Re: Blues will change radio stations beginning next season

T.C. wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:21 am i listen to the radio broadcasts in the car. this sucks. last time they tried a switch it was a fucking disaster. the games were constantly getting bumped for baseball. and we're going to an ESPN station, a network that clearly gives zero fucks about hockey? fantastic.
When the Blues and Cards play at the same time, KMOX bumps the Blues every time... I actually think this might get us MORE games. Yes, 101 is an ESPN station, but they really have almost no influence from the mothership. I'm going to hold out judgment until next year on this one. It might actually be cool to hear the games with FM clarity.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:35 am
T.C. wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:21 am i listen to the radio broadcasts in the car. this sucks. last time they tried a switch it was a fucking disaster. the games were constantly getting bumped for baseball. and we're going to an ESPN station, a network that clearly gives zero fucks about hockey? fantastic.
When the Blues and Cards play at the same time, KMOX bumps the Blues every time... I actually think this might get us MORE games. Yes, 101 is an ESPN station, but they really have almost no influence from the mothership. I'm going to hold out judgment until next year on this one. It might actually be cool to hear the games with FM clarity.
that's the only way i listen - KMOX is simulcast on KEZK HD-3. when the AM station is playing baseball, you still get blues on HD3.

and of course it's prudent to reserve judgement until we see what actually happens, i'm just saying there is a history of terrible radio decisions.

T.C. wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:19 am
MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:35 am
that's the only way i listen - KMOX is simulcast on KEZK HD-3. when the AM station is playing baseball, you still get blues on HD3.

and of course it's prudent to reserve judgement until we see what actually happens, i'm just saying there is a history of terrible radio decisions.
Oh that's awesome! I didn't realize that they did that with KEZK.
My biggest worry is that Bernie is going to think he is a hockey expert now. Listening to him talk about other sports is hard enough, but now I will have to listen to him blabber about hockey :lol:
KA-KAW!

Per the rizz show:

Hubbard that houses 105.7 the point, kshe 95, some country station, a religion station, AND 101.1 espn

Chris kerber and whoever his partner is after chaser left will be doing the simulcasts.

Cards spring training games etc will NEVER bump the blues. The blues are getting #1 priority on this new merger.

No link....they talked about it today on the show...
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

barcthespark wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:01 am This isn't like when the Blues left KMOX for the rinky dink 550 years ago. 101.1 is THE sports station in St. Louis. Being the #1 property on the #1 sports station in town is going to be great for the Blues. No more second fiddle to the Cards on their own station. I'm as traditional as anyone else and probably more than most, but this is one change I'm very happy with.
Almost kind of like when the Blues went back to KMOX to be the main sport on the channel. That is of course until the Cardinals followed them back. :D

The one thing I hope it does is bring in a new, fresh hockey voice. Not one that has been on before but give a new guy a chance.

It sounds like 101 has all kinds of things in store around the Blues. I will just say give me quality over quantity any day of the week.

insideout wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:17 pm This is awesome 'cause the metal plate in my head picks up a frequency in the neighborhood of 101.3 (close enough!) and now in the evening I will hear Blues games instead of Freddie Coleman talking basketball. (No offense to Freddie, just not my cup of tea).
Freddie’s good. Don’t listen to him like I used to but he’s good. And I think I’ve heard him say that he enjoys the NHL playoffs more than any other sport, yet these guys just don’t do NHL segments.

BillP. wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:15 pm
insideout wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:17 pm This is awesome 'cause the metal plate in my head picks up a frequency in the neighborhood of 101.3 (close enough!) and now in the evening I will hear Blues games instead of Freddie Coleman talking basketball. (No offense to Freddie, just not my cup of tea).
Freddie’s good. Don’t listen to him like I used to but he’s good. And I think I’ve heard him say that he enjoys the NHