FTP: WCQF Game 6 Jets 04/20/2019 (GDT)

This thing is over! What a game and series!

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... f.2636959/

Page number: 10

Maurice has that 'can i still tell everyone in the post game interview that I like our game tonight if we lose' look on his face.

Nice Save

What

My bride just asked if I'm nervous. I replied, nope, not til we have a lead in the third.

???

Nice play Buff!

Ahaha ha. It just started

Whelp...

Lol we are toast

Buff and Helle... great... are we going to Calgary Flames this game

What a ****ing terrible start.

****!

Wow, the early start time really threw us off, eh?

Byfuglien ran our goalie.

Wow is that sad

Well....... that went bad quickly

Good stop Hellysuck!

Hahahah
Real garbage real quick

Bunch of dumb ****s

Chiarot is a joke. And not a funny one. He screwed up horribly twice on that play.

Well home team scored in first 12 seconds last game and we know how that turned out!!

Byfuglien is a clown

Awesome

Are you ****ing kidding me here?! Is this how you start a game fighting for your life?

Another Maurice challenge let see how it works out

Actually that's goalie interference!

Page number: 11

That's a goal

Stupid challenge. Our own guy was on our goalie.

That's not ****ing goalie interference lol. This should be a quick review.

Awful stupid challenge

Maurice doesnt know that goal tender interference doesnt apply to your own guy.

Thats a goal, why bother.....

Well when the jets lose tonight at least I can get into more spring projects that need to happen

He never uses the T.O. anyways

It not good play by Buff but what is Chiarot doing?
Bad goal by Helly.

Dumb challenge from Maurice
Obvious goal

Schwartz even angled his skate to avoid the pad.

Lol wtf. Why would you challenge this?

Of course

Chiarot is more to blame than Buff. Chiarot has to do a better job boxing out Schenn on the play.

Buff give the puck away FFS!

No **** Sherlock

That's an awful call by Maurice

I don't get why that was challenged. The only interference was from Buff.

It's ok we don't need that timeout.

Fire this stupid coach man

Ffs...We need a new coach.

Don't worry, Jets. It's not like you're expected to win.

And they lose their god damned time out as well. ****ing fantastic.

Let's get it back

Randork and DeBrusk are really feeling it tonight

That is not interference. Good goal. Bad buff. Bad Chiarot. Good omen .

Not happy with Buff's play on that goal either but Chiarot stepped up at the blue line for some reason and then was caught chasing.

Page number: 12

Not a big deal, Maurice never uses them effectively anyways

The lame D continues....

Good start.

I hope it's not bad Buff tonight. We need Buff to carry this team.

It's OK. Game going as planned. Road team needs to come from behind to win!

Adversity is staring the Jets right in the face more then ever at this second. IF they come back and reign victorious in game six, they will win the Stanley Cup. This has the making of being an epic statement.

Has Maurice made a single good call as a coach during this series?

Seriously, more often than not, scoring first this series is the kiss of death

I'd rather not tempt fate.

We did that on purpose

Down 2-0 and the Jets will have them just where they want them.

Buffs turnover ultimately led to the goal, simple play that Buff couldn't execute because he was sloppy!

Would not expect a team that was in a game 7 last year to be this nervous. Wow

JETS SUCK!!!
5-3 for the Blues!!!

Le bonne ton roulette. Frenchie gets us going.

I don't like turnovers but that's Buff's game and he makes way more plays than he screws up. Chiarot steps up to hit his man at the blue line when the play is already in the neutral zone. Why, exactly?

This team has playoff experience and their backs are against the wall; this isn't a Calgary that hasn't won a round in 4 years, this is a god damned Cup favorite for Chist's sake. This is some amateur bull**** here.
And this is the damned Blues. The team that chokes in the playoffs (or the last day of the regular season) year in and year out.
They better god damned win this game tonight.

He never needed one really.

Between no live thread and a million ads it's quite impossible to follow thread and game.

Cup favourites? What Jets team have you been watching. On paper, maybe. This season in terms of play? Absolutely not

iPad almost dead, time for charging,

Good stick

Real pretty. No shots

Shoot the puck. Please and thank you.

Wheeler doing a great job conserving energy

That was a great play by Morrissey.

They need like 70 shots on net to win this one.

Page number: 13

Buff hits post. Dam

There opponent is the Blues. The team famous for choking in every big moment in their 52 year existence. Seriously, the West is so open right now; they just have to not cock this up.

A lot of people seem very concerned about a time out lol.

Too much perimeter play, Morrissey and Byfuglien have the right idea, maybe our forwards can get into the game too.

I don't really like how the Jets look like today. Lost and disoriented somehow. Well, at least last shift was looking better by the 1st line. Don't have any faith in Maurice though.

Binni you lucky son of a gun

4 shots from the point that have missed the net. Come on already.

What did we do to deserve no bounces or luck

69 to go

Good chance by Buff

Score ffs!

They expect to be down one with 30 seconds to play.

They kinda were the opposite of choke this season coming from last to where they ended up.
Statistically they have been much better than the Jets this year so us not winning this series really shouldn't come as a surprise.
Still got lots of time left though so let's see

If this game is a one goal game late in the third we are going to miss that faceoff.

Some of the Jets D have hard shots (Chiarot, mainly as Byfuglien's is fairly underwhelming for his size) but none of them have a low, hard and accurate shot that makes a premiere offensive D overly threatening.

Not much pace to the Jets game today.
Coach instruct the team to save energy for the SC Final?

Blues do just enough to interfere but not take a penalty

Morrow has a cannon.

You mean defense?

True. But the rest of his game isn't worth having him in.

Ehlers is actually just a massive waste of a roster
Spot in a playoff game.

With Flames out I think Jets are the new favourite to win it all.

Only five more years of Wheeler turnovers.

No bodies or traffic around Binni on any Jets shots as of yet.

Would absolutely flip Hayes and Laine in the lineup. Laine's lethargy is weighing down the line. Keep Laine on PP assignments but stick Laine with Perreault and Roslovic.

Page number: 14

We're done. I'm trying make other plans tonight instead of watching this garbage effort.

Why did Scheif not change? Don't understand those decisions. If the puck goes the other way you're either stuck tired or your replacement is gonna be behind the play.

You know we are not skating or moving their feet when the Blues look faster then us. The Blues are slow man! A shame we could not take more advantage of that.

Im not sure if he's trying to do too much or not enough

Maurice probably felt stupid for the heat he got for using his timeout so late last game, so he decided to nip that in the bud this game at the first opportunity.

If it has a 5% chance of succeeding, it's worth challenging. Time outs are not that valuable.

Still early but wow between the nerves and not skating. Looks like a team that does not even believe in themselves to come back

K byeeeeee.

In Enstrom's early days he was known for getting point shots through. Need a guy that can do that. Honestly Myers is probably our best at getting shots through traffic.

His effort isn't the issue to me. It's that he can't do what he used to be able to do and his brain can't adapt.

We have lost our mojo, more specifically the consistent mojo of 2018

Good forecheck though. Lowry took the puck from their D easily.

26 got away with one

Was that an example of Wheezer's speed?

Keep it close tie up in the third and win it in OT, it's a repeat folks

Thats like me playing sports now.
My mind is way ahead of my body hahahaha
I forget i move sloooooweeerr....

And if there is a zero % chance, like this one?

Right. But Myers' shot isn't nearly heavy enough to be a particular threat. We have guys with hard shots, and guys who are okay at getting it through but none that have both. It contributes to the stretches of poor play on the PP as well as teams know Laine is the only threat from the perimeter.

That kind of stuff all season just hints at lack of accountability. I don't think it's purposefully selfish in the sense that he thinks he's staying out to do something good for the team, but it's actually quite selfish and potentially disastrous leading to a GA. Our line changes have been a mess all season and a group of players take stupid long shifts.

Desperation, that kind of goal is deflating.

If Helly had last year's numbers I suspect this team would be just as good or better

Oh yeh

When are these idiots going to realize that just shooting from all angles is a good thing.... they constantly have good chances, to either dump or pass it away. Just shoot the ****ing puck for **** sakes.

See ya.

You watch 10 minutes of a 1-0 game 6 playoff game, and you're done? LMAO.
SEE YA!!

Page number: 15

Even more deflating with a bad review hinting at the level of desperation, like we can't get the goal back.

Probably not till they're knocked out and go back and watch film as to why.

That looked off-side so no biggie.

Berube putting Schenn line against CLT. And it's looking pretty good for them so far.

Man, no confidence from the coach down.
The hard stuff tonight it is.

Maurice is looking like he's gonna ride the Scheif and Lowry lines into the ground for better or worse. These kinda things hint at a short playoff run IMO. We're a deep team that isn't played like one.

Nice hit Laine!

3 on 2, Jets turn it over in neutral zone
****ing lol

Jets aren't "skating".

Play this game like you did in game 4

It's my birthday today. I've been bedridden with some sort of plague since Thursday. Might just be a stomach flu. I didn't have enough energy to be upset when they lost last game. I'm just hoping for a good effort tonight from the boys. Go Jets Go

If only the imaginary friend that Hayes always passes to was a real player.

We got cement shoes skating Laine tonight

Regular season Laine is back

I like these pucks at net

Happy birthday man!
PS: Hope the plague passes soon

Did Wheeler just stick check Connor while he was entering the zone? Good lord.

It's not just Laine.

I think Conor is the only forward That showed up tonight

Wheeler needs to quit standing still on the far wall.

Blowout incoming ladies and gents

This is one pathetic team

Lowry just got held all through the neutral zone.

F*** me

Now they are just taking runs at us

Page number: 16

Yes. Bye.

This is honestly the kind of game a guy like Lemieux is made for. No energy, need someone with some heft to fly around and get dirty around the net too.

Thanks dude. Either I pass or this sickness does; it really doesn't matter which at this point.

Bye.

Our D love the bank shot off the back wall that never seems to accomplish anything.

Crazy stats.
Csw getting 21+mins a agame.
Hayes and Ehlers getting less than 13mins and Laine except for a game was hovering at 15mins.

Maybe i can understand if that line is flat outdominant like Mckinnons line.

Crash the net!

Hell of a save!

Bucky going to have to be wall for the rest of the game

Ehlers looks like Burmistrov out there

Bye.

A classic rope a dope game... right?
Is it still true team with first goal loses the game in this series?

We're getting crazy Buff tonight. This will go very well, or very bad.

Wow this D is some bad cheeze...

That was close

At least someone has shown up from the Jets!

Don't worry, you'll probably get the last laugh if the Jets lose

What a push by the Blues

Everyone knows Connor won't make a hit.. blues taking a full advantage.

This is worrisome

Blues just showed the Jets some big boy playoff hockey. Let's hope it wakes us up because they just went beast mode on us.

CLT does not show in the biggest game of the year. This is what they are paid to do. I understand everyone sucks, but when that is your role you also can not be getting outworked.

I could understand riding the Scheifele line if they were as good as they and Maurice thinks they are but they bleed shots and chances at an unbelievable rate. Put them with Myers and Kulikov and you basically have to just pray that a goal isn't scored on us.

Basing that on a couple of shifts?
I can see why people call these game threads toxic. Personally, I find these hot takes hilarious.

And Connor can't do anything when we don't have the puck, Wheeler and Schiefele often make lazy choices without the puck. Feast or famine.

The second our D-men get pressure.....panic ensues

If your doctor prescribed the Jets as a cure for the plague, you might want to consult Web MD next time.

Page number: 17

Pomo half wall beer league break out in full effect. Seriously the weakest coached team in the playoffs.
This is postional and systems right now. We are getting schooled here.

We will see what's more hilarious after the game tonight.
I hope you're right

I thought you left 4 minutes ago.

Ill sign. Anyone else?

Looking like it's going to be a penalty-less game unless it's 200% obvious. Even if it's 100% they might let it go.

That pass woke wheels from his nap

They are letting them play

We are getting tossed around like its men vs kids

Blue's D sucks.

Honestly, don't bother.

Bouwmeester has gone to the PK school of D 1 hand on the stick and punch

Same as last series. Its wasnt fleury that killed the Jets it was Vegas changed strategy that slowed the team down. And Jets werent able to adjust after game 1.

Brutal defense

There is our top pair everyone overrates

Only the Jets can give up a clean breakaway after the defenceman stands behind his net for 30 seconds.

That was one of the most pathetic defensive breakdowns off a breakout that I've ever seen. Without exaggeration.

They are taking a tough matchup, a matchup that the money guys should be taking. Hard to blame them.

Hellebuyck bailing this team out left right and center

Can we help Helle out here? please!????

Ultimately this has nothing to do with tonight's game, but you just can't win the cup by playing mostly 3 lines for 4 rounds . IMO we saw this last year. We got to round 3 but your top 3 lines were burnt out while Vegas was rolling all 4 lines.

That is losing hockey for the Blues/ They cannot control the puck on their stick. Peewees have better puck control.

Just wow. What happened to last year's defensive responsibility?

We need to spend some time in the Blues zone

No you don't.

Helly saving bacon.....but major incompetence, in front of him

Page number: 18

Perreault doing Perreault things haha
go jets go

Lol Chiarot. What a pylon.

I hope they win, but I'd rather go play shinny with my 8 year old who actually puts in an effort on the ice.

Wheeler really needs to wake up. That's just embarrassing

What the f is this team doing?

Horrid puck handling.

Lucky to be down just 1-0. Lets come out a new team in the 2nd???

This is hilarious

Nm there was game 2. Jets are doomed...

Best news is it is only 1-0. You know the rest. Fuggly.

You try getting an 8 year old ready in 4 minutes. Lol

Positively nutty that we've never tried to balance our lines better 5 on 5 by splitting up 55 and 26. Through half a season of non-playoff team level play, never even tried it once.

At least Helle showed up, otherwise it would already be over.

Our D is extra garbage tonight.... man, we need a overhaul next year and find some guys who can be reliable.... 3 almost breakaways..... gibe me a break.

Welcome back!

Team is playing awful. Helle kept us in it but we ain't winning this one with that amoubt of disorganization and sloppiness.

Yup. You need 30 minutes.

Team is getting bullied and playing like a team that thinks they're about to be eliminated. First thing they need to do is man up a bit. Some of our skill guys are not competing hard enough. You have to put your body at risk if you want the puck or score a goal or win in the playoffs. I'm hoping we have the legs we need as the game goes on and the Blues tire a bit.

Ugh..
Where are the Jets?

Wide open Blues all over the place.....coming on the heels of the last game. Unacceptable.

Where is our ****ing defense.

Yup. We're going to see some gong show material from St Louis too. Could turn fast

Well, you sticking around the forums doesn't speed things up rofl

This
We will now see what our leadership and coaching is made of. That was horrible for an elimination game. The nerves should be cooled now, adjustments need to be made and effort upped a whole lot.... i wont hold my breath

The one thing that's gonna grind my gears if we get eliminated is the 1st rounder and Lemieux.

Buff should put his ass in Binnington's face like he did to Helle on the goal.

Yep. We should base our entire offseason plans based on a period of hockey.

Page number: 19

Maurice could bring a 200 piece marching band into the dressing room at intermission and it still wouldn't wake this team up.

Exactly. Goaltending, depth, and being able to roll 4 lines are all the biggest keys to winning a Cup. I had more faith last year. Not feeling it this year.

This is the most sloppy period I have seen the Jets play in this series.
They can not even string together a proper pass.

go jets go

Maybe that obnoxious alarm nobody likes would work.

I take it you slipped into a coma after the playoffs last year and woke up immediately before this game.

A few of us at the time thought it was a bad move to make a trade this year at the deadline due to the Jets overall poor play and how it wouldn't help the Jets go far in the playoffs, and at the rate we're going right now, we were right.

This is why you need your goalie to always show up ... just in case your team doesn't. It buys them time if and when they do decide to start playing.
Helly is earning his pay tonight.

Especially when Hayes is playing <10 minutes.
Make that move last June ROR might be on our bench.

That 20 second stall by St Louis and pass from behind the net should have never turned into breakaway.

Why are the Jets allergic to garbage goals in front of the net? I miss their physical, fast skating game. Please come back in the second, like you give a damn.

St. Louis's defenSe has been not bad. But Winnipeg's defenCe has been mostly MIA from the last game onwards.

I am trying hard to stay positive. We look done for

Upon replay that first one seemed like a miscommunication between Roslovic and Trouba. Not sure who should be responsible for that though.

You're absolutely right - and even more hilarious that it did.
It's just sad, really

k Jets fans just have to accept that Chariot and Perreault are always gonna be on the ice
they wont be bench doesn't matter how much they mess up they are Maurice's Puppets

More like 5 months now.

This is a gutless effort by a team on the verge of being eliminated.

Guys not 100% yet and not enough guys that can think fast enough. I do hope we see a bit of an overhaul in our defense in the offseason.

Looking like a defeated bunch. Still loads of time but no room for **** ups

was wondering how long it would take them to talk about the Leafs

No no, that's okay, we'll throw on the Leafs highlight anyway.

Yep, we only have 3 "top 4" D and two of them basically came back for this series.

If dip**** keeps putting out Chef for the most important face offs I don't know. Is this reality or is this just fantasy, I have no idea.

Didn't take long ....

Page number: 20

Hrudey is a trash can color commentator.
Even worse than Cassie Campbell if that is possible.

Where is our ****ing offence?

No, you weren't right at all. You don't white flag a season when the team was in first place and less than a year removed from the WCF. We also had the cap space to take on a significant asset. It's a no brainer you make that investment. jfc

Only positive that period... was that Helly kept it only 1-0

We better hope some of our D prospects pan out in the next couple of years the Central is on an upswing again.

It is like both our defense and offense left their balls in Winnipeg in their wives purses.

I must have more gears than you.

Hellebuyck stopping that breakaway definitely makes up for that first goal.

Couldn't afford a premier player in the offseason (otherwise we would have Stastny). Hayes has contributed since he got here and also potted two goals in the playoffs.
Anything else you want to add?

Down A goal in an elimination game against a team that is outplaying us while we are playing our worst period of hockey in the whole series

Still means nothing the way this series has gone. Still anyone's game imo.

He needs to go old school -- put some farts at them.

I told them to put some tape on that switch!

You're honestly going to blame him for that first one? Not Buff for backing up directly into him?

it's ok Chariot and Perreault will save the day

With how Maurice is playing Hayes you consider him a "significant asset", really?
Do you actually watch the Jets games? I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or just willfully ignorant to their poor play this season, lol.

I had a dream about Perreault ending up in the penalty box again. But this time there was a huge padlock on the penalty box and it was more like a steel cage. My mum commented "œIs that Perreault in there" and I said take a guess.

Roslovic sucks. Can't have him and Ehlers figure skating in the lineup at the same time. Especially when playing against actual men
Edit: oh yea, Perreault too. It's obvious it's guy like Lowry, tanev etc that will win you this type of series, not the fluff we have in the lineup right now. Bring back Lemieux?

I guess my point is for those who are already throwing in the towel, were you busting out the celebratory champagne last game when we were up on the blues 2-0 heading into the third with a boat load of momentum?

That red arena looks nice. Like people with blood in them, not people without blood in them.

F off Schwartz

Spending almost $15 million in cap space on Perreault, Kulikov, Myers. Lots of room to make the team better last off-season, and next.

Eff off with the 60-second pre-qualifying for a mortgage, I'll take the noodles. Oh fer sure Gord.

We should have won that game. By god we should have won it. That has to be one of the most deflating games I've ever seen.

Page number: 21

Time to turn on the Jets boys

Where's Wheeler intensity?

How many of those points have been in the playoffs, the main reason we acquired him?
Convinced you're trolling at this point

It was. I was in absolute shock just like the rest of our fellow fans. But that's the playoffs. Anything can happen and we can't throw in the towel especially not in a one goal game after the first period in a series defined by millimeters and seconds

If only the guys were as jacked up as the guy after takeoff ha

Laine wants the season over

Maurice's strategy for getting out of zone: dump out.
Maurice's strategy for getting into zone: dump in.

Helle really needs to work on his puck handling this off season.

I hope the Jets don't throw in the towel either. There's still lots of time left!

More interference then you can handle right now

Just adapting Mr. Myagi's waxing strategy to hockey

Blues pitching Jets catching

I'd be surprised if we eclipse 10 shots on goal by the end of the 2nd at this rate

Hmm Tarasenko looked offside to me there

What a joke. Only league in pro sports who's rules change in the playoffs. Clutch and grab hockey

Have faith in the boys!
My prediction...we'll look better as the game gets on haha

Refs sure swallowing the whistles hard tonight

Just tuned in.
5 shots? Not quite the intensity I would hope to see from a team facing elimination.

I can't be the only one that feels what RoR has with his stick is illegal?

Why do you want us to believe that when it hasn't been the case all year?

We could make the adjustment.

What do you mean?

Jets have given up.

Laine definitely looks like he's nursing something.
That last play by Connor was so soft.

Maurice is gonna make Berube a jack Adams winner it seems

Page number: 22

Lets gooo Jets

Just need that 1 goal.

Buff got away with one

5 shots? I had more already

Maybe the Jets are trying to pull a reverse Jets. Save their play for the final 20min.

Scheifele looks tired he needs a boost

During coaches corner, they showed RoR's stick, and it's got.... Like a hook? On it? I don't know how the hell to describe it.
Just screams illegal to me though.

He is a absolute tire fire so far! Holy crap!

Good news about this probable loss is Maurice is gonna be on a very short leash next season.

This is gutless.
Not even a shot on net in the 2nd period.

****ING WAKE UP!!!

Can't wait for the ticky tack call in the 3rd....

Scheif really needs to learn what defense is. Standing in the middle of the ice covering space leaving Reilly open. What does this accomplish exactly?

Blues getting great scoring chances on almost every shift it seems

Can some one give helly a players stick maybe he can score, he is stopping this from being a blow out might as well see if he can win it too.

Looks like it might be another close one

Copp Lowry and Tanev are the best line by far tonight and that's not good, that rest are mailing it in so far tonight except Helle who when he stays in his net is keeping us in it.

How many open guys do the Blues get here? Helly left again to his own devices...

Out top two lines are a ****ing joke tonight.

Not one sog so far this period.

Size of his blade I'd guess

They're practicing for golf where low is good.

Would make sense, considering he's missed a lot of morning skates. He def looks a bit off tonight not laying as many hits either
Unless that was a superstition thing

He won't be the coach next year will he? The jets haven't had enough success this season to have the second longest tenured coach in the whole league. They would have to win this series I hope

Was going to post the same thing. If you're playing man, need to have a man. If you don't, there's a guy open.

Lol this team sucks

Page number: 23

Trouba you suck. Bye bye

Yup....incoming goal

Lmao @ 5 shots

We're playing soft, slow, dumb, lazy, need I go on?

This team looks like it has given up. 5 shots and without a shot this period.

And there it is. Well solid call at least.

Not a shot on net in almost half a period.

Good job Troubs.

Enjoy Florida or Detroit or wherever you end up Trouba

Jacob troubduuh

This team has the heart of a slug

And once again Trouba with a dumb ass penalty

SOG: StL 16 WPG 5

well of course the jets wont win you are not gonna win games with only 5 shots

Another pointless penalty

Cant get shots when u cant break out.

I cannot wait to see the Blue's PP Goal.

That and delay of game is all they might call all night. Refs don't like making calls in these kind of games.

Whole team outside 3rd line and Hellebuyck have checked out of this series.

Two big goals.
Careful with the trolling accusations. I am not the one who said the Jets couldn't beat the Sabres in a playoff series or a first place club should be a trade line seller.

Well then you're on the wrong board bud

Appleton says I know!

Dream of a shorty is just a dream

Come on boys wake up!!

Let's not complain about reffing, missed calls both way, and the Jets have an awful PP anyways

Page number: 24

I can't watch this power play. Going audio only.

Blues is clearly a well-coached team, Jets is clearly not.
Huge difference in structure.
Jets is the more talented team though

May not be any worse than watching the 5 on 5

Omg I hate our PK.

Yeah.......it was sarcasm.

Just noticed this wasn't live, it is now.

We call it quitting on the coach!

At this point we are getting nothing for Trouba and negative for Frenchy!

Inform the Jets, please

More crosschecks please. Nothing gets called anyway.

Maybe the pushing of the button will make them live too. It's worth a shot.

TSN turning point!

Not the worst thing honestly

Can't help but wonder how Niku would have looked in this series!?

Elimination game. Getting outshot 19-5. Lol

Weak stuff from 55

Smart veteran play by Buff

Wow

His glove is awesome. Quit going there

Undisciplined.

1 goal
Change the tide

A shot!

**** off.

Ok there is the Bettman call, perfect.

Page number: 25

Jokes.... wow

Our only team toughness is mild cheap shots after the whistle

Take a penalty, when the puck is in a different zone.....nice

I'm really not sure how I feel about a Knights fan doing this.... talk about being conflicted...

Quality, quality penalty right there.

Whatta dumb ****!!

Buff...

Yay, another PK.

Thanks Buff

Maurice looks lost.

What?

This team is out of control

No Jet near the net. Easy save. We make is easy on Binni

Too many penalties. We're going to need a big fat shorty.

What happened? NBC went to commercial

What will it take for people to admit this team this year simply sucks.
People said everything was going to change in the playoffs, those people must feel pretty silly right about now

After putting the whistles away for the first half of the game, a weak call away from the play. Seems legit

Buff went after Perron on the bench. Got him in the face at least once.

We're just earning credit for our own upcoming power plays.

wow as if Byfuglien just falls into that shjt he should know dam well hes gonna get called on it lol

Buffoon punched someone on the Blues bench.

The mandated don't let the Jets out of the first NHL directive!
Of course Buff back to undisciplined play, coaches Wheeler and Schief tell him go for dawg, play your game both good and bad Buff!

I'm guessing that had Morrissey scored it would have been voided due to penalty

Quitting on themselves/each other then too.

Out of this season, from the start. Too much work. Five shots on goal is them saying "Thank gawd it's finally over."

Buff wtf..............

Page number: 26

Buffelin

Ok on the replay that was absolute buml**** of a call.

Well that's bull ****. Buff was grabbed from the bench

Undisciplined teams do not win in the playoffs

After Perron butt ended him from the bench.

Ah man. Just when we started to show some life

Perron is nothing but a little ****.

Give it a rest

Still it's dumb in his part

It's 1-0. It's not over yet

F off. Its gotta go both ways on that call. Buff was shoved first...

Wow this is so embarrassing

How you gonna notcall a penalty for grabbing byfugliens stick from the bench

I see the game plan now...
Get outshoot 10-45 , tie it up with 30 seconds to go, win it in overtime. St. Louis will be so depressed they won't even make the trip to Winnipeg...

Oh look, Ehlers is on the bench!

Perron's stick didn't go near Buff, he was holding Buff's stick or jersey.

Jeez Helle had to clear that too.

Don't deserve to win this one tonight. Embarrassing hockey.

Not to mention it looks like his stick was being held in the bench...

Make a call. What a joke

Hell of a goalie

Buff lost his discipline there.

No doubt. Basically the same **** from that guy every post.

Come on. Bear hugging a guys stick on the ice should be a penalty.

Holding the stick on Schenn

Page number: 27

Hellebuyck playing unreal

Big league goaltending....

Regardless of what Perron did, you know they are going to call the retaliation. So don't retaliate effing idiot.

Lol Helle the only one playing tonight for the jets yikes

Umm holding on Schenn. . .

Stick was first grab was after.

No penalty to Schenn, no of course not, nobody on NBC wants to see the Jets!

I guess the Jets are battling the refs also. WTF

Nobodies quitting, just no leadership, discipline or direction.

Didn't say it was smart

Helly is amazing.
Ref doing the right thing and going right up to them and get involved. Too bad no call for us.

List of players that have heart and showed
Up in an elimination game. In alphabetical order:
Helle
Thats all

Seriously I think Buff is going to kill someone tonight

Lmao that's a penalty not a offside wtf. Piss poor NHL ****.

Nice Helle

Can't rely on his team to clear the puck so he has to do it himself. Poor Helle.

Team don't give a damn coached by dumb dumb Mo!

Jet's being totally dominated here -like 1 shot in the 2nd period at the 10 minute mark. The score should be 3-0 Blues. Jet's showing no heart and determination. I'll be schocked if they win --they don't deserve it.

**** off

This should be 5-0

Now can't challenge one that is actually worth it.

Just a matter of time

Hellebuyck looked like something interfered with him there, not sure why he was down.

Absolute awful PK... lowry and tanev look like chickens with their heads cut off

Still think Jets are gonna flip a switch in the playoffs?
Lol

Was Helle blocked?

Page number: 28

I can't even be mad anymore.

Hopefully you convert those

Why are you trying to sell something there you dumb ****

Helle deserves better

So the only Canadian team coming out is my least favorite one ?

But you made it seem it was justified

pathetic effort by the Jets

Jets finally getting what they deserve, tonight

Wish we could have challenged actual goaltender interference.

Helle tried so hard to sell that... their was nothing he let that in trying to take a dive

His glove was stuck on his stick couldn't reset

Stayed down an awful long time. What was that about?

Wow, can't challenge an goalie interference.

Maurice blew the timeout on a zero probability challenge. When he needs it, it's spent.

go jets go

Wasted challenge was wasted.

Brutal...

That's some great reffing tonight but expected anyways

The Blues seem to move around a lot on the PP. On purpose. Like they think it will acomplish something. They must be crazy.

Glad we wasted our challenge on the other one hey. Good job ****ing Maurice

Does anyone have anything to say about how it's not a bad idea to waste challenges?

These refs really are incompetent
Shouldn't even have needed a challenge. The refs should seen that from where he was

That one would have been called back, Maroon's holding Helle there.

Refs are hot garbage. So are we. And no challenge left. PoMo. Thanks asshat

**** I hate the Blues

Great job wasting the coaches challenge earlier, Maurice.

Page number: 29

Maroon a sneaky ****

Great coaching you god damn idiot

Ah no he wasn't. Damn
**** wish we could have challenged that
Honestly team need to step up. Helle is doing his job and he's doing it well

But the Jets have 6 shots through one and just over half a period, how could they be losing?
Good coaches challenge Mo, oh wait we used it already....

This is an absolutely terrible performance by the jets.

What a joke by the refs missing that one. Also this is where Maurice bungled the earlier challenge.

6 shots in an elimination game?

**** that ****. Unbelievably bad reffing to miss that goalie interference.

#FreeMauriceIntoTheJobMarket

Would have been nice to have a challenge right now

Not in the least.
Just pointing out why it happened.
Both should have been called

Maurice is a bum.
Fire him.

Especially behind the bench!!!!!!!!

Glad we challenged the clear goal. Maurice man

I swear I have yet to see belle touch the puck and it not make me extremely uncomfortable

Of course we wouldn't need a challenge if the refs were any good

Pomo'd

i'm not even mad not even shocked they don't want to win how can you be mad 6 shots come on now

All the Blues players touch the puck......but Maurice isn't going to fall for that crap..........

F****ng repulsive reffing and coaching from PoMo.

Stupid as coach, stupid is team.

Lol holding on to a goalies glove... so does this mean that they can interfere with the goalie as much as possible now that we cant challenge it. And if the ref doesnt see it then were SOL. Give me a break!

Did I read that one of the refs tonight was St. Laurent? Isn't he a known Jets hater?

Betcha you'd like that coach's challenge back now, eh Maurice? Shame on you Jets.

#FreeMauriceIntoABlackHole

It's a terrible missed call but no one can say the jets deserve to be in this game right now. Completely pathetic effort in line with what we have come to expect from this group.

Page number: 30

Maroon is holding his arm, his glove hand and in pulling away Helle loses his stick, then the shot comes in. That would have been called back, probably should have been called off on the ice.

Blues showing us how to play with a 2 goal lead. **** this team I'm done

You reach out of grease and get equipment stuck.. should count anyway tbh.

True.. never understood why you need a challenge on a goal since Toronto looks at every goal. Take 10 seconds and review it.

Tanev and Perreault are the only forwards with shots.

Sooooo, how bout that new soccer team

Cant wait to hear the post game interviews..... what will they say now.... this team is a joke. No heart, no effort, no leadership, no coaching.... they deserve to get blown out tonight

Series is over. Maurice is a dumb f..., taking that stupid challenge early on. Would have been a good challenge on this goal.
Helle standing on his head.
Mourice is garbage

Yeah we do so go away
We're fans
What are you?

**** this team
**** Maurice
**** buff!!

I kinda want to goon it up.

Shots are 24-6. The jets are playing soft and with no urgency. It ain't the refs causing that!!

They're saving it for the 2020 playoffs.

Let's set nice easy goals... 2 shots in one period isn't too much to ask for is it?

The Jets D has no idea on what to do in front of their net

Team has just stopped skating.

My only take away if we are not going to a 7 game, is PoMo's job is on the line next year.

2 guys right there for the rebound, no Jets. WTF. Maybe we have to give up on Man-to-Man when none of our guys seem to be able to manage it.

The boys are rattled

I can't be a fan and be critical?
If you want to have blind faith, by all means. It ain't working out for you though.

yeah maybe Maurice needs to be fired

We have completely folded and then some. 6 ****ing shots in an elimination game. Get real.

That's the season then...

Hahahah seriously???

Agreed, but that's not how the NHL calls it. Maurice blew his challenge on what would've been extremely lucky to even be called incidental contact where Hellebuyck was already set on the shot.

Welp, should be an interesting off season.
What a complete waste of a year and a first round pick.

Page number: 31

Ok this is ****ing sad now

**** why wait? If there's an expectation that this team should be contending Maurice should be gone. Although we have missed out on the elite market as those guys have already snapped up jobs.

I enjoyed the last post I ever saw from you

That's playoff hockey. You cheat when you can and hope you don't get caught.
Jets should do the same, but they are not getting within 20 feet of the Blues net to cause any problems.

I'm at the rink with my son streaming the game. I cant stay away. And I really regret it now.

This Jets team doesn't look like they even care

THe same lines too. No changes. Getting outcoached by Berube. What a joke

This is just turning into a big joke now.

Or a timeout. Lol

Good luck in life blocking/ignoring people with different opinions than you

Get Maurice out of here.

I think what is most pathetic is that I am still holding out hope for them showing up in the 3rd.

Leave the coaching staff at the airport

I guess the clear hold on Littles stick, Buff getting hit from the opposing teams bench and interference on Helle's glove doesn't mean anything to you?

Unless u count buff

Wheeler cannot be the captain next year

Need to hope that Stl decides to play back in third to just hold the lead. Single goal would rattle them after dominating us.

It's actually very considerate of the Jets to skip the 40min of foreplay and just start with getting straight ****ed.

Craig Berube, outcoaching Maurice..... Hahaha.
We need an Easter miracle....

Come on boys, we need to get some pucks on net!!

Not happy with the Maurice challenge.....but players need to at least show up...

This team has the "I don't want to hit anybody might get hurt malaise" , warm beaches and golf vibe going on tonight

There are missed calls both ways. Our PP is crap anyways. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see even if we had 20 power plays this game this team was not going to accomplish anything

It's unfortunately Pascale Vincent's job to lose

Remember back in November when som of us were complaining about Mo overplaying Schief and Wheeler, how'd that work out, both look dead tonight!

Page number: 32

What a ****ing travesty. The Jets are facing elimination and this is how they play?!
It looks like they don't even give a ****.

I think you're missing his point. But certain people have a habit of that.

6 ****ing shots through almost 2 periods. IN AN ELIMINATION GAME.

We have had a lot of bad efforts this year but this might take the cake. Helle the only one who showed up for the biggest game of the year. So frustrating to watch us get embarrassed.

What is their record this year with Byfuglyn in the lineup? Not saying it's him but I sense they are a worse overall team with him in there and how Maurice uses him. Pure gut feeling.

That's a no go zone for the Jets there, Afterburner. Greasy goals, they don't like.

Maurice. I'm done

We have 6 shots on goal. No amount of reffing can fix that

I just don't have confidence in the ownership group to do that. It'll take another year of this for them to do it.

Holy moly, I can't watch the game but looking at the shot totals and score I'm not sure I would if I could. 25 shots on our net and 6 on theirs...

I'd rather be in the certain group of people that were right.

So in the challenge system even if there's egregious interference that isn't called on the ice there's no way to call that goal off if the team does not have a challenge?
So Game 7 SCF could be decided by a goal like that?

Berube is not Maurice

Poor Helly - he's playing great. Lets get some offence, please, please, please

Looking like a bunch of amateurs. So sad

Maurice is no worse today than last week or last year. Utterly incompetent regardless

WE NEED GREASY!!

People are shocked Jets look like they dont give a flying ****, but really it's been like this all year.

And by that time the window on this core is pretty much closed and we're building the next core.

Fire Maurice and strip wheeler of the C

Well, nothing to lose at this point. Let's see how close we can come to tying then winning.
Not looking good but momentum is a funny thing. We need a PP goal or something to give us our legs

Why do they even bother with 2 refs on the ice anyway?

Season on the line and we got 1 shot this period. What an embarrassment and it starts with our head coach.

I'm trying to pin point my frustration lol.

I like wheeler but Im kinda hoping he's not here next year. He is not passionate enough and lacks the leadership abilities and cannot lead by example

That was pretty soft by Scheif. Not like that wasn't predictable by Schenn.

Page number: 33

A bench of a bunch of losers who quit

Clearing our zone....is a moral victory, at this point

I know it sucks right now, but this is probably the best thing for the future of this team. This season has been mostly a train wreck and an (admittedly sad) outcome might bring about change in some form.

We can't even get the puck.

Jets aren't in the same league here. Totally outplayed. Helle saves the day and scores a hattrick? Maybe Torts show up in locker room and give a good inspirational speech? Obviously Maurice isn't capable of saving this.

Shots are 25-6
1 team wanted to move on
1 team wanted to go golfing
figure out which is which

Jets won 2 games that is likely enough to save Po Mo job for another year. Sucks but Jets will find someone else to blame.

We're the suckiest bunch of sucks that have ever sucked.

Just get something flukey.. like a shot or smth.

go jets

You know what, I'm not even mad about the penalties/goals against. The Jets have 6 SHOTS lmao. Get the golf clubs ready. This game is done. It's like they're literally thinking if they wait until late in the 3rd they'll be gifted some magic heartbreaker win.

Still one period left before anyone should quit on the team. No points for trying to be ahead of the curve. Let's see what the guys can do

It's game 6 of the first round. They're just soft, not exhausted

This team needs to blown up so bad

Delete the coaching staff

If this effort and result stands, people should meet their plane at the airport, swarm the players and coaches and kick the living **** out of them.

I dont think I can be bothered to stick around for the 3rd

Yup. So don't save timeouts til hope is lost in last 20 seconds of a game and don't WASTE challenges in the first 20 seconds.
Pomo'd

Absolutely it does but let's face it, they were playing $hitty regardless of those missed calls. We going to whine or power past it?

LoL, Blues continues to make great scoring chances shift after shift.
Embarrasing to watch

We need Hendricks

You'd think our captain would do anything, maybe drop the gloves to change the momentum of the game?

Omg I just realized who is the head offical no wonder we are getting screwed.

Is Ehlers benched?

How can this team not come to compete from the first puck drop for a game like this?
Unfathomable.

Do we finally get see shiefele and wheeler separated this game?

Seems to be the case unfortunately. I would hope someone steps in in a situation like that.

holy F Chariot doing Chariot things and Maurice will keep him out there lol

Page number: 34

In most cases, an effort like this in this important of a game should signal immediate action. Simply unacceptable, if I was Chevy I'd be more than enraged right now.

Blender in full effect

Good news my cat just started watching the game.. we usually play well when she does.

$6250000 per season Ehlers probably our worst forward this series and it's not even close!

Nice shot captain america

Charot waiting for the Pigeon Flyby

No puck support. No passing options.

6 shots on net with this roster?
Jesus Maurice, wtf?

We have 1 shot this period!! Still want to blame the refs??

Shooting wide from 6 feet out. At least make him make a save

Yeah we should embarrass the city for a worldwide audience and prevent any player from ever wanting to come here and ruin the entire future of the franchise. You are a a joke. Settle down.

CLose miss by wheels

The Blews are just faster to every ****ing puck

And the line shuffle begins....................

Come out in the third and crash the ****ing net on every ****ing play.

3rd Period wake up call??

It's incredibly baffling. The Blues are defending well, but Maurice has done and will do absolutely nothing to the systems to try and counter this other than line blending

Lol shief and wheeler still together though. What an idiot.

Omg this team .... What an embarrassing effort through 40

What's odd is we never saw them like this last year... and the roster is almost exactly the same. What the hell happened in the locker room?

I don't even care about this. Something happened in January and it didn't get fixed

Well, Maurice. Time to make someone cry

One period to save the season.

But 2 chances!

Even if we scored on 100% of our second period shots we would still be losing!

Jets are 100% thinking about what summer is going to feel like during this intermission, not what it'll take to get back in this game

Shots in the second period
Blues 16
Jerts 1

Re: FTP: WCQF Game 6 Jets 04/20/2019 (GDT)

Page number: 35

16-1 shots that period.

One shot by the Jets in that period. Is that good or bad?

Unlikely. You dont go from that 40 mins to playing good all the sudden

Yeh this is pretty bad. A lot of things have come to a head now all at once. I could probably go back and find a post where I thought this might happen. But like this is just...idk man. As a very passionate fan this is tough to swallow...

Mo doesn't have Blender Max just Blender Mini

The Jets could make a nice flag out of all their whiteout t-shirts.

Yeah it would be nice to return the favour

The refs are putting the nail in the coffin. No Canadian team other then Toronto will ever win the Stanley cup in the Bettman era.

Got em right where we want em

Maurice is to soft he cant wait the team up

Can they fire Maurice between periods?
Rooting for you guys in the 3rd here.

TOTAL HUMILIATION. 6 SHOTS? WTF?

One of the absolute worst looking periods by effort that I have ever seen the Jets play. It's game 6, WTF GUYS!?!?

Our PP is over 20% in this series but OK...
rofl

Depends. Was it a good shot?

Great character displayed by this team in a must win game... the entire process better be evaluated with a microscope this off-season.

The way this series has gone I never say never.

Yes, I'm blaming everyone. The Jets crappy play, the refs, PoMo, myself lol

Jets in desperation mode, facing elimination? Give me gin....much more gin.....

It does feel like they quit

Hopefully Maurice's last game behind the Jets bench!
Probably Maurice's last time behind an NHL bench!

I know. Last year the team was fast, forechecked, hit, scored, good defensively and shut down with a lead.
Fast forward to 2019, and the same players have completely forgotten about it.
Can't understand it. Perhaps Maurice and the players got very lackadaisical with pre-season practices and preparations.

Well said. I always wished the best for this team and it's fans, but maybe this will drive change.

He started off great but last 3 games he has been a turnover machine.
5 or 6 guys need to step up for the 3rd period if we are going to pot 2 or 3 goals. Maybe he can be one of them, I dunno

They share a shower stall, no way they're getting split up on the ice

It's hard to score 2 goals in a period with one shot on goal.

Page number: 36

Yes, I was literally hoping someone would get the ball rolling to get it done. Twitching corpses and the coaching staff's heads on sticks was what I thought would be the best possible outcome.

Humiliating.

Full mark's to the Blues, they are the better team by a long shot and they deserve the lead.

I swear if this coaching staff survives this year I'm not renewing my season tickets.

I'm not sure these guys would beat a local AAA team right now. This is disgusting.

This take is terrible and you should feel silly believing this.

Rumors have been circulating that they are not as family like as once thought. Apparently there is turmoil in the room this year between some vets and younger guys.

Our Jets are overloaded with passengers, tonight....

A real estate agent, with happiness, at the thought of a house sale.

You really want pascale Vincent to coach this team?

It's not your opinion that's bothersome, it's your constant negativity. Can't blame people for not wanting to read your posts, it's the same garbage everytime you "open your mouth".

That's because Wheeler is the boss of Maurice.

Yes.
You can challenge offsides as many times as you want... it only costs you a penalty if you are wrong.
But you can only challenge goaltender interference if you have a timeout available.
The NHL has this ass backwards. You can challenge if an offside is bad by a millimeter as many times as you want. But the game winning goal when the other team has your goalie in a bear hug can only be challenged if you still have your timeout.
The NHL brass are real idiots sometimes.

Jets quit, that's pretty clear.

