Re: Cautiously optimistic

ratonmono wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:32 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:30 pm let's be honest - it really just depends on how many people are allowed to sit on petro.
That shit's like Highlander. There can be only one. And in this case it seems that Benn is playing the role of Duncan MacLeod.
evenin' ladies!

SpacemanSpiff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:33 pm Dallas doesn't scare me. Bishop gets hurt walking to the team bus.

I obviously don't care for Nashville or Winnipeg, and both of them have a lot to prove this year.
And both their barns will be buzzing hard during the playoffs. Both are more experienced and will know how to 'turn it on'. Will be up to the Berube and the playoff vets on the Blues to amp up the energy each shift, as a lot of players on this team are about to see what some intense hockey is really like for the first time in action.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:54 pm
SpacemanSpiff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:33 pm Dallas doesn't scare me. Bishop gets hurt walking to the team bus.

I obviously don't care for Nashville or Winnipeg, and both of them have a lot to prove this year.
And both their barns will be buzzing hard during the playoffs. Both are more experienced and will know how to 'turn it on'. Will be up to the Berube and the playoff vets on the Blues to amp up the energy each shift, as a lot of players on this team are about to see what some intense hockey is really like for the first time in action.
True, but the Blues have played well against some very good teams this year. They just need to stay within their structure and play their game.

SpacemanSpiff wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:09 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:54 pm

True, but the Blues have played well against some very good teams this year. They just need to stay within their structure and play their game.
No matter who we face, the Blues will have two choices: be 'happy' they made the playoffs and just put in a 'good effort', which will get them eliminated; OR they can go in still pissed and underdog and with something to prove and try to play every single playoff shift as if it is their last one. They do the latter, they will go far IMO.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

barcthespark wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:57 pm The teams that go on long runs in the playoffs do so because they are able to shift into a higher gear once the postseason begins. Do the Blues have a higher gear to shift into or is this their best?
I think they do. We've seen it vs many of the best teams, TB, VGK, Preds, etc.

Last night was cruise control in fourth gear. No games like that in the playoffs.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:27 am
barcthespark wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:57 pm The teams that go on long runs in the playoffs do so because they are able to shift into a higher gear once the postseason begins. Do the Blues have a higher gear to shift into or is this their best?
I think they do. We've seen it vs many of the best teams, TB, VGK, Preds, etc.

Last night was cruise control in fourth gear. No games like that in the playoffs.
True. Their play against the best teams is definitely encouraging.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 am
stlsportster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 am Now that the Blues are in, it doesn’t look real likely that they will catch Nashville.

But we should still make sure we finish ahead of Dallas. The magic number for that is 7.
I would sure like to see them take a run at the Sexual Predators.
Such a stupid fuck’n name. You’d think they’d come up with something connected with music. Worst name in hockey. Just horrible. Makes the Wild look good.

BillP. wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:26 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 am
stlsportster wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 am Now that the Blues are in, it doesn’t look real likely that they will catch Nashville.

But we should still make sure we finish ahead of Dallas. The magic number for that is 7.
I would sure like to see them take a run at the Sexual Predators.
Such a stupid fuck’n name. You’d think they’d come up with something connected with music. Worst name in hockey. Just horrible. Makes the Wild look good.
It's a cool story behind the name, but unfortunately if you're not into paleontology or from the Nashville area, you probably don't know it. Tennessee Tigers would have been better, but I guess there's too many 'Tiger' mascots out there already, especially in NCAA, although surprisingly none in the NHL.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I in no way am giving up on this team, it can be done, Bishop and Binner both showed they are God damn good goalies last night. This team is playing hurt, you can see it it in all facets of the game. ROR is definitely not the same man, Tank didn't throw a check worth a shit last night and apparently thinks his role is to stay on the goal line and score. Eddy a couple of games ago was awful but after a few days rest seemed to bounce back. I know every team this time of year has their crosses to bear injury wise, no excuses. This team has come too far to not win game 6, pride my friends pride.

History is not kind. The Hitchcock MO was to split the first 4 games, lose game 5 at home and lose game 6 on the road (vs. LA in 2013, vs. Chicago in 2014, vs. Minnesota in 2015 and vs. San Jose in 2016). Hopefully this team doesn't latch onto that tradition.

Between 2013 an 2017, they went 0-6 in game six on the road. The last five times they've made the playoffs (again, 2013-2017) they were eliminated in game 6 on the road.

I hate game 6 on the road.