FTP: Blues @ Devils 03/30/2019

First Blues win after clinching a playoff spot!

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... g.2627673/

Page number: 1

At least this season is over soon?

Hischier and Palms definitely need to be better tonight. They got pinned in against Detroit far too often.

I think its the first time I ever felt like Nico was checked out.

I really, really, really hope they get a win. Go team!

Do you bet the Blues to win because they always beat us? Or do you bet the Devils because the Blues just made the playoffs and probably had some fun last night celebrating it in NYC, and our players may be fired up to avenge yesterday's shutout by winning at home tonight?

I hope we don't lose

Lol at Schneids and Cangy

Fan Appreciation day at the rock. 40% merch excluding jersey at Devils den.

lol 40% off merch cause they've probably marked it up even more this year than in previous years when it was 30% off. Haven't even looked in the team store in forever.

So Steve Cangialosi is doing the Red Bull's game right now. Does that mean he isn't doing the Devils game tonight, or is he actually doing the Red Bull's game remotely?

you bet on the team you personally don't want to win. so hypothetically, if you want the devils to win, you bet on the blues

SO then what you're saying is if I want the Devils to win tonight I should wear my Brodeur Blues jersey to the game? Got it!

Seems like they do most of the away games remotely. Usually they have some panel at half which will make it obvious if they are.

I know he's done European soccer games from a studio before.

I am definitely rooting for a win ... of some sort

I just want some Nico points

$5 on the Devils

i heard daneyko is going to scream his OHHHHHHHHH's from a sound stage in burbank tonight

I think it'll be a lot more Ohhhh Boy sighs than screams tonight.

Even if you add Bratt and Hall back into the lineup there is just a glaring hole for the second line. They have Bratt to be a second line wing but they lack a 2C and another second line wing. Hopefully something materializes in the offseason

Yup they had raised player t-shirts to almost $40 earlier this year. Absolutely ridiculous. I'll probably go see what the prices are with this sale but I don't plan on buying anything anyway. Spent enough on this awful team already this season.

Gods just let it end.

Did they clone Cangi? On boy...

Page number: 2

You're not locking the thread already, are you?

Santini has been playing like 18+ minutes lately and even has a 20 minute game in there.
Hope they don't really like him now.
He sucks and he's an idiot. Waive this stupid ass next year.
BUST.

Who's Mueller?

Nico!?!?

Wtf Nico. Should of buried that

Gotta love how Allen is one of the worst goalies there is, yet we never fail to score on him.
We even killed Anders Nilsson a couple times this year, but never this AWFUL, AWFUL player.

With how much I've complimented Santini's shot (the only compliment), that was an easy save even for Jake Allen.

Vince Dunn sounds like the name of a country singer.

Jake Allen is one of the greatest up and coming young goalies in the league. Conte passed on him for Jacob Josefson.
If St. Loser uses him in the playoffs they will have a big run.

Good to see you back DD! Where's your avatar?
Good god, this thread is boring.

This thread is literally just Bleed talking to himself.
HFdevils has peaked.

LMAO

Hey Rick, what do you think about tonight's game?
''I have to take a big and heavy **** and I don't know''

Chico looks bored

Maybe he should log onto his HF account and post in this GDT?

aw schucks

This man to man D is ****ing atrocious

Carrick is so ****ing soft. Done with this guy.

There was an actual GTD from years back (5+ years now I think) on the Wild board where the entire GDT from start to finish was one person talking to themself. It's HF legend.

How didn't that go in?

Almost Zacha

Is Pavel Zacha the most snake bitten devil ever?

I don't understand why a few people are so impressed with him.
It's not that he's bad, it's just that he's a bottom pairing guy with no more of a ceiling than that and we have enough of his kind going forward.
He's no big loss if we move on. If we keep him and make no upgrades, I'll be annoyed.
He came back as a body/contract to take back for Lovejoy. That's it. He's 24 and he's already been on 4 teams. He's about as expendable as David Warsofsky. He's even more of a journeyman defenseman than Jonathan Bernier is a goaltender. And he's not even 25 yet.
I'm not saying he's not better than David Warsofsky, just that he's as expendable as Warsofsky.

Wow what a save!

Page number: 3

Cangi is sorting it out!

I think Mcleod was reading the advertisements on the boards when Corey bailed him out.

I wonder if we see Davies in the NHL this year?

He would be eligible for the expansion draft in that case.