Season on the line, 1 shot on net in the 2nd?
How do you defend that on any level?
Coaches and players should be ashamed of themselves .

gotta give the blues a taste of their own medicine and score 3 in the 3rd.
i got a feeling blues are gonna sit back a bit and protect the lead..this will give jets momentum and they will find a way to at least get it into overtime.

go jets go

It's perplexing for sure.
C'mon guys prove everyone wrong

Can't blow a 2-goal lead in the 3rd when you're down by 2 in the 3rd.

I agree --it's an embarrasment being a Jet's fan tonight

Not watching the game, because lol @ this team, but 16-1 shots in the second?
Jesus christ lmao.

No way management stands pat, TNSE are going to have management answering some tough questions as well!

Game: 6; shots: 6
Hmm

Really? There was a statistical run o the numbers Canada should have won at least 5 cups on the low end since Bettman took over. 5. How many have we won?

Chevy has to be watching this and saying to himself "I got a lot of work to do in the off season"

Agreed. I am very curious to pinpoint the exact moment this team started to tank, and what exactly the reason(s) was/were. Why isn't anyone in the top brass asking this?

Page number: 37

Probably last period of Trouba in a Jets jersey coming up...

If Wheeler skates off gently into the sunset I'll never cheer for this team as long as he's captain

Need to trade away the trouble-makers.

A long time ago.

Not only the refs, none of the fans are cheering for us either

Mo's strategy is working. Bennington now nicely chilled.
He'll never survive the 3rd period onslaught now. He'll let all 3 shots in.

I'm ready to take notes on how to hold a two goal lead in the third period...

This is an embarrassing take.

The refs are not responsible for our horrendous collaps as a team.

Honestly, I'm not one to make radical changes after a playoff loss, but this is something else. Wheeler shouldn't have a C after this disaster. I'd be one thing if the Jets had to grind out victories till the end of the season, but they didn't, they coasted the last half of the season, and now can't be bothered to show up for the biggest game of the season

1 shot in a period is NHL playoff record low.

They are a .500 team wins and losses since mid December.

Many of you know that Ehlers is my favourite player on the team but he has done the team no favours in the playoffs and it really looks like he can't skate tonight, in retrospect maybe a healthier player might of been a better choice tonight

Is it too early to start a thread about jets players in the WHC? Although I don't see who would get an invite based on this game.

Oh Captain my Captain, lead the team

We'll still be able to follow him on his app

Reffing is even worse then i thought watching this. My god. The team didn't show up but this has been some of the worse reffing i have seen so far this post season

The younger guys hate wheeler because he's made the room an old boys club

I mean, what's there to cheer for? There hasn't been a glimmer of good in the Jets game today.
Fans should be mad. This is simply unacceptable given the talent on this roster.
Something is broken and seriously wrong.

I guess we live in a generation where we need to direct blame at another group or person instead of taking blame ourselves. The Jets suck this game! There is no passion and zero urgency. They are lacking leadership and our best line (not just this game too) is the TLC line. You expect us to go deep in the playoffs playing like THIS and if we don't you want to blame the refs?? Wow

I'll vote with my dollar, it's all I can do. They cant control the officials doing what they do to us in the playoffs but they sure as hell can control who is behind the bench.

What's the difference if he can or can't skate, he did nothing in the previous 5 games!

Good. Overrated. We will get more for him then he is actually worth.

Dropping in to ask if anyone seen the Jets team? Oh, and fire Maurice please. With this roster he thinks ELL will work eventually. This is a ****ing discrace. Abomination. Seeing this makes me want to shave my face with a shotgun.

chevy is very good at diagnosing this team... he is aware of every thing.
expect a major shakeup in the offseason if they jets lose this game

My sincerest hope is that we do not come back in this game. It's only a 3 goal deficit, not safe at all, but I don't want our guys to win games this way. I'd rather them spending the summer promising to themselves that they don't ever get lazy again than to half-ass their way to a respectable outcome. Jets are a top 3 team on paper but they only live up to it when they feel like it.

Page number: 38

From the first game of the season our underlying metrics were subpar. This did not change the entire season. No sufficient changes were made for the entire season to address it. I was already fuming mad late last October.

I can write it with capital letters so you will not need a microscope to see the solution: GET FECKIN RID OF MAURICE!!!

Much has to align but stranger things have happened.

Refs aren't costing the Jets the game but to just give Buff a penalty there when StL player grabbed his stick is just wrong.

Blues fans are probably just loving it right now
mean while Jets fans just hope for a shot on net

I'm not necessarily talking about radical roster moves. I'm talking about accountability and game day preparations etc. The team half assed it most of the year and this is where it cones back to bite you. The coaching staff whoever it may be better not be tolerating anything less then an honest effort and adherence to the system.

As long as we have the same leadership, this mentality will NEVER be part of this team. Wheeler has never had a killer instinct and never will

This team needs a major shake-up. Obviously something has spoiled.

Hellebucyk's psychologist should be our next head coach.

Jets fans were always eager to oversell him on the trade forums. I'd obviously wish we could resign him. It will be a big hole.

I want Chevy and Maurice gone they have had enough time.

The Jets are a lot like me right now; sipping a soothing decaf and waiting quietly for the third

If there is a modicum of pride in that room......there cannot be another period like that 2nd.

Haha like you know anything.

20 minutes to go. Can the Jets pull off a reverse comeback like St. Louis did on Thursday? I sure hope so.

We get it, you hate Wheeler. Do we really need 15 posts saying the exact same thing. He's gonna need a restraining order against you for crying out loud.

If I was a Blues fan I'd like my chances.
But I'm not.
GJG

Honestly, I think Tortorella would have been a great coach for this team. He would hold players accountable if that's the issue and would be tearing this team a new ******* in this position right now.

Every player needs a copy of "The Secret" in the locker on clean-out day.

This will be the real miracle on this weekend

They better wake the **** up for the third and play with some desperation.

It's quite possible that Maurice took this team as far as it could go last year, the team has regressed by a fair bit this year, I don't know what is going on in the room and really nobody on here does either, but there is something not cool about this team this year.

Chevy stays Maurice gets the cut if anything

Good riddance then.
Wheeler is exactly what you want in an NHL captain.
This goes way beyond one player

Page number: 39

Maybe they'll finally use Hayes on Little's wing. For his last period as a Jet.

I forgot St Laurent is the ref. That accounts for some of it. However no sense *****ing about it; its the same every play-off season. Toronto may well beat Boston on a goalie interference call.

Yea time to fire Maurice

Why Chevy? What you expect a Cup every few years? Oh wait.... you're a spoiled Pens fan.

i guess the entire teams needs to watch the secret on dvd

You guys will feel silly when Perreault and Hayes leads us to an improbable comeback.

No he isn't
But he is a good player

Whatever they do, don't get a lead. Tie it up and wait until the last minute or OT for the winner.

I guess we'll see you in October 2024 then!

I am sad. Why Jets make sad?

Lots of quitters here but
We still have time to fight

Until there's zero time left
I cheer
Go Go
Go Go
Go Go

St Louis or Vegas against Columbus in the SCF. Doesn't that sound exciting.

I'm tired of people like you assuming officiating has no impact on the game and that everything works out even in the end and everyone gets a medal.
Read the post, the blues are out playing us out skating us and kicking our ass coaching wise, it was still a one goal game. Now because of inept officiating the game is a 2 goal game difference. Get off your high horse open your eyes and maybe look around. The world isnt always centered on a moral compass.

Please god no

I'm aboard the criticize the coaching and game plan tonight, but with all the supposed talent on this roster, how do they allow their asses to get handed to them like this?
It's inexcusable for anyone who wants to bother trying.
Paper tigers.

Yeah I can't really fault Chevy, this is basically the same roster that made it to the 3rd round last year

Go jets go!!!!
Come on boys! Give us a goal!!!

Uninspiring.
Had a feeling all their talk was just all that, just talk. I think everyone knew their spirit broke long before this game started.

Well, I haven't given up. I also have plenty of gin.

Something stinks in the locker room and they need to get it sorted out during the off season.

We have enough holes to fill on this team, hopefully some gives us a fifth or better pick for this useless nimrod!

I would trust Cassie to inspire this team in the intermission more than Maurice.

This BS that Chevy had nothing to work with the start of Jets 2.0 is the myth that is laughable:
Buff, Hainsey, Bogosian still all top pairing D men
Wheeler, Little, Kane, Ladd all still in the league
7 #1 picks

It'd be nice to see the smile wiped off Schenn's face tonight; cmon boys make it happen!

He's the only player on this team that can lead by example, fight for his teammates and has league wide respect.
No one brings what he does. Not scheifele, not buff
Malkin literally said to the media, "I fought him because I respect wheeler"
That is EXTREMELY telling.
Blake ****ING wheeler is NOT the reason we're losing

Page number: 40

I don't know if anyone should be surprised that the NHL head office wants the Maple Leafs to go far, and that the Jets are not getting the calls. We're small potatoes folks. That 2-0 goal really stunk all the way.
Like Ron Mac Lean said the Saskatchewan kids are killing us. Local yokels Steen and Edmunson have been good too.
But the biggest thing I am seeing is Benny can't handle top 4 minutes. A lot of people wondered if he could early in the year, and often, and right now we are seeing all the evidence. Sadly we'll never know if Beaulieu could have done more, or Niku, because they never got a chance. And I like Benny, but this is not his series.
I think you almost have to run Morrissey-Trouba, Myers and Buff for most of the 3rd to have any chance. Somebody has to step up. Unfortunately Scheif and Wheeler are getting outworked badly by O'Reilly and Tarasenko. Credit to the Blues they look well coached, well disciplined. But they are the same position we were in 2 nights ago, so you can't give up yet.

Columbus would be a very cool story!
Heck even the Blues too

Better than Dallas vs Carolina!

What has Chevy done in his term here nothing he's had enough time to get the team to the next level.

Why is the Leafs game a "special presentation?" Every playoff game is on TV.

That's a rating's winner, but then again not to many people would watch if the Jets made it to the Cup in the States or Canada for that matter.

They have trailed since 23 seconds in the game. Not sure if they quit or if they ever showed up.

Yeh there ain't a soul outside of Helly that doesn't deserve blame for this one.

I haven't given up, but I'm embarrassed by how they've played so far .
Hope they are too.

For the record if they actually stick with the 1 SOG for the period then they are blatantly lying. It was very obvious from the overhead that Buff tipped Wheeler's floater and Binnington saved it.

Leafs good, everyone else bad

Chiarot has never been a top-4 player. If this series shows management that, then that's a silver lining.

Enough with these ridiculous conspiracy theories, who gives a rats ass that we aren't getting calls. How does that change the fact the Jets have played their worst game this season when they should be playing their best?

Maybe the coach laid a fart backstage?

He used to be good this year he's sucked, he is a lazy plater now!

First 5 minutes in the 3rd will decide this game

Boys need to come out with a Ric Flair like unapologetic self confidence

Helly has been unreal. Im having trouble thinking of a second honorable mention.

Few people were alive last time leafs lead a series.

My guess on SCF is Islanders VS Vegas.
Trotz kisses the cup two years in a row.

Fart or perverted fart?
More than 1 shot on net in the third will be an accomplishment

I mean, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it. Mo and staff are the ones that have done nothing but play him over his head.

