Re: Rampage Rookie D/Blues Prospect Mitch Reinke

There are changes coming to the defense...there has to be. At least 2-3 are leaving in the offseason and perhaps another one at the trade deadline in 2020. Mikkola, and Reinke will get their shot but we will be signing a UFA or getting at least one back in a trade.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:01 pm There are changes coming to the defense...there has to be. At least 2-3 are leaving in the offseason and perhaps another one at the trade deadline in 2020. Mikkola, and Reinke will get their shot but we will be signing a UFA or getting at least one back in a trade.
I don't doubt there will be some changes there, I just hope we don't overthink the D situation which is already quite good at the expense of the forwards which are not overall that impressive.

ratonmono wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:01 pm There are changes coming to the defense...there has to be. At least 2-3 are leaving in the offseason and perhaps another one at the trade deadline in 2020. Mikkola, and Reinke will get their shot but we will be signing a UFA or getting at least one back in a trade.
I don't doubt there will be some changes there, I just hope we don't overthink the D situation which is already quite good at the expense of the forwards which are not overall that impressive.
Gunnar gone, Jbo possibly gone, Jed gone....something is very off about Jed this year and something will have to be decided in regards to Petro. God forbid they bring all these guys back....that would suck.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Drubilly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm You rule Royal Air Force Rich!
LOL! I took 4 years of German in HS, and every time I wrote out my assignment on the blackboard and initialed it, the teacher would point out that RAF in Germany at the time usually referred to the "Rote Armee Fraktion" aka "Red Army Faction" or the Baader-Meinhoff gang.
NHLTIM wrote:
Gunnar gone, Jbo possibly gone, Jed gone....something is very off about Jed this year and something will have to be decided in regards to Petro. God forbid they bring all these guys back....that would suck.
Gunnar, JBo, and DelZotto are UFAs, Edmundson is an RFA, and some people still want to run Pietro out of town on a rail, even though he's been our best all around defenseman over the last 3-4 years now. That would leave us with a still inconsistent Parayko, a still moderately protected Dunn, and an often injured Bortuzzo as our ONLY NHL level defensemen. From what it sounds like, none of our minor league blue-line prospects seems ready to make the jump, so we'd be REALLY hurting just to fill out a D-corps, much less a good one, and even if we add another top-6 scorer, we still won't have the forward group to (sort of) overcome a mediocre D, like Toronto or Pittsburgh.

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm
LOL! I took 4 years of German in HS, and every time I wrote out my assignment on the blackboard and initialed it, the teacher would point out that RAF in Germany at the time usually referred to the "Rote Armee Fraktion" aka "Red Army Faction" or the Baader-Meinhoff gang.
NHLTIM wrote:

Gunnar, JBo, and DelZotto are UFAs, Edmundson is an RFA, and some people still want to run Pietro out of town on a rail, even though he's been our best all around defenseman over the last 3-4 years now. That would leave us with a still inconsistent Parayko, a still moderately protected Dunn, and an often injured Bortuzzo as our ONLY NHL level defensemen. From what it sounds like, none of our minor league blue-line prospects seems ready to make the jump, so we'd be REALLY hurting just to fill out a D-corps, much less a good one, and even if we add another top-6 scorer, we still won't have the forward group to (sort of) overcome a mediocre D, like Toronto or Pittsburgh.
Petro has to be dealt with....do you want to sign him to a long term extension? That would be an awful contract unless he's willing to take a huge discount and i doubt that's the case. You keep him and don't resign him and then he leaves and we get nothing....that can't happen, that would be a fail.
We can move on from Petro......Blues will survive just fine. We probably resign Jbo to a cheap deal, sign a ufa or trade for a dman. Plenty of options to find NHL dmen.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I don’t think it’s the ideal situation, but depending what other moves are made, having Petro play out his last year and letting him walk might not be the worst option. Cap space is a huge commodity these days and we may be in a situation where trading Petro before end of next year will make us a worse team at the time, therefore you keep him for the year and gain the cap space afterwards.

It’s really just the reverse of trading picks / prospects for a veteran, but you’re just not adding them as opposed to losing them.

I would expect NHLTim to be fully supportive of going for it and not worrying about the future!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:43 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:05 amTime to get out the Petro megathread again. :)
And to think, this thread started out so hopefully as a story about a young prospect in the AHL who "set a new single-season franchise record with 37 points, the most ever by a Rampage rookie defenseman." What was his name again? :roll:
Well...,when we talk about a player who we think has some promise on defense for us, why wouldn't we discuss our current defense and how things might pan out?

"Suck a dick Johansen"

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Pfffft...they didn't have shit on Hans Gruber!
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

I'd be fine bringing back Bouwmeester for one year. He's certainly earned it with how he turned this season around. Dunn and Pietrangelo have looked good. If you're happy with that, you could easily put up Edmundson on the block - you wouldn't get a ton for him but you'd get something.
Bouwmeester / Parayko
Dunn / Pietrangelo

As far as the third pairing, you could start with MDZ / Bortuzzo, and filter in Reinke and whoever else makes it.

As far as forwards go, I think we might be ok - I think we have a good base to work with. I'd love to see someone get a full call up out of training camp to sink or swim up here (Kyrou?)