Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Edmonton - 7:00 - FSMW - Tues 3/19

ratonmono wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 pm Man that has to be demoralizing as an opposing player hearing the fans count to 7
Poor McJesus is going to have a bad case of PTSD by the time he leaves that shithole.
McDavid was held to one shot on goal, Nugent-Hopkins had one SOG, Draisaitl had 2.

The big story will of course be the Blues' 7 goals and Schwartz's hat trick, but the ROR line and Bouwmeester/Parayko pairing shuting down the McDavid line was a big part of the win, too.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:17 pm Moral of this game, the Oilers have A LOT of issues. I don’t know how they fix it but I hope it doesn’t involve Jack Hughes.
If they get him, he will be a good-great player and they still won't be able to make the playoffs consistently. That is one of the absolute worst constructed teams I have ever seen. They have only 3 legit NHL caliber forwards and their D has no one that should be getting more than 2nd pairing minutes on a good team, plus their goalies are just awful. Adding a Hughes or Kakko to that team is OK but won't be enough. I'd hate to see either guy wasted on going to that cesspool of an organization.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:41 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:03 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:29 pmI just checked and it looks like Grant's Farm isn't open for the season yet. Would spending a day at the zoo be too much of a project?
definitely going to be spending time at Forest Park too, and the Zoo is part of that trip :)
I love going to zoos (have visited 58 of them), but even I'd have a hard time stretching a visit to the STL Zoo into a full-day adventure. Tack on the Science Center and/or Art Museum and/or Missouri History Museum, and you've got yourself a full day of activities for just about any age.
wow! how have we never talked about this? that's awesome. what's your favorite? least favorite? coolest? best story?
bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm So, because I don't want to start my own thread, I'm not sure if I make it the whole game tonight. Have a 5:30 am flight with wife and girls tomorrow from Ft Myers to STL :)

Looking forward to some toasted ravioli, BBQ at Pappy's Smokehouse, Crown Candy, and a visit to the Arch and seeing family in the area. Any other recommendations for our short visit (like 4 days)? We'll be having a little birthday celebration somewhere in the area for the girls on Friday....no rip you off Chuckey Cheeses, but hope to find a good restaurant that is good for 7 y/o kids who like pizza, hot dogs, and cheeseburgers :).

Anyway, Let's GO BLUES and see you in the Lou!!!
come to my show at FUBAR friday. pappy's is right around the corner. :)

T.C. wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:22 am come to my show at FUBAR friday. pappy's is right around the corner. :)
I forgot that your band plays at FUBAR, TC. We talked about that before because I used to play there all of the time as well.
Let me know when you play again. Right now it is tough for me to make it, because I have a 1-month old baby at home, but once she gets a little older and momma lets me out of the house again, I will definitely come check it out :lol: . We always had a great time at FUBAR.
KA-KAW!