FTP: 4/9/15 Chicago at STL: Pinch Hitting for stlblues1226

Hey there, I've recently started frequenting this board though you may or may not have seen me over at Blues Talk. I took up the FTP there after stlblues1226 stopped doing them there. Since he's having some issues on his end, I'm here to copy the one I did on Blues Talk. Enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another win, another FTP of Hawks fans crying and trying to cling onto their superiority complex.

Everything came from http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1871813

My comments will be THIS COLOR

--------------------------
PREGAME
--------------------------
Versteeg on the top line, Sharp on the wrong side where he's been ineffective every time it's been attempted.
Amazing.

Blues jerseys look awful with the royal blue and navy blue together.

----------------------------
FIRST PERIOD
----------------------------

Seabs saved a goal.

Rundblad should have been waived...

Rundblad still think he is part of Blues organization?

We're outhitting the Blues 7-4.

I'm liking this Baun Kid.

Rundblad with another turnover
Blindly throws puck that Bickell had no chance at

Crawford is the only one who seems playoff ready. That's scary. - He has played quite well the last two games...

Ott is such a punk.

What BS
How is that not a penalty shot?

If we come out without a SHG against, it's a win.

<Class Sass>

Classy fans in St Louis

Seabs in pain, classy fans cheering, shocker.

Brent Seabrook is a warrior.
And Versteeg is still terrible.

Kris. Versteeg.
Q is a genius. Keep on playing him in every conceivable situation Q.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Versteeg will get suspended.

PP does nothing.
Seabrook laboring.
Versteeg stupid penalty.
lovely

Classless St Louis

Great move by our top liner versteeg! What a dumb ****

Classy crowd tonight, eh?

Seabrook goes down.. Blues fans cheer... Wow.. You guys are terrible people.

Troy Murray laying into Verbeauty and deservedly so

From the view I saw it looked like he was trying to hit shoulder and it rode up his arm, not sure honestly

And Blues fans wonder why everybody hates them.

The Oshie chance is everything that is wrong with stick checking as only defense.
Keith flashes into the area with his stick, peels of and Oshie is in point blank.
My God, throw a shoulder into his chest would ya!!!!! Guys fishing for the puck coming across the middle...GEEZ.

I don't know if versteeg is just trying to do much out that or what. He doesn't even have to be good, he just has to stop hurting the team by playing bad

Or, you know, he was just never good outside one short stretch of unsustainably high shooting percentage. There's also that possibility. -reply to above

A group of Blues fans are making fun of the fact that Seabrook was hurt and that Backes cross-checked a guy's neck.
Classy bunch.

Can't expect much from people out of St Louis. - reply to above

</Class Sass>

For all his faults as a manager of the cap, Dale Tallon has a history of fleecing teams on trades.
He fleeced the Hawks in the Versteeg trade. Getting Versteeg of his roster for a measly 50% of his salary was like mana from heaven.

The thing that has stuck out to me about Baun is he skates very well for his size. I can see him being a useful bottom 6 player next year.

Seabs warrioring it up.

The pace of this game is nauseatingly slow.

Hossa's look of incomprehension and disgust at Versteeg was priceless.
Keep sabotaging that top line Q. You're a genius.

------------------------------
SECOND PERIOD
------------------------------

Didn't look as bad as the disgust on Keith's face after Rundblad gave Wild tap in goal and prevented Keith from covering his man
Only a matter of time until #2 and rest of D demand Bowman dump the non NHL talent #5 - reply to above

Man, I wish we could deny power plays...

The Hawks don't deserve to win any more games with this useless powerplay. Get powerplay after powerplay after powerplay and can't do anything with them. It's ****ing terrible.

I am having a hard time imagining us scoring a goal. Allen is having a joke of an easy night

I am getting used to the Hawks not scoring. I do not care for this.

Just get out all the stupids now, boys

I hate when the Hawks try and play stupid like the Blues.

PK already getting better chances than our PP.

Rather have 11 out there on the PK than Toews, hurt or not. Same goes for Vermette.

Agree with Eddie, Desjardins is having a great game.

Cycle dies on Versteeg's stick. Sure as the sun rises in the East.

Sharp mugged, no call.

:!: it, Hawks to the PK. Bladder to the box for at least four.

is this the game of stupid penalties

Dude is on the ground for a 'high' stick.
Whatever.
The real issue was the defensive cluster**** preceding that led to about 15 shots against.

Gross.

What a disaster
1-0 Blues ,, Bowman mistake on roster continues to kill this team

Loss incoming.

Insurmountable 1 goal lead

Versteeg is a disaster with the puck.

The Hawks should try this new thing called scoring goals. I heard it's pretty fun.

Taking unscreened shots from above the circles is even more fun. - reply to above

I'm already sick of St. Louis.

God we need Kane back

sadly enough 1 goal is enough. this team isn't scoring

Twenty minutes to be +1. Technically not impossible.... oh wait, it's the Hawks offense we're talking about.
At least the Flames are up 2-0.

Sick of seeing Runbad run out of position for no reason. last 2 GA are direct cause of him.

This game has been a snoozefest.

This is by far the worst offensive team we've had since Q took over.
Plus our PP is an absolute joke. We better play shutdown hockey come Playoffs. Sigh...

Why waste minutes on Rundblad... Why hasn't Paliotta played at all.. Or Johns.. Or Pokka...Rundblad turns pucks over.. Loses board battles all day long... Really frustrating to watch... He's worse than Barker ever was.

Both these teams are generating little sustained offense. It's 1-0 and they converted on a 4min PP. Give it a rest. This is what hockey has become. Scoring is down league wide and we don't have a good PP, so it's not really a surprise our overall scoring is down.

Q sucks. Versteeg sucks. Team can't score. Q sucks. Versteeg sucks. Team can't score. Rundblad sucks. Roszival sucks. Q sucks. Versteeg sucks. Team can't score.
Q gonna Q. Country Club Q. Versteeg sucks. Team can't score. Rundblad... Roszi... Team... Q... Country club. - I think he's upset.

There's no way we don't have better defenseman than Rozi and Rundblad in the system or on the market.

Q moves up Sharp in the final shift, but he puts him on the RIGHT wing, and keeps Versteeg up there on the left.
Just trolling now, Q.

Honest question:
For a supposedly defensively minded coach, what more does Versteeg have to do to get scratched?
Like does he have to accidentally hit one of Q's kids with his car?

--------------------------------------------
THIRD PERIOD/POST GAME
--------------------------------------------

"A doozy" "Intensity" What game are these guys watching?

It's hard to play nice when people want to make EVERYTHING a Q issue. Root for the 90s Red Wings, that's the only time you'll see a better coach.

So do we start Darling in Colorado? We're not winning the division or getting home ice in all likelihood.

Hawks shorthanded over 6 minutes in the 2nd period, when your not scoring goals you cannot win that way.

I can't fathom what this fanbase will be like when the golden age of Hawks hockey is over.

Were you not a Hawks fan before 2007? - reply to above

99 but i didn't realize people could ***** about a team that's been so good for so long until i came to HF.
And if you want positives. Q has put Bicks back with Toews and Hossa and they are working, just like he always does this time of year.
Then he will reunite Keith and Seabrook and... you won't believe it.... it'll work just like it always does. - reply to reply above

Can we trade Bickell now? I can't wait for summer.

Is there a more ineffective player than 80?

Don't see a high stick by a goalie very often....

2 goals for in last 8 periods

Nobody on this team can make or complete a simple pass.

Man, I don't get the Hawks. It's almost like we're getting ready for a sport where the point of the game is to have as low of a score as.... ooooooooh....

Hawks with some good offense shorthanded tonite, seems like the most in a long time.

I love how right when you hear "Looking for a goal", you see an extra, needless pass when a shot on net would have been fine.
Story of the season.

:!: it, if this keeps up, it'll be another wasted good goaltender effort by Crow.

Missing our 2C, 1RW, 4C and 5D and everyone acts like it's shocking we can't score.

Meh, that's game.

If Hawks get dominated in the first round, wonder if anything happens to Q. Probably not.

