars fans going to be there? Was hoping to band together in a section or something if able.

Sorry. All the Stars fans are skipping the game to go see The Avengers.

Growing up in New York City, there's like this "ew, Texas" attitude we're brought up with because we're the big city with a big ego and we have to chest-thump over any other big city/state. We do the same thing with LA/California.
But after hopping on the bandwagon, I'm totally cool with Texas. You guys are great. As we say up North: "y'all keep it one hundred, B. For real." Either that or "ay yo, paisan!" Depends on what neighborhood you're in.
Either one applies.
Go Stars!

Kicking off a series 9.30 ET worked well last round.
Lets go again

I was coming here to join your bandwagon but after learning that there are people who actually like marvel **** "movies" I'll have to reconsider...

I'll still join the bandwagon, love your lineup (that Benn - Seguin - Radulov line must be my favorite in the league!) and hope you go all the way!

I feel true sadness for anyone that won't get to enjoy Endgame. I'll just have to go see again for all of you. You're welcome

I'm with you there. The Marvel/superhero fancanity thing is something I've never understood. It seems like it just came out of nowhere one day and people just all of a sudden knew what all that mess was and were big fans. When I grew up I didn't know anyone who read comics or knew what any of this stuff was other than like Superman, Spiderman, and Batman, but nobody actually LIKED it.

I grew up loving superheroes and it feels like these movies were made for me and others that grew up in the 90's. Watching them makes me feel like a kid again. These fans didn't come out of nowhere; comics, cartoons and superheroes in general have a lot of fans. Let's not act like be a nerd for superhero movies is any different than being a sports nerd. Sorry for being so off topic but my general excitement level is off the charts lately because of Stars playoff hockey and Endgame coming soon. I don't want to come down from this high!

I grew up in the 90s. Maybe it just wasn't a thing where I lived. I am a big sci-fi and fantasy nerd, I just don't get the superhero stuff. I do remember occasionally Batman or something like that cartoons in the afternoon maybe at some point but it was all about Disney afternoon baby!

Well good thing I can just wait a few days after to go see endgame. Can't do big crowds due to my anxiety. So I will be happily watching game 1 and 2

How does STL powerplay compare to ours

In the regular season, 21.1% (10th - STL) vs 21.0% (11th - DAL). For comparison, NSH is as 12.9% (dead last).
In the playoffs so far, STL is at 26.3% and DAL is at 18.2%.

Interesting- Stars are going to have to adjust to facing an actual powerplay and suppress them quite a bit

Noooo Oleksiak

Re: FTP: WCSF vs. Stars

Harri McBain wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:50 pm Binnington got lit up by Texas a few times early on while he was with San Antonio. There was that one game where he tried to fight L'Esperance and then the whole Stars bench and got ejected. To be fair to him Rampage had been one of the worst AHL teams this season.
for reference:

gonna remember this one.
St. Louis fans seem to be coming in really cocky to this series. A few fans making excuses as to why we beat them in the regular season yada yada yada...

This is what I'll probably end up doing. Sadly everytime I try this I always can't help it but to check the score and see if its actually worth watching
On the bright side everytime I've skipped a game in this way, the Stars have won *knocks on wood*

If those claims are being made its a good belly laugh. Let them claim whatever they want. Hoping for a Stars victory in 6 games.

Don't you know St Louis as an edge over the Stars in the following catgeories: Goalies, Forwards, Defense, Penalty Killing, Power Play, Head Trainers, Intangibles, Fans and Coaching
who? who are these people saying this? i don't think anyone here wanted to face the stars over the preds. talk to trash, get trash talk.
I was coming here to join your bandwagon but after learning that there are people who actually like marvel **** "movies" I'll have to reconsider...
oh go fuck yourself, you cunt.
I'm with you there. The Marvel/superhero fancanity thing is something I've never understood. It seems like it just came out of nowhere one day and people just all of a sudden knew what all that mess was and were big fans. When I grew up I didn't know anyone who read comics or knew what any of this stuff was other than like Superman, Spiderman, and Batman, but nobody actually LIKED it.

I grew up loving superheroes and it feels like these movies were made for me and others that grew up in the 90's. Watching them makes me feel like a kid again. These fans didn't come out of nowhere; comics, cartoons and superheroes in general have a lot of fans. Let's not act like be a nerd for superhero movies is any different than being a sports nerd. Sorry for being so off topic but my general excitement level is off the charts lately because of Stars playoff hockey and Endgame coming soon. I don't want to come down from this high!

I grew up in the 90s. Maybe it just wasn't a thing where I lived. I am a big sci-fi and fantasy nerd, I just don't get the superhero stuff. I do remember occasionally Batman or something like that cartoons in the afternoon maybe at some point but it was all about Disney afternoon baby!
maybe your friends couldn't read you fucking dummies. i grew up in the '70s and am stoked for this. also, my mom enjoys the movies, she doesn't know shit about comic books or superheros. they are just good movies. fuck all of you, i hate you even more now.