A record-breaking season after all.

Isn't this a repeat of the Anaheim series, where the Ducks lead the games for a minuscule amount compared to the Jets, but the Jets still lost because of blown leads late in games?
Seems we're back to 2015 instead of 2018.

Give it to Copp, Lowry, Tanev

Page number: 41

I guess we'll have to name another street after Trotzy then

That team worked a lot harder, just had no depth.

At this rate a fart in the third will be an accomplishment

Ok look, 55 and 26 still together .

Shocker

I think we may have looked better in 2015 honestly.

He isn't the reason we are winning either

Look at banner, Michael!

Getting beaten to EVERY puck

my brain says change the channel my heart still saying go jets go

Anyone at the viewing party in the arena? Can't imagine the atmosphere is too enjoyable right now.

Sure seems like the shelf life on Mo ran out earlier this year. But THIS effort is on the players. Inexcusable and embarrassing. Six shots. My god

2 shots in the first 3 minutes progress

Chairot shoots - no Jet anywhere near Binni

I agree with him. Wheeler controls the room with Mau as a hands-off coach. This lack of determination falls directly on his shoulders.

perreault on top line? looks like jets are officially desperate

Tide has turned...
WE GOT A SHOT ON GOAL

Probably a mixture of both.
Here's hoping for an eventful offseason

Just saw the shots are 29-6. Hmm.

We're twice as good as the second period already!!

My heart says the Jets will still win, my brain knows Maurice is in charge.

RIP roslo's big contract

Blatant too many men to cut off Laine. How is that not called? The guy jumping on and the guy coming off both check the guy with the puck. Good lord.

Lets go boys.

2 goals

You can do it!

We got a St Laurent ref, don't forget...

It needs to be printed onto a board and hung in the locker room next season.
This team needs the hard love approach now, no more coddling.

Page number: 42

Oh, look Ehlers is playing again!

Some signs of life. Need to get someone into Pinningtons grill

Time will tell....

GWG winner incoming

Ha. Someone informed the Jets you can't score without shots on goal

Or goaltending in the playoffs, Helly/Pavs was brutal against the Ducks!

This team has short-term amnesia regarding how to play successfully. We're back to perimeter shots with no screens.

They said Laine was a game time decision whether he could play today, anyone know what is ailing him?

That team had determination but was short on elite talent and depth.

The whole team was a GTD lol

See you next season

That is all on Chariot and that nice pinch

Great job boys. 26/55 hey guys

Oh well, next year.

Excuse me, but I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings and expect a professional sports team to play through adversity and grind out a well deserved win. Hell at this point I'd be happy with at at least an attempt. I don't accept my son or daughter to make excuses with poor officiating when they play hockey, baseball or soccer and I sure as $&"@ don't give them kudos (or participation ribbon) for $hitty play! If you want something you work for it.
Your right, St"Louis is outplaying us and we are getting out coached! Reffing is far from the reason we are losing!

Brilliant pinch by Chariot...

just score 1 goal that's all i ask for so i can say we scored

Ah crap.

Well deserved Blues.
Jets, why don't you come check out my new shotgun behind the barn?

Thanks for this year guys.

Start your engines....

Saskatchewan guy with the hattie, Chevy only drafts US born players with no heart or guts!

where the **** was sheifle skating too?

Top line giving up another od man rush. Talk about coming home to roost.

Page number: 43

Poor Helly tonight. Garbage effort. As they say in Edmonton "œthere's something in the water"

Darryl Sutter time

Oh farts

That goals on Schiefele for losing yet another faceoff

Maurice planning his post game press conference - 'can I still tell them I like our game if we get beat by a touchdown?'

Scheifele on the side of the net covering no one

Scheif was waiting for a pass so he could tap it into the open net? Where the hell was he going?

I don't want to be negative but I'm starting to get a little worried about this season. Sorry if I'm being negative.

Empty space again...

The fat lady is singing, and I don't mean the Blues anthem singer

Goodbye Maurice!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out loser!

Embarrassing effort.

Lucky bounce...

They better not come back with Mo next year

There would surely be a fair amount of Canadian who would watch the Jets in the playoffs. Any Canadian team really, for that matter. In the US, not so much.

The "œnever-split-scheif-Wheeler" tactic from Maurice has never looked more stupid.
You cannot help wondering why he is so attached to that combo, when he is so well known for his blender approach. Maybe they have "œVeto'ed him backstage". It is really curious

Happy summer vacation Jets! The guys truly deserve a longer vacation. Maurice deserves even a permanent vacation!

I dont even know what to say. This team has left me speechless.

The post mortem tonight is not going to be for the weak at heart.

Good night, back to bed. The last Jet please turn off the lights.

They will.
It will be a short leash though.

Look at the guys now.... what do you think happens when you choose not to show up or try.
My god. Garbage hockey team

This team has the mental fortitude of a paper mache umbrella in the rain.

I get it that only one team can win the series, I just didn't want to go down like this. Not like this. Not with this roster.

Buff has been a joke. What a pathetic effort.

Page number: 44

ROR killed Schiefele in this series.
Berube won the series when he moved Schenn off that line to take the matchup against Lowry and shelter ROR from Lowry.

Those looks on the bench say it all. Defeat.

Just made the horrifying discovery.....that there is not enough gin, in the entire world.

ESW!

The only teams that would draw coast to coast big numbers are the Leafs and Canadiens, Jets hardly move the needle

Its time for a little re-organization. Even if you like this coaching staff......its still time.

No but it's part of it. I never said it was the sole reason. In fact I really think coaching is the biggest reason for our struggles all year.

They must have a 'pee tape' on him

Don't worry the 2 Mo defenders might actually show!

Yeh you gotta think so. This is a near worse case scenario for Mo. But he's made his bed though.

Humiliating. Pathetic. Sad. Maurice can't possibly survive this, can he?

A suggestion for the Jets in the off season Core Trainning.

Buff/Chariot has resembled Alphonse/Gaston

Maybe not....I hope they're ok!

10 shots. Lol. Now there's the team we watched since December!

i wanna see a perreault hayes ehlers line just for ****s and giggles

We can hope. But I don't expect us to be so lucky

Maurice has even openly admitted the above. He is a hands off coach who relies on his vets to provide advice, coaching and leadership to the team.
This is one huge reason for our struggles this year.
With the emotional momentum of last year everyone was hungry and very little motivation was needed in the room. However, after tasting success, there was far less hunger and desire in the room this year. Mo needed to change his style this season to motivate, lead, and ensure accountability. It was critical. Mo abdicated leadership and proudly admitted it. I've stated it numerous times on these boards this year.
A coach MUST provide leadership. He cannot rely solely on the players to perform this vital function.

Team only .500 since Christmas, don't know why anyone is surprised by the result!

Maurice seems to be the tardigrade of NHL coaches.

Yeah, I don't dispute the popularity of two of the original six. However don't count out what other Canadian teams could also accomplish in terms of viewership by making the SCF.

Reason to keep watching = Buf might crush someone

....or stomach

I don't see the jets firing Maurice

Thinking of the positives. Hopefully we've seen the last game Ben Chiarot will play in a Winnipeg Jets Jersey. All I got right now.

Page number: 45

No way!! Wow! A PP

The Winnipeg press will continue to let him off the hook. They will probably all dine with him tonight (if they are not watching his dog while he is on away ice)
Probably only an intern would ask a critical question

Cheveldayoff is a Saskatchewan guy.
He's done well in his later years here, not so good initially

I didn't say anyone was Sip

How can you blame Scheifele when it's obvious he never even got on the plane?

Last chance to score here

You don't think Chevy wants to keep his job?

Randorf is as shocked as everyone else that we got a PP

The writing on the wall was when they had that close door meeting and Jets showed up with a 3rd period collapse next game.
Laine was pretty much your best forward all series (maybe he is injured the last 2 games). But if he cant be the go to guy for your team.
Yahhh Maurice man.
If Maurice is fired he signs long term.
If not he signs bridge.

to lose a close game is one thing...but to lose like this? smh

Perreault...drawing the penalties...leading the comeback...

I can handle losing but this level of effort in a elimination is absolutely pathetic and inexcusable.
How in the f*** do you only manage 6 shots in two periods.
How in the f*** do you go all year and never split up Scheif and Wheeler.
Ah... who cares. The Jets certainly don't.

go jets go

Penalty called! St Laurent must be unbiased!

Blues wanted it way more. And that is scary for our future IMO

Absolutely nothing like going out with a whimper.

The only reasons why he'd survive are blind loyalty (and I've heard Chipman talk about how proud he is to have only fired two coaches in 20+ years running pro hockey teams) or that all the top candidates have already taken jobs.
Someone to keep in mind too is Pascal Vincent. Maurice could also be re-assigned within the organization,

Great, a PP. Gives our stars a chance to catch their breath out on the ice.

Myers too!

Even if we lose, I really don't want to get shut out.

I just don't see the org firing him. Lets say
I'll be surprised if they do

Hey, at least we agree on that lol

Pivotal offseason coming up. I don't see the team in its current configuration (ie. Maurice and same roster) being anything more than a bubble team next season.

After this humiliating effort? He better be fired. And Chevy has to get rid of whatever cancer is in the dressing room.

Page number: 46

This game makes me regret ever defending this team at all this year.
I have no problem losing, it's not a prerequisite, but not this effort.
Sad.

Disappointing but not surprising. The most surprising thing about this series is that the Jets actually looked like their old selves for a while. That blown lead the other day though just gutted them. They were defeated before they stepped on the ice tonight.

He can and he will. Rather than doing the smart thing and cleaning house in the offseason, Chevy and Chipman will wait until a lost season to dump PoMo

Same old tired PP

Game in hand, safe to call a make it look like unbiased reffing call now!

I swear, Burmistrov is playing in Ehlers sweater

These guys are a disgrace! No heart or will. Big changes are in order. PMO is not the cause of this total collapse.. Nothing much you can do if they're not willing to put in any effort. Top to bottom disgrace!
There has got to be some sort of descension in the ranks. Did someone sleep with someone's girlfriend??

3rd day leftover chicken dinner!

Lol our power play...simply fitting end.

Leaving Myers on the PP is ridiculous.

I would have to agree here. Something needs to change.

At least the PP has lived up to tonight's overall standard.

Burmi at least hit!

Hayes it's been nice, you are good player but are pillow soft we got enough of those, good luck

Well, sayonara Trouba, Myers, Kulikov and Perreault.

Then I hope you like cheering for bubble teams.

To be honest, my expectations were pretty low coming out of the regular season, considering the rollercoaster of effort we saw all season. Those expectations were prophetic in Games 1-2, but then after Games 3-4 my optimism started to rise a little. But Games 5 and 6 are back to our norm.

Wheels failed us.

Hayes...waste of a 1st and Lemieux

Maurice is a dear in the headlights. 'Who havent i tries with Sceif and Wheels this season. Kulikov?'

Kept the game on and hoped to at least see some heart and battle down the stretch. But nothing so far.

The only way the Jets could have won this series is by winning a home game, and they couldn't do that, and with 15 seconds to go in the last game , they saw the series end. They said all the right things but you could tell they just didn't believe it themselves.

Would it kill them to get possession of the puck on the PP?

Maurice, Tanev......

I don't disagree
I just don't see the jets org firing him. We def need a coach to take us to the next level. Too much talent on this team

Page number: 47

Maurice is the cancer.
It is obvious he is a hands off coach who abdicates leadership in the dressing room to the vets.Whenever this happens it is just a matter of time before something begins to rot in the dressing room.

I think if anyone of our big names gets traded, it might be Ehlers based solely on his playoff production.

Maurice literally made one adjustment this entire series. Easy to get outcoached when you don't coach. Schiefele and Wheeler aren't good enough for the blind faith he has in them, they haven't justified it for a very long time.

I don't mind that if the right moves are made. New captain, new coach and complete a few trades (Centre, RHD). Maybe collect a few extra picks this draft and next

I had Blues in 4.....so not too angry right now. This team folded long ago.

At the very least there's going to be decent turnover on D, Trouba is probably traded, maybe Kulilov too, and Myers isn't going to be re-signed.

The only thing worse than this pathetic effort is the gloating that will come from TML fans.

Talent is nice. Unless it doesn't show up

I don't think Chevy will be trading for a rental next year if he even has a chance

Thank God for Helle tonight.

Gretzky always killing the Jets...

This kind of performance in this circumstance and with how the 2019 year has gone is certainly enough to fire a coaching staff. This can't happen with this talent. Youth is showing tonight as well. This is a very tough lesson for Scheif, Connor, Ehlers, Laine, etc.

It pains me, had high hopes for him.

dont forget Chiarot

Why hit people anymore? Every time we hit anyone the play gets stopped for no reason! The new nhl is a ****fest of what it used to be.

Expectations for next season have essentially cratered. Could be ugly.

Listening to the jets pre game, its like they expected to walk in and win
Wrong attitude.
Blues came to play

What I wouldn't give to be in on the exit interviews with Chevy.
I'd most likely find that much more exciting that this season.

Oxymoron
Ehlers-production

What a way to end a awful season and playoff run.
Fire Maurice now.

Exactly

I mentioned to my fantasy league as a joke in the early second, "over/under 15 shots" hoping for a pushback. Now I feel like a sad panda

Wheeler should be stripped of the C. The issue is 55 is just as bad. 44 maybe? Obviously nothing will happen this is a country club organization..... just interesting how the bench looked defeated and done when it was 2-0. Where the heck is the leadership. Nobody looks to be saying a word on the bench

Our captain cannot even handle a pass on his ****ing tape.
Yawn.

Jets could really use Stone here

Page number: 48

He has kept the embarrassment.... from becoming an embarrassment

Maurice will be gone if we're not 6-4 or better after the first 10

Yeah. Should make next season easier to deal with though!

Give Tanev the C.
**** it.

Well at least Chipman wont have to hire extra bean counters for playoff revenue.

I know his team choked historically, but I'd be down to put Cooper behind the bench. Anyone is better than Maurice at this point (other than Pascal Vincent)

Am I mistaken that Scheifele/Wheeler have not been split up for more than maybe 1 game this season? Every time I watch the Jets they are out there and significantly worse than last year 5 on 5.

go jets go

You might be 100% right with all these claims. I have no way of knowing though.
Here's what I do know"¦
The Jets took a nose dive in nearly every possible meaningful measure this year. Their third period collapses alone are reason enough to fire Maurice. So u don't even need to go into all this psychoanalysis of what might or might not be happening in the dressing room.
You just have to look at the Winnipeg Jets' record and the gross way they have underperformed this entire season. This final performance tonight is actually somehow fitting"¦ Like the turd in the proverbial punch bowl. Caps it off nicely.

So I have been asking for months. What is Winnipeg Jets hockey this season? This team has no identity this year.

You are not.
We have a very, very stubborn coach.

Blues are a good team. Don't want to diminish them, the jets didn't ****ing show up

Yes this place would be miserable if we couldn't all jump on the Leafs bandwagon.

What do the Jet's have here :
1) Wheeler turning 33 yrs old-5yr deal @ $ 8 mil ???

2) Little--same--aging and no impact here-starting a $5 million contract

The Jet's are going to need a major shakeup !!! they have "no will" to win.

Yep I'm in the same boat. Really disheartening.

Kulikov buyout might be best option. Saves us $2.89 mil cap space next year, costs us $1.44 mil cap space in 20-21.

I thought 5. Thought we might fluke out one.

I'm not typically a whiskey man but I've decided to make a toast to the Jets' season.
This may be an interesting off-season.

If our players had any modicum of pride, they should be skating their hardest right now.
Don't see it, though.

Do we make the playoffs next year?

The ghost of Jacques Plante in a cyborg's body couldn't stop this game from being an embarrassment

I'll repeat what I said after we lost game 2 with zero effort and many were annoyed with me...
/series

Blues a feel good story
Jets a sad story

But why can't we just get rid of him now? Why do we have to wait until we dig ourselves into a hole next season

Hell, I have been toasting it for 2 and a half hours now...

It would make the game a hell of a lot more entertaining though

Not watching the game
Just checking the score board now
It's not over but I'm resigned to next year

Page number: 49

Pomo do us a favor their last shift can you please break up shief and wheeler just to troll us?

I agree. Need a fresh face behind the bench to run training camp.

We will have to see what happens in the off season but I doubt it. We have been a .500 team wins and losses, below playoff line team, since mid Dec.

Why Vincent?
Seriously
What would he bring?

Well holy ****

Buff

Let the trolling begin by the looks of it here....................

Hahahahaha no shutout

Well at least we wrecked the shut out

Nice. I liked that goal

Hayes totally redeeming Chevy here.

At least we aren't shutout.

nice i got my 1 goal

Chevy better be busy at that draft getting us a first round pick back. Shake this core up a bit. We have some solid pieces but need to make some changes.

Nice Buff! (thanks commentators )

Never have I been this unexcited by a Jets goal.

Well... 100 games at 4 hours a piece (including preseason and post game coverage). That adds up to only 400 hours of my life wasted... Maybe next year.

Well not shut out at least.

Two Jets in front, shot through. Terrible rebound. Someone cleans it up.
The formula is so easy with Binni.

Should of bet your savings on it to prove how smart you are.

Big deal.

Lmao cop on the first line now! Haha who is running the bingo machine?

A goal!
HF boards inspirational techniques are working!

Maurice is saved! 1 goal = another year behind the bench

Losing Myers and Chiarot is an immeasurably high net positive, I agree.

Jets goal took about 3 or 4 seconds after entry, for the record.

So now we have Ehlers/Perreault/Copp/Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Anyone else want to go on that line?

I said other than Vincent, meaning he's the only hire that might be worse than Maurice

Page number: 50

If you really think it's a waste then maybe you could you know.....not watch.

If they get one fluke goal then there's a chance ,)

Oh fak
Reading comprehension fail

Just pepper Binnington as much as possible now and hope for a miracle

Say what you will, but Vincent has done wonders for the Moose

Byfuglien?

You may be right about this. But what could be the rationale? He's had four full seasons plus part of another one. It's the first round exit and the nature of it that is troubling. It's the nature of the whole season.

Lowry saying look at me. I am the real captain

Carlyle and Yeo may also be worse lol

I'm glad they got one.

I think I'm ready for a new approach behind the bench

Damn league told the jets game started at 6;30 pacific.

No no, my post was kind of confusing. Pascal is Noel minus the incredible interviews. I wish we would have gone for Coach Q but I honestly think Cooper would be a good fit

55 minutes is a long time to set up the opposition

Oh god, you're right.

Me too, my bad

Buff and Helle are our best guys on the ice -nothing from anyone else. This game should be like 6-0 right now.

Agree he likely would

Yes. To talented not to but not disciplined enough to build on it

Laine had a shift with them too.

Damn alcohol

Hellebucyk should try to get a shot on Binnington, he's done everything else tonight.

I would like to see them answer that question because I agree with you haha

Team didn't show up in Game 2, blew a 3rd period lead in Game 5 and didn't show up for first 55min of Game 6.

As bad as we have been. 3 posts? I mean need to work harder if you want bounces but still

Tastes great!

Page number: 51

If we make the playoffs with Maurice behind the bench, I think we're screwed. With anybody else? A glimmer of hope.

Let's get one more and make.this interesting

Blues know how to play with a lead.

This is Buffs worst game and that's saying a lot!

Need a quick one.

A little more fiery than Cooper please. A five alarm fire, wait what? I"m supposed to put that out?

Will relieve the stress

What's wrong with this picture?

Ehlers going full ******

Jets brought back Burmistrov - number 27

Yeah
2 beers and a vino done

Nice move 55, back out of the way and let the guy have unobstructed path to the net.

Yup

Which makes one a saavy hockey fan?

Getting harder and harder to defend Ehlers and chalk it up to youth.
****ing useless when it matters most.

At this point I'd settle for overtime.

Small thing but I think it shows what kind of control Maurice has over his players, Ehlers should not of played tonight you can tell he's hobbled out there and is just ineffective.

So hayes who has been pretty decent this period has an assist and prob been our best player cost us a 1st and Lemieux cant get off the 4rh line.

Between Trouba and little Buff it was pathetic!

The Blues had a horrible start to the season, made changes and have competed the entire season to get to this point.
It seem the Jets came into this season a little full of themselves from last season's success, and though they could cheat and coast for most of the games, and become loose defensively for some reason.

Stupid Wheeler penalty final nail in coffin.

Good job wheeler. NO IQ

Captain goes down in flames

What perfect end to this season 26.

What's most disappointing to me is the lack of a "œswitch" at the coaching level.
I'd hoped - and expected - some new ideas for PP1 in the post-season, to fix what had been a hot mess since January. Nope: same overrated Wheeler at QB, same stale ideas for zone entry & chance generation, same lousy result.
Total failure of leadership - both on and off the ice. Both regular season and playoffs.
I am not going to waste a single second - nor a single penny - on this team until big changes are made to it's on- and off-ice leadership.

Page number: 52

What a loser

You forgot that they blew a lead in the third period in game one as well. But your overall point about fundamental incompetence and not being ready to play is well taken and made effectively.

Wheeler makes sure we don't move on

Oh Captain, my captain!

You end the season in the box. You feel shame.

A fitting end to a team that is unfortunately over rated.

An apt denouement

Does the captain get the honour of making the season's last stupid play, or do we have even more in store?

The Captain putting a punctuation mark, on this crap show....

Jesus. I hope Scheifele at least takes a penalty so the boys can finish the year in the box together holding hands.

Perfect by the over played capt. Awesome.

Nothing
Closed at 9
Last load at 8
Unless there's something else?

I don't even mind the penalty, the game was over anyways without it

That's what I call some FECKING LEADERSHIP!!!

I wonder if #FireMaurice can get trending on Twitter.

Our season ending on that is sooo symbolic of the way things have gone the last few months....

Wheels can get a head start on slipping on the track suit...

Glad my jersey is fake lol

That's what happens when you believe you are an elite passer who doesn't need to skate. He's oblivious

Wheeler ends his season in the box.

Haha nope, try again.

We have more.

You Pos

Jesus Christ St. Laurent.
That whistle should get him fired.

Hey bros I know it sucks. Cheers from up North. The Peg will be back.

Page number: 53

Oh come on ref you ****head

Thanks for comin out boys

Lmao about that officiating...