The Florida game legitimately should just be Bleed talking to himself. I might have to threadban everyone else to make it a reality.

That save puts to bed whether Cory can still make those sprawling saves or not if you remember the injury he suffered.

Shero loves him some 5'11 180 lb Dmen.

I am not sure that is important consideration right now...I am not sure we'll have 3 that need protecting.

Actually played pretty well this period.

Sure seems that way, we really need to draft a couple big D men in this upcoming draft. Now back to the intermission.

I was just thinking how this board is a ghost town the last few weeks. Between suspensions and the horribad team I guess it makes sense.

And the bad takes still find us.

Yes. A couple of giant grenade handlers will fix us right up.

How many of us are 30+ and/or bogged down with kids?

Severson is 6'2 205....not exactly a grenade handler

Just has a grenade for a brain at times

I meant to post about this earlier, but was preoccupied.
Every game we leave this guy up is just doing him worse and worse and worse and worse.
He's not anywhere near ready for the NHL Not even in this evaluation period. He's bad right now. I think we've seen enough of him in the last month or 5-6 weeks to deduce that we don't need to see more of him in the NHL until he gets a lot more reps in over in Binghamton.

I wonder if that goaltender on the Devils mobile tour is better than Keith Kinkaid? We'll have to ask Dano, he says he's shot on him before.

Definitely better than Yann Danis

Then they better be good.
No need for more Santini's or Helgeson's, or guys who can't play.

I completely agree. But I think they are going to continue to force it with him. I also think they are going to give him a real shot to make the team next season. And he is nowhere close to that.

I dont think the Severson criticism is fair. He really has some great tools and when you do, you take some chances. I think he does a lot more positive than his admitted brain farts.

Stafford!

Zacha points

Points for Zacha

Page number: 4

Stafford pots another for his ''Last goal ever in the NHL'' tour.

That was going in the first time LOL.

Zacha points

Stafford goal! More importantly Zacha point.

The day Zacha realizes he is big and strong is the day he starts an 80 point season.

Seriously Zacha plays better with scrubs rather than top 6 talent. Keep him in the bottom 6.

Stafford is the only one consistently finishing Zacha's feeds
Sign Stafford 5 years, 40 million

LOL...dumb fans doing "hey you suck" chant.

His decision making in his own zone is sometimes suspect. I do question how much this system is making it worse though.

Yes certainly they need to be good...we can't have a bunch of midgets on our blueline.

If they are talented we can.

soak it in and 'enjoy' the last days of stafford

sarge's number has had enough **** attached to it

cant wait to declare good riddance

I miss the old jerseys.
I'm guessing the stripes at the bottom aren't coming back

MMMMM....a subway roast beef flavored sandwich
Cuz they don't put any meat on that thing

Not a shot in hell Erika eats Subway sandwiches.

Subway commercial are annoying as hell

Subway continues to close more stores then they open.

Love Zacha's shot

Subway treats its franchisees like garbage

Hey we suck

I'm so excited with how he's played much of this season, especially since the injury. Hopefully it's all starting to click for him

It will nice having Elias around for him..I honestly believe that will make a difference.
I wonder if this is already the effects...not sure how long Patty has been around

I thought Patty was overseas coaching in the Czech Republic....

I hope so. I'll never forget how good Pavel looked the one game he was able to play with Patty at the end of the 2015-16 season. Looked like he was having so much fun

Page number: 5

I think that he was working with the juniors over Christmas and he has been here more often...but I am not sure.

Assuming we don't draft Hughes, they really need to just try Zacha with Hall for like 10 games next season.

Zacha-Kakko

if only Palms or Wood could've finished one last night, it wouldve been a 6 game point streak for Pav.

good grief

I understand the thought...I just don't think Hall and Zacha mesh well...I think Zacha needs to control the play a little more than playing with Hall would allow....but I am not positive on that.

Fire McLeod into the sun.
This is getting absurd at this point.

Not enough McLeod.

If we draft a center, I think that might actually happen

Carrick giving Bozak all the time in the world.

Nico with the flash and dash

Joey!!!!!!!

Joey!!

JOEY

Good for the kangaroo

Mr. Anderson!!!

I'm not writing him off for the future, but he really looks bad out there right now and just shouldn't be here anymore.
He's just not ready right now.

Santini gets a good pop on the announcement. They know he's our future #1 D

Suck it Santini haters. Great play by him.

