Re: Other NHL Games & News

BillP. wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm Chelios was pretty incredible.
Absolutely. And imagine being damn near a foot taller than he was and still being able to maintain your body/game after 40 years old. Some of these guys are just marvels. I'm biased towards the big guys I'm pretty tall myself though several years younger than Chara and my knees ache just getting in and out of a mid sized car. Can't imagine playing pro hockey after 40 with that frame. Incredible.

stlsportster wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 pm Just saw that the Coyotes were shutout this afternoon vs NYI. It's not their 5th straight loss. That organization is allergic to success.
Damn, I was hoping they would step up and help push Dallas out of the picture.
I was rooting for them too. I want Clayton Keller to have some playoff experience under his belt when he signs with St Louis.

Pretty much a must win game for Columbus tonight vs Vancouver. 3 points out of the playoffs currently.
Just a Russian propaganda account

stlsportster wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:05 pm Haha Columbus!! They have a game in hand on Montreal, but man their fans over at HF boards are NOT happy.
The Jackets 2019 draft thread on HFboards is pretty funny..

"Check out guys ranked 75-90 to select your favorite"

:lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 am
stlsportster wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:05 pm Haha Columbus!! They have a game in hand on Montreal, but man their fans over at HF boards are NOT happy.
The Jackets 2019 draft thread on HFboards is pretty funny..

"Check out guys ranked 75-90 to select your favorite"

:lol:
Hahaha, that's outstanding. Jackets play the Habs on Thursday. That's a massive, massive game for Jarmo/Torts.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:01 am 8 years ago there was a fight every 2 games. Today it’s a fight every 5 games. Anyone remember the Domi sucker punch on Ekblad in preseason? Seems like Ek never did seek retribution. They were talking about how the code in todays NHL is dying.
so sad and ridiculous.

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:54 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:49 am
I almost feel bad for Sabre fans....almost. But as a Blues fan, all I can say is 'ha ha, you suck now and we don't' :)
I saw a joke on HFboards yesterday about how the ROR negotiations went down, it was something like:

Botterill: "Thomas and a first"
Army: "No"
Botterill: "Kyrou and a first"
Army: "No"
Botterill: "Okay, fine. The three worst players on your roster and a first"
Army: "Deal"

When you look at the Blues last year by some advanced metrics (GAR and WAR), the four worst players on the Blues were Berglund, Paajarvi, Thompson, and Sobotka. One of them got waived...the other three and a first got us ROR. Just a brutal trade from the Sabres POV.

The timing of getting rid of Thompson was so so so shrewd by Armstrong. Tage was still considered part of the vaunted "big four" here. He very well may develop into a useful offensive player, Lord knows he's shown flashes of it, but right now the Sabres need to absolutely nail the picks they acquired (one of which isn't for another 2 years).
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!