Re: Other NHL Games & News

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:48 am So they're calling Jon Coopers contract signing in Tampa Bay a bargain? Is it really that hard to coach that team? Is he really a difference maker?
Remember when Mike Johnston coached the Penguins? How about the Adam Oates or Dale Hunter Caps years? Not saying those guys are all bad coaches, but a collection of great talent doesn't mean much without the right coach. They should lock Cooper up for as long as they can. If he doesn't win the Jack Adams this year they should just get rid of the award, and I say that knowing there are probably 3-4 candidates that would deserve to win this season. You don't put up 125-130 points without exceptional coaching.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:48 am So they're calling Jon Coopers contract signing in Tampa Bay a bargain? Is it really that hard to coach that team? Is he really a difference maker?
Oh, I think so. Of course the only way to find out for sure, would be to replace him with somebody else, and see what happens. He may be the best coach in the nhl. If not, he's at least in the top 2.

Tonight is the biggest game of the Eastern Conference wild card race. Columbus hosts Montreal as those two fight for the last wild card spot. The Jackets are 2 points back of the Habs with one game in hand. I'm still torn on this one. I want aggressive GMs to be rewarded, but I also like it when things go spectacularly bad for teams I don't particularly care about. Both teams are coming of big wins in their last games.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:42 pm Tage sent down to the AHL. Dude's -22 for the season. That's horrific. Looking like it was a great time to move on from him. Hopefully we can move Kostin this summer too. Bit too late to get anything for Walman or Schmaltz unfortunately.
I get Schmaltz, as he's had his cup of coffee a few times and made a mess every time but the very first couple games of the Blues/Wild playoff series two years ago. But Walman and Kostin? They haven't even had a shot at the NHL yet. I'd want to see what they have on a call up and get a few games in first before moving them. Besides, what are you going to get for them? The ONLY reason, IMHO, that Tage was able to be moved was because he had some NHL games under his belt, and you could see the potential. I still think Tage will be a good top 9 forward, but Kostin and Walman both need some time with the Blues IMHO before judging them as a bust.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:47 pm
ratonmono wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:42 pm Tage sent down to the AHL. Dude's -22 for the season. That's horrific. Looking like it was a great time to move on from him. Hopefully we can move Kostin this summer too. Bit too late to get anything for Walman or Schmaltz unfortunately.
I get Schmaltz, as he's had his cup of coffee a few times and made a mess every time but the very first couple games of the Blues/Wild playoff series two years ago. But Walman and Kostin? They haven't even had a shot at the NHL yet. I'd want to see what they have on a call up and get a few games in first before moving them. Besides, what are you going to get for them? The ONLY reason, IMHO, that Tage was able to be moved was because he had some NHL games under his belt, and you could see the potential. I still think Tage will be a good top 9 forward, but Kostin and Walman both need some time with the Blues IMHO before judging them as a bust.
Well from what I have seen of Walman and Kostin getting them up to the NHL would only hurt their value. :lol:

Look at Kostin’s stats this year in the AHL...I mean he could potentially turn things around. But considering this is the second year in that league for him, it’s not good at all.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:50 pm
Look at Kostin’s stats this year in the AHL...I mean he could potentially turn things around. But considering this is the second year in that league for him, it’s not good at all.
I've seen them; my belief is that stats in other leagues be damned, to a certain point. How many Junior League and AHL studs have failed in the NHL (Rattie/Jaskin/etc)? Some players take longer. Hell, even if Kostin gets to be as good as SunnyD, you could really say that we dominated the trade with Pitt. Loved Reaves, but to get two 15 goal scorers from the deal would be great. I just think he needs some real NHL time. Maybe he'll fail, but why not at least get the 1st rounder a shot next season. If he can be packaged and bring back a true top 6 forward, all good and no love lost, the pick was still used to improve the team. But it would be silly to let him waste in the AHL or bolt to Europe/Asia. Give him an off-season workout for areas he's challenged and then a real shot in pre-season/early season. Kid has the skill, just needs to be challenged is my opinion.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I didn't like that pick from day 1 and I'm thrilled stupid Buffalo took his sorry ass in that trade.

I'm still hopeful for Kostin. He's young.

insideout wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:49 pm So, WPG lost tonight. If we win tomorrow, we’ll be 2 points back of FIRST IN THE CENTRAL.

After everything that’s transpired this year, how insane is that?
I'm good with the Blues not playing Dallas in the postseason.
Ha right? Am I crazy for wanting to rather play Nashville? Just get home ice.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:02 am
insideout wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:49 pm So, WPG lost tonight. If we win tomorrow, we’ll be 2 points back of FIRST IN THE CENTRAL.

After everything that’s transpired this year, how insane is that?
I'm good with the Blues not playing Dallas in the postseason.
Ha right? Am I crazy for wanting to rather play Nashville? Just get home ice.
Yeah, the Blues certainly look more confident playing against Nashville than they do against Dallas. Bishop is having a hell of a year too, although he's day to day right now.

Dallas is looking good. Stinkin Roope Hintz is looking good - ha...........they play tenacious, I thought they looked good the first week of the season and now at the end of the year they really got it going. Don't want Dallas. Me want Nashville so we can take them out in 5.

BillP. wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:04 am
insideout wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:57 am Apologies if someone already posted this one, but good lord....

Saw that last night. Just crazy. McDavid probably can't do that in a video game but it's a piece of cake during an NHL game.
I've seen this move done a zillion times, but not with that kind of speed and precision. I can't wrap my head around how quick this guy is. It doesn't seem humanly possible, When I watch him play it looks like a doctored video in which he's in fast forward and everything else is in real time. On top of that he tucks it perfectly under the bar. Unreal.