Love that our fans sing Take On Me

Lots of fan sing-a-longs this year.
Weird year for it, but I like it.

Hope it continues when we don't suck

theyve always been annoying .....and that creepy jared puke
i never eat there

Is it me, or does it seem like Nico has run out of gas on the season?

Page number: 6

Pavel is growing right in front of our eyes

we need a "storm surge" equivalent

I'm 33 with two...

I was going to make about that but I knew it wouldn't go over well.

No kids, but I'm north of 30.

Joey seriously sounds exactly like Zach

Anderson looks like the love child of Zach Parise and Rocky Dennis

I know you're kidding, but **** off

Why do I feel like McLeod is going to score tonight?

Why do you say it like it's a bad thing?

Because I feel like he'll be kept up the rest of the year if he does, but he'll probably be kept up the rest of the year anyway.
I figured if he wasn't sent back after last night, he's probably here the remainder.

Santini looking like a modern day Bobby Orr the way he walked that line

There are like five games left.

''How many power play goals do you expect us to score? We scored 2 in one game last week! It was only 2 games ago!'' - Rick Kowalsky.

McLeod doesn't need smelling salts. He needs seasoning salt

I think he should have been sent back a week ago.
Not sure why he's still here. If he's supposed to be a prospect with a future, you would hope they would not keep him up in the NHL when he's shown he's not ready yet.

Rooney looking like Scott Gomez weaving through the neutral zone

Cam Jam is in the house!

Holy ****.
This has been an entertaining game at least.

LOL Cangy screaming like his house is on fire

Dano has a bad case of marble mouth tonight

Zacha looking like a beast out there tonight

I like Joey Anderson

God help this person

Page number: 7

That is better then a Columbus Kinkaid Jersey.

He's going to be a dandy middle 6 RW for us
We're not that far off. Knock the draft out of the park, make a trade, and we can do some damage

Gotta be a relative!

The 2016 draft could end up being really good for us. Even with McLeod being meh so far.

Precision.

Perhaps his dad moved with him when he signed in NJ but Yohann forgot to take him along to Edmonton

Allen is daring us to score with all these rebounds.

Nico a lot better then last night, but snake bitten

I am so underwhelmed by the entire western conference.

I will be SHOCKED if one of Boston, Washington, or Tampa don't win the cup. I think they're all head and shoulders above anyone in the west

What about San Jose? They have a top-8 goalie and one of the best head coaches in the NHL!

I agree.
If the Sharks had a goalie, they'd be a threat. Without one, they won't last.
It's definitely Tampa's to lose.

since when did you go PC man?

Great save Schneider

Maybe. I think the Caps might be closer then some thing. Rest of the east is nothing.

Goalie makes a glove, how is that possible?
But if that would have went in, it would have been some elite shot to credit the shooter over.

Sharks a round one exit right now.
Unless Subban is the goalie for Vegas or Fleury is playing injured.
If Fleury comes back and he's healthy, he'll punt Jones teeth down his throat and shut the Sharks down.

Santini is really good.
He takes that penalty because he can't get out of the D-zone.
****in bum.

Steve Santini...not a good player.

Raises hand. Mid 30s and 3 kids...

Chico trying hard to defend Santini there.

Binghamton could use more players like him.

I think Tim Peel called game 3 against the Panthers in 2012.

Zacha you sexy SOB

Why no call?

Page number: 8

Big point

This Blues PP sucks

If we hadn't cleared it as Santini was coming out of the box, it might have been even worse being 5 on 5 with him as one of the 5 than 5 on 4 without him.

Well, if their game tonight is any indication...

Give me another Nico OT winner please!!

Really need to get rid of Santini in the off season. Mistake after mistake, and a HUGE negative on the offensive side of the ice.

Miss bits of the games recently usually but catch the later parts in full. Kids asking about standings and i show em nothing has changed since January lol.
Having to answer "No Hall is not playing still" is draining... Since January also.

Cory has had a good game so far.

Also so weird the team game to play tonight after the no show last night.

Home game, i guess.

Miles Wood playing the puck back to Cory Schneider in 3-on-3 overtime might be my worst nightmare.

He was absolutely gassed.

If we get this cory next year we'll be okay

This finally opened up

Agreed. I'd like to think that this is the Cory we'll get going forward. Generally solid with some clunkers thrown in. League average.

"They plow the road for him"
Sometimes, I love Cangy

He hasn't had many clunkers. Especially considering how limited the roster has been

lyle odelein style

Country singer scores the game winner.

Such a worthless point. I'm genuinely ****ing pissed.

That was a brutal shift by Nico, Wood, and Butcher. Completely pathetic.

Bleh.
Happy Fan Appreciation Day

Stoppable goal on the OT winner on Cory.
If he would have tried a poke check, he might have had it.

Really bad. They were asking for that.

People think he's good, but it's because they think being a good defenseman means to play in your own zone and stand around and block shots.
He has no purpose really, other than to take punches.

Page number: 9

Im going to say it and it might not be popular but Butcher is overrated and slow (most of the time)

For the first time in my life, I'm actually looking forward to the end of the season.
This has been grueling.

I think we would have lost in the shootout anyway.
Their shooters are better than Arizona's.

They did play pretty well against a better team.

4 seconds left, i guess could be better than losing with the gimmick and watching cory play shoot out cory

lol what is butcher doing there?
Utterly useless defensively.

"Dunn Like Dinner"
nhl.com headline, book it
You can send me the money via paypal

They were gassed, but that was a bad final shift

Oh damn, Hall really is alive and has all his limbs.

They played fine. The ending is what's disgusting.
I'm so ready for this all to be over.

Kinda miss the old Nhl.com cheesy headlines.. So many good ones that i don't remember.

Well Dunn

They tried tonight, but blowing chunks the way they did in the OT, it's super frustrating this went past regulation.

Awful result. One of the worst OTs I've ever seen.

"Zajacing off".

btw, for those about to say "I misspelled Kowalski" in that meme? I know.
I am so apathetic right now, I don't care to correctly spell the last name of a useless coach.

Besides, he can go take a KoWALKski out the door.

Isn't he half of Brooks & Dunn?

That was actually Nico's man. Butcher had to leave his man and pick him up when he got by Nico.

Dunn could have been Hischier's man there. But all 3 guys were gassed.
We didn't play a bad OT. In my eyes anyway. We had our chances too. Sort of a typical OT.
And really didn't want that second point anyway. Though the sentiment is not appropriate on this thread.

Or a bad country cover band
Vince Dunn and the Milkin' Cows

They were all completely gassed too.

I've felt this way since the bye week or shortly thereafter.
Let's just say since early February I guess.
I was over the season by about April 1st or maybe last week of March in 2017. And maybe the last week by April 2016 and 2015. I think I was over it around the same time in 2014.
This is an all-time record for me. I watch all the games, but I'm happy to take this stupid season off life support in exactly one week's time.

you mean some country singer that sings "new country" crap that he doesent even write himself

That's probably what I'm thinking of.
There's also a popular Country singer by the first name of Vince, think he's the one that hangs out and goes to Preds games. Is it Vince Gill?
That's probably why it sounds like a Country singer.

Page number: 10

You sound bitter.

I feel like Zacha and Nico would be a great duo in OT. Nico Wood, I don't get it. Maybe even Zacha Wood in OT. They have been playing really well together all year. I just don't understand what the staff is thinking in OT. It's like, what are the worst possible mismatched combos, let's put them together.

Zacha and Wood have always played well together, which means the staff always tries to separate them when everyone's healthy.

The issue at the end wasn't a mismatch. It was they were gassed.

To be fair, he does have a point. The newer pop country stuff is complete trash.

yep,
**** music leaves a bitter taste in my ears

He was clothed... could be prosthetics.

Sorry, but I think ALL newer pop is complete trash, country or not.
Then again, *I'M* old and bitter.

Probably.
I don't listen to any of that ****, but I realize like the music we enjoy, genre names have been bastardized.
Good Charlotte is a punk band, Limp Biscuit Korn and Creed are metal bands and emo bands have pianos or sound like bubblegum pop acts. I'm sure it's the same thing there.

And AutoTune has infected EVERYTHING.

Okay, I'm going to admit a deep dark secret...I kind of liked Creed.
*ducks objects being thrown*

i remember them.....what was that hit they had?

with thighs wide open or something like that

I'm not saying the goal against was due to a mismatch, but I am saying no goal for certainly could be attributed to one.

Oh, I thought that was NHL.com. Oops.

Umm... When do you think pop wasn't trash? New Kids On the Block? Led Zeppelin? The Monkees?
Signed: someone who thinks pop is on par with what it's always been.