I may get myself banned from this site too, but I don't get all the "marvel superhero love" either. I like a couple Batman (Dark Knight with Christian Bale was badass) movies and the first two Ironman movies, but the rest just seems like a mess of throwing shit against the wall, to me. Then again, a lot of folks hate/dislike Star Wars and Star Trek Movies/Shows and I'm a huge fan. But for those who enjoy Marvel movies, good for you and hope it's a great movie for you :)

But yeah fuck the stars and their shitty dumbass cowboy loving fans.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:07 pm
Harri McBain wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:50 pm Binnington got lit up by Texas a few times early on while he was with San Antonio. There was that one game where he tried to fight L'Esperance and then the whole Stars bench and got ejected. To be fair to him Rampage had been one of the worst AHL teams this season.
for reference:

gonna remember this one.

who? who are these people saying this? i don't think anyone here wanted to face the stars over the preds. talk to trash, get trash talk.
oh go fuck yourself, you cunt.

maybe your friends couldn't read you fucking dummies. i grew up in the '70s and am stoked for this. also, my mom enjoys the movies, she doesn't know shit about comic books or superheros. they are just good movies. fuck all of you, i hate you even more now.
I like it......may I borrow that?? :)

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:52 am This Avengers thing is mind boggling....the movie is gonna be in theaters like for the next 4 months
The Hulk never crushed my soul after spending $750 on tickets though.
predictable vs unpredictable = less risk vs greater reward

If we knew the result of a sporting game the same as we knew the eventual outcome of a movie (the good guys always win...unless there's a sequel planned for them to avenge themselves), what fun would it be? And I love good movies. But for me at least, there is zero comparison to a great movie vs a Blues hockey game, much less a playoff hockey game for my favorite team.

But hey, as I said, to each their own and I hope all avenger fans come out feeling incredible.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:52 am This Avengers thing is mind boggling....the movie is gonna be in theaters like for the next 4 months

If we knew the result of a sporting game the same as we knew the eventual outcome of a movie (the good guys always win...unless there's a sequel planned for them to avenge themselves), what fun would it be?
“Can’t relate”
- Chinatown
Just a Russian propaganda account

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 am

If we knew the result of a sporting game the same as we knew the eventual outcome of a movie (the good guys always win...unless there's a sequel planned for them to avenge themselves), what fun would it be? And I love good movies. But for me at least, there is zero comparison to a great movie vs a Blues hockey game, much less a playoff hockey game for my favorite team.

But hey, as I said, to each their own and I hope all avenger fans come out feeling incredible.
If someone tells me the outcome of Saturdays game today I won't even care. If someone tells me the outcome of the second half of the greatest movie of all times...Im not going to be as Zen. I love the Blues. I go out of my way to accomodate that love. I have no problem watching the game late on Saturday because of this conflict.

netboy65 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:45 am
Yes it will, but if you're truly a fan you won't be able to go that long without hearing/seeing some sort of spoilers
I have jumped through some hoops to see the Blues....drove to Colorado to see the WCF vs the Avalanche, I went to several games each round during the run to the WCF in 2016 and spent untold thousands of dollars on tickets. Now here is a conflict...I have tickets for Avengers Saturday...tickets are scarce until after Sunday. I have a reasonable solution I can live with. The only sad part here is the lack of joy in the lives of anyone not excited about this movie.

Who knew BNF would be a more satisfying blend of hockey and movie talk than any of the websites of yore like Puck Daddy and Grantland. In any event I feel bad for you guys that are missing parts of one of the games for pre-purchased movie tickets. I was able to find a solution that scratches both itches: taking off work Friday afternoon and catching a matinee. Is now my absolute busiest time of year at work by a mile? Absolutely, but I love hockey and hate spoilers, so here we are. None of you are clients of mine are you?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 am Who knew BNF would be a more satisfying blend of hockey and movie talk than any of the websites of yore like Puck Daddy and Grantland. In any event I feel bad for you guys that are missing parts of one of the games for pre-purchased movie tickets. I was able to find a solution that scratches both itches: taking off work Friday afternoon and catching a matinee. Is now my absolute busiest time of year at work by a mile? Absolutely, but I love hockey and hate spoilers, so here we are. None of you are clients of mine are you?
Trust me, I've had total fomo lately with everyone stoked for this movie and GoT. I just have never been able to get into those types of shows or movies. I'll stick to my Tom Hanks and John Candy movies, I guess.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 am Who knew BNF would be a more satisfying blend of hockey and movie talk than any of the websites of yore like Puck Daddy and Grantland. In any event I feel bad for you guys that are missing parts of one of the games for pre-purchased movie tickets. I was able to find a solution that scratches both itches: taking off work Friday afternoon and catching a matinee. Is now my absolute busiest time of year at work by a mile? Absolutely, but I love hockey and hate spoilers, so here we are. None of you are clients of mine are you?
Trust me, I've had total fomo lately with everyone stoked for this movie and GoT. I just have never been able to get into those types of shows or movies. I'll stick to my Tom Hanks and John Candy movies, I guess.
Nothing wrong with that!
unclebuck.jpg unclebuck.jpg Viewed 13171 times 19.77 KiB
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 am
Tom Tuttle from Tacoma Washington would be excited for End Game...the peoples movie.