Lol the redundant comments of SN... "œit's the right call, he's bleeding out his eye"... there's 2 minutes left in the game you morons. Whether its 2 minutes, 4 minutes or 10... who cares...

Dammit
Thought I had ya

Go Jets Go

Yuck

St' Laurent is such a ***** ref cant even count or know the situation on the ice

Glad Blues fans got their money's worth.
Jets sure haven't.

post of the year

I must of missed that...

Oh sure now you *******s try

Little

Jets trolling us hard

See you all next season.

Little

man F this what a tease now they want to score pfff

Too little too late.

Lol at Jets.

That should seriously get him fired. There's lots of competent people who want to be NHL refs.

There will be 30 teams' fans tweeting #keepmaurice.

****ers can't try until there's one minute left

Perreault shows up finally!

Hey it's a goal!

There was a second off that clock after the whistle.

No acceptions

Man, would sure like some of that 55 minutes back

Yay! False hope!

Page number: 54

Of course it'll be the blown challenge costing us the season

Another shorty for the tie would be too much to ask ..........would it

That was some incredible leadership from Blake Wheeler. What a total loser.

All that effort and Buff coughs the puck up immediately in the zone.

Do not put 55 on the last 30 sec.

Why can't we try like that in the 1st period

You obviously haven't seen him ref before. He should have been fired long ago

Man they should have started the game like this.

Maybe Wheeler is the problem.

Call a timeout... wait...

go jets go

Exciting finish at least

St Louis is playing a prevent d

This team is so ****ing frustrating

Oh **** if that rebound had been 10cm to the left this would be tied!

Jets fans' motto for 2019.

Wheeler takes a penalty trying to beat a guy, stupid.

Eh, at least the last bit of the game has been entertaining

Maurice is the weakest link on this team I said it last year after he got schooled by Gallant against Vegas. I have been saying it all year. We won't win with the coach that never wins. I wish we would but we wont. Wasted the potential of this team this year. Hopefully not next year.

well, that's all she wrote

To bad we gave them a 55 minute headstart

What a...forgettable...season

Maurice finally makes adjustment not to have scheifele take faceoff with 30 seconds left in the season. Lol

Laine fabulous rush. Where was that all game?

Jets should just play with no goalie for all of next season. 6 on 5 and if we get a penalty 5 on 5. That'll make them work.

Well done Captain.

The score definitely flattered the Jets.

Page number: 55

How do you feel about your challenge, Paul?

Right you are!

Didnt deserve it. A lot of questions to asked and issues to addressed this off-season.

And separates Scheifele and Wheeler. Oh wait...

I'd like to book a tee time, but somewhere nice a warm with them umbrella drinks

I hate sports net

you were robbed by the refs

Wow 3-2 final could of gone either way. This team will win next year.

Coached out of him pretty effectively.

At least he got it in the zone, more than a lot of our guys can say

Out of town fans, will look at that score and think this was some kind of titanic battle

The Blues are probably evidence of how much a coaching change can impact a team.

He wasn't skating. Like usual

Well

I cant say good job boys
Good season.

Lots of ifs and buts.

What you going to do Chevy and Chipman?

Great pass from Perrault on Little goal.
Sweet irony that Perrault was best forward all game.
How you like him now?
Have a nice summer all.
Go Bombers!!!!

Lol

Nice push

That was a game breaker sorry. The Jets weren't playing well, but Buff was buzzing. How there was no penalty on St. Louis on that play is hard to fathom. Then that was the most clear cut case of goalie interference I have seen all playoffs, and everyone misses it. The NHL is a business, there is a reason why the Cup hasn't gone to Canada since 1993. That's not THE reason why we lost but it is one of them.

Would have been funny to
Tie it up, only to remember Blues would have a 3 min PP to start OT because of our captain

My only positive I can take from this, is my gf not giving me s"”- for watching too much Jets. I'm done with the PO's, see you folks around.
GoJetsGo

The coach challenge and that second goal hurts even more now. Not that we deserved it at all. Dont get me wrong

Look who scored our goals. We need to assign the C and A's to some players who give a damn. The minute I heard PoMo say some players don't need to be coached, I knew there would be a problem in the room. Need wholesale changes in leadership and coaching staff, too many mistakes this season.

No "œAcceptions". Should be no exceptions.

can i get 1 more like before i sign off for the summer LOL i know hahaha
go jets go

Page number: 56

Goose egg Ehlers. Don't worry everyone....Maurice's job is secure. We will see him back for next year making the same mistakes.

Feels so empty, season is over

Beat ya to it
Go back a page or two

That team needs to learn that it's not gonna win unless it puts out for the entire playoffs like it did for the last 2:00. Yes it's hard. Yes it takes effort and it will hurt. But you're not gonna win on talent alone.
We saw glimpses all year and a few times this series. It comes down to how hard they want it. They didn't. Is it Maurice's job to get it out of them? It it Chevy's job to find guys that will crawl over their dead mother to win a hockey game? Do these guys have it in them? If not, then what? Lots of questions to be answered.

No Canadian-based team strong enough to win 16 playoff games. Is that the reason?

Did Hayes suit up tonight?
Could have used Lemieux tonight.

Maybe the fear of having Helle call him out. Get what you give.

I hate Sports net as well--give me Sara Orlesky in her sexy black leather jacket on TSN anyday !!!

Yes it surely is

go jets go

That was a great series between two very close teams could have easily went the other way. You guys are a classy fan base. If anyone knows what your feeling its a Blues fan. Thanks for a great series

Ehlers MIA. Noticed Laine on that last second rush. Too many passengers.

This offseason will be interesting. That'll tide me over until October.

Good news is there is still playoff hockey to watch, even if we aren't playing it.

Maurice should have never "wasted" a challenge on the Blues first goal. He should use those only on obvious Goalie Interference. He would have saved one, and the Blue's 2nd Goal would have been overturned.

Very bad call Maurice.

We were outplayed though--the better team won --the more determined and more desperate team won it.

JETS DID NOT SHOW UP FOR THIS GAME -"ONE SHOT" IN THE 2ND PERIOD -VERY BAD !!

"From the opening face-off it was an uphill climb." wtf Wheeler? He must be in shock. "I felt whoever won this game was going to win the series.". Chalk it up to shock

Well have a great off season/summer everyone.
Be safe and let's start anew next year.

I know it's only speculation but honestly that makes the most sense. The Trouba situation, it's always seemed like Buff/Laine have never gotten along... I always felt like that Kane/Buff situation was not a good sign for things to come. Here's the ****tiest part. We go from having 3 good RD to Trouba potentially getting traded, Myers walking and Buff slowing down (potentially being a problem in the room?).

Seriously...We know that feel. You guys will be back with Laine torching us soon enough.

Good games, Jets! Hell of a series, and I really believe it could have gone either way.
You got some serious talent on that team, and you will for a quite a few years.
Cheers!

It's too late for Mau to take the room back. I love the guy as a guy. Really smart, but once you give up that authority, it's gone.
I used to manage large groups of people and quite a few had more experience than I did, but those were the ones most in danger of getting fired. "Their way" was "better" than my way, so they weren't doing what I and my bosses (via me) asked them to do. If you can't get your people to do things your way, you're not a leader.
If at the end of the day, you can't say you did everything possible to win, you didn't do your job.

What year did Bettman first hand out the Cup? That was the last time there was a Stanley Cup won by a Canadian team.

Trade Ehlers for picks. Can't deliver when it matters and only very infrequently when it doesn't matter.

Tuning out till maybe SCF. Garbage!

Yeah, it was a good series, and it really could have gone either way. You guys have a stud in Binnington - he's the real deal. If he keeps playing the way he has been up to now, you'll go far.

Page number: 57

the jets didn't show up, STL was superior. not much else needs to be said

Actually, we had another shot by Wheeler in the second, not that it made much difference. Stupid attempt to beat a guy, lose the puck and take a 4:00 high sticking penalty. Scheifele backs away to allow that third goal, too much floating. And PoMo picks on Copp in postgame to say he didn't do some things right. Please give your head a shake and put the responsibility on the first line which was another no show this game.

"Also, I really hope it isn't true that Scheifele and Wheeler refused to be split up or be moved across the lineup - that would be incredibly disappointing"
If that's true, they are selfesh and do not deserve to wear the C and A!

Yup, Mario could have been really helpful, if he was in his prime.

I heard the players were divided on how much to tip the servers when they went out for team dinners. Am I doing this right?

Yeah, but it feels still so empty that the Jets are out.
I guess I will be rooting for Colorado, now that the Jets are out, as it seems like Carolina doesn't have a chance anyway. MacKinnon and Rantanen are so much fun to watch. Absolute monsters both of them.
I wouldn't also mind if Dallas or Columbus would go all the way, as they both have been playing good and inspired hockey in the playoffs so far.
But Goddammit! Who am I trying to fool? Feels so Goddamn empty and like the whole season was wasted.
FFS if the Jets don't now finally get rid of the disaster called Paul Maurice, I'm going to be really pissed off and frustrated.
Oh, and have a nice summer y'all! Hoping for better tides next season!

In an elimination game, Using the challenge on the goal which was first shot of the game 15 seconds in when the goalie indeed got bumped was absolutely the right thing to 10/10 times. Needing it more later is hindsight, who would have thought the refs would miss something that obvious.
If that first goal gets over turned , does the momentum change immediately and cause a different game?
Regardless , we were outplayed all game and credit to St Louis needs to be given

Holy **** they gave us Laurent for an elimination game? Maybe the conspiracy theorists are on to something.

I didn't think that first Goalie interference call by Maurice was warranted. I didn't think it was interference at all. I do agree that St.Louis deserves credit for a hard fought game, and they deserved to win.

I'm all in on the Islanders.

*should have

I don't like hockey anymore. I was having so much fun watching the other games in between Jets games. Hockey for the sake of hockey. Now even that's no fun. I have a whole room full of dryland training gear I can't even look like.
Do these guys just hate us and our city? They put our logo on and won't fight for us. I'd like to see big changes.

"No acceptions"

I already told everyone that a number of Jets already booked tee times at St Andrews for today after game 5. Some earn $70,000/game and so they could care less if they show up or not.

Wouldn't surprise me if Copp wants out as long as Maurice is coach. I bet he and Trouba have had some doozie coaching discussions.

Trotz coached Islander team looking beasty, I think they have a great shot at coming out of the East.

This. Maurice didn't do nearly enough to help this team.

It was a good challenge and Helle was interfered with.
The only way that call gets changed ... if it was scored on Binnington.

That's interference!
When he hits Helle ... Helle comes off the post and that's when the puck goes between Helle and the post. Pictures don't lie.

Re: FTP: WCQF Game 6 Jets 04/20/2019 (GDT)

LOL, for a franchise who's only claim to playoff success is one trip to the Conference finals and a couple playoff rounds, they are funny calling the Blues 'chokers'. They choke worse damnit!

"This team has playoff experience and their backs are against the wall; this isn't a Calgary that hasn't won a round in 4 years, this is a god damned Cup favorite for Chist's sake. This is some amateur bull**** here.
And this is the damned Blues. The team that chokes in the playoffs (or the last day of the regular season) year in and year out.
They better god damned win this game tonight.
"

:lol:
"Do Only Good Everyday"