If Hawks win the cup, wonder if a bronze statue of Q holding his nuts is erected outside the UC with the plaque "HF cares too much about regular season games". -reply to above

Maybe the Hawks should keep trying making stretch passes to players standing still on the opposing blue-line.
It's been such an effective strategy so far tonight. Definitely wouldn't want to try moving through the neutral zone as a unit and provide each other with multiple outlets.

Baun throwing his weight around.

Given the systemic, underperformance of so many players and what Stan gave up to try and get this team through Kane's injury, I can't imagine Q's seat doesn't finally, rightfully heat up.

<Condescending douche-canoes>

The "Crawford" chant? Really?

Blues fans should chant "we want the 2nd round." Baby steps, guys.

Seriously! The only Cup they're getting near are the ones they're wearing. - reply to above

lmfao we want the cup chants
good luck with that St. Louis

</Condescending douche-canoes>

lol, garbage time goal.

Shaw! No shutout yipee!

Blues fans chanting "we want the cup". Hilarious. Get out of the first round one time, please. - I guess if you knew what hockey was before a couple years ago, you might know that we have done so multiple times. Fairweather fan.

Corey Crawford has been fantastic, but our offense has been abysmal. Absolutely no excuses for the lack of production.
That said, I hate the Blues.

Hawks need a point against Colorado or a Minnesota loss to avoid a wild card spot.

Wild winning 4-2.
Hawks need to win in Colorado for an ideal matchup, if they lose, then it's a worst-case scenario.
No pressure. We'll see if it registers on their 'give-o-**** meter' or of the country-club atmosphere continues.

Oh well. We'll beat the Avs on Saturday.

Why 57 minutes of :!: and 3 minutes of intensity?

Gosh Oduya is struggling lately. Looked so out of it vs Blues.
And the Hawks have got to find a rhythm offensively and score a few goals. Gotta get out of the first round.

They'll lose to the Avs too with the amount of production they are getting. Avs will get theirs offensively. The Hawks aren't getting theirs. I think it'll have to be the Wild with a loss or the Hawks to the wild card.
The amount of offense this team is producing is down right embarrassing, Kane or no Kane.

Only way they're getting if is the rest of the teams in the playoffs all decided to disappear in thin air. It will be glorious to see the Boo-Hoos wet the bed again in the playoffs. -reply about "we want the cup" chant comment

We deserve being a Wild Card team at best, yet this roster/organization should be at the top of the West quite frankly.

Embarrassing that we have better chances on the PK than the PP. Wouldn't hurt to get set up and at least generate some momentum.

Vermette has been brutal. Its pretty sad when a guy like Desjardins has outplayed him greatly.

scoring 3 goals in 3 games is not a concern for this team according to toews. hopefully it will be one when they are booking tee times in a few weeks because they can't score enough to win

I give the Hawks about a 20% chance of getting out of the first round with no Kane. A team with this offense isn't going to beat many teams 4 games out of 7. If Kane returns I bump it up to 40%. He is going to be rusty, and to be honest this team just doesn't look like it has a run in them. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but just being honest I don't see it. Way too many holes

So the questions are...will Colorado beat the Hawks...yes of course...will Minn beat STL...of course because STL does not expect Arizona to beat ANH so they figure better to rest guys and ease up in the last game against Minn since they have #1 I'm the Central locked in..So Hawks will of course drop to #7 and play these 2-1 snoozer losers with STL anyway..and so total Q fail..
No home ice anytime ...but since they will go out in 4 straight to STL and the dram of Kane back will never happen in time before going out..well the ALL IN was really ALL OUT..STL will also get an offense pump from Steen and TERASENKO back for the playoffs...while we get Brad Richards back in..hardly a fair trade-off...So get the golf clubs out early...The Blender has no answers...there is no switch to flip..a goal ...a goal ...my kingdom for a goal..the pathetic mess of offense known as the Chicago Blackhawks will Pretend for the Cup..but the reality is that the guns are silent. .no ammo..and cannot shoot straight anyway..Q keeps losing close chess matches with Hitch and both should be banned from the NHL for snoozing us to death with no artistry hockey..If you want to see that and goal scoring watch Rockford who keep scoring in bunches now...OR on the NHL watch the amazing Senators and remind yourself that the object is to get the puck into the net with actual talent ...not play snooze hockey and wait for a few breaks.. -There, there....everything will be okay...let the tears out. Just let it flow.

with the way this team is playing you actually think they are going to make a deep run?