It's "wide oh-pahn"

Ya, Zeppelin was about the last time. I grew up in the 80s. The pop in that decade drove me to heavy metal.

If I was (I don't know? let's say 7 or 8 years younger?) maybe born 8 years later, I might have liked Creed at one point. Just because I probably listened to a lot of the equivalent of Creed from however many years earlier. So it's really not that embarrassing.
Outside of Alice In Chains (at least the couple records) Nirvana (pre-In Utero), Soundgarden (pre-Black Hole Sun album) and the first STP album, I was over most of the radio rock bands by about 13 or 14.

And the metal of that decade drove me to punk, techno, and hip hop.

GDT derailed into tunes talk.....nice
left banke walk away renee is an alltime great

Not worried about Zacha for next season as long as he stays healthy, and perhaps, gets a bit stronger, eventhough he's pretty strong already it looks like.
His play to end the season does not match his statsline from beginning, and that is a good sign.

The upward trend is encouraging.

Page number: 11

He needs to realize he is strong. He could bully his way into scoring areas more if he wanted.

Yep, concisely said.

He has the size and skill to be a dominant player. Hopefully he's gaining confidence and he'll play more and more like he realizes it.

That's another good point. Maybe get a bit more edge to his game, as he seems as nice as Patty... looking from the outside as a fan. Patty comparison not because he's Czech.....
I mean, he can play a gritty game, but h'e doesn't go bull in china shop too often. There were a few early in season (i think right after that AHL return) he made some moves on a half-break into the goal like no ones business but him on the puck.

He needs some swagger. He is stronger then he seems to think he is. More talented too.

His game is more cerebral than power with body right now, but the size is helping cause he's better on boards than before and he can muscle some guys around now. What i like now is the confidence he has when he HAS the puck or has a make a decision with the puck. He is more poised and wants the puck to make a play and is more often making the correct decision now, vs. earlier in season, last year.
Last year it looked like he was tentatively deciding what to do, but this year he wants to be the guy with that decision to make.
I think two seasons ago, I was ranting about him because he'd shy away from board play when the puck was there.

I think he has all the tools to be a proper top 6 player. He has to go out there and do it.
He is improving for sure but there is plenty of room to be even better.

Forget Patty. Hire Holik make him Zacha's personal coach. I want him to be a clone.

Even the voice? Love Bobby, somehow wish there were some more clones of him, that is very true...
I forget sometimes how awesome Holik was cause he kinda left our team during his prime... that last stint was more like a "nice to see you again" gig.

Ya, the voice was kind of shockingly high. McKay's too. It's almost like 2/3 of the crash line never hit puberty with their voices.

Didn't McKay have a really deep but quiet voice? Always sounded like he took a few too many pucks to the throat.
Holik sounded like Kermit the frog with a Czech accent.

Too bad I can't find any other videos, its like there's very few videos of any postgames from years bygone... Only 1 or 2 i can find..

Anyone remember Holik's comments after he lost his arbitration hearing? Things got really ugly.
I remember being conflicted. I respected him for being honest, but also thought he might have went a bit over the line.
At least he didn't try and sugarcoat things and pretend he didn't care about money, like too many phony players. Have to give him that. The guy basically said he was gonna become a free agent the next year and that Lou had his chance and he was insulted by both Lou's offer and the arbitration ruling.

Zacha is starting to take control of games. This is huge.

Anyway, sorry if this going off the rails for GDT...

Yeah, McKay's was scratchy, but I thought it was higher than expected too.

Man you've got a good memory. I pieced it all back together after reading your post. I was in college then and watching Trottier muck it up coaching, you are probably right on last point! Haha.
With MSG in my dorm room I was able watch all 3 local teams and I had way too much spare time. Back then to me it seemed that was supreme deal My roommate was an isles fan all pissed off at Yashin. Great times.

Didn't they JUST finish buying out Yashin like a year ago? Or am I totally remembering things wrong (which is very likely)?

I think it was back in like 2015 or 2016.

Re: FTP: Blues @ Devils 03/30/2019

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:18 pm Did I miss the sarcasm? Or is this poster off their rocker: "Jake Allen is one of the greatest up and coming young goalies in the league. Conte passed on him for Jacob Josefson.
If St. Loser uses him in the playoffs they will have a big run."
That's clearly someone who has zero clue what they're talking about that has some agenda against Conte. Similar to how we have idiots in our fanbase that obsess over fringe NHLers because... reasons?