Yes. Do people really not think they can make a deep run? All those playoff tested teams: Nashville, St Louis, Minnesota, Winnipeg.
Has everyone forgotten what ****ing team you cheer for?
Kane back, Richards back, Timonen back, Defense is #2 in the NHL. You seen the lineup when Kane is back in? It's ABSURD.
Look at the bigger picture folks. -reply to above

Deep breathes people. The real season starts next week. If they play game 1 vs whomever with the same intensity that they have the last few, then I'll be concerned.

They absolutely have the talent to make a run.
Does their immediate recent performance suggest they're playing up to their talent? No.
Has this team ever followed the model of 'flipping the switch' on command? No. Generally their playoff success has mirrored their regular season success.
Plus, winning in the playoffs is hard. They could play great and still lose to Nashville, St Louis, Minnesota or Winnipeg, because all those teams are great too.
They might go on a run. I hope they do. But it's time to stop acting like it's absurd to question if they will. They haven't earned that level of faith with their play in 2015.

we've been waiting for them to turn it on and get going since the start of 2015. It really hasn't happened yet. I hope they prove us wrong and are hoisting the cup again but the effort level and intensity just doesn't seem to be there. It's gut check time for the hawks. Either bring it come game 1 or just start booking tee times now.

Were losing by like one goal. I get the offensive frustration, but chill out people.

To all of you despondent souls... what game do you think Kane returns for, or are you projecting the Hawks eliminated before that happens?

If Kane is back game 3 the Hawks can lose both game 1 and 2 on the road and I'd still feel fine. You aren't in trouble in the playoffs until you lose at home.

This is a 2nd round exit team with Kane. Without him they'll struggle to get out of the 1st regardless of who they get.

I'm undecided. Can't decide if I'd rather play St. Louis who has shoddy goaltending not capable of stealing a series, or Nashville who is a more beatable team but has stronger goaltending. -You know nothing of Jake the Snake
--------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. Apologies for any typos or if you don't like bad words. Stayed up too late playing Resident Evil, and now I need to find more coffee to keep the fog at bay....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting to transition more to this board these days, seems to be much much better. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Re: FTP: 4/9/15 Chicago at STL: Pinch Hitting for stlblues12

UMSLBlues12 wrote:My understanding was the chant was "Seabrook sucks," because he fell on the ice. Which I find hilarious personally. Hawks fans talking about class after some of the shit that was said last season though is funny.
That and much more....trust me. We started in on Seabrook and Shaw before the game even started.

A dull rusty skate blade across a vital area would not be good enough in my opinion.

We were begging for more.

Criticize me if you wish, but for all the arrogance these BH fans have, let me bring up the oft overlooked fact that they had not a won cup prior to 2010 since 1961....7 years prior to the Blues existence.

Can't wait till some PC group figures out that their uni should be considered just as offensive as the Redskins.

Yeah, I HATE the Blackhawks. Give me some more of that Suckit .gif

Re: FTP: 4/9/15 Chicago at STL: Pinch Hitting for stlblues12

rudy4u51 wrote:Am I the only one who would love to beat these fuckers in the 1st round? Could happen if the Wild take 3rd on Saturday. It would be so nice to sweep them out of the playoffs.
Oh yes would it.

This is a "different" Blues team. This stretch without Steen and Tarasenko proves that. I detected NO PANIC except from fans.

Looking at the Wild, Jets, and even the Flames, one could make the argument that besides Crawford and the potential return of Kane this could be a better matchup. Only their prior experience(s) mighty given these other teams pause to face the Hawks.

That being said, how does Vancouver get SO lucky to matchup with Calgary.

The core has been forged in the past three years and the new and young talent infusion doesnt care about the past.

I think it is the other teams that should be thinking "there is no way we want to get the Blues in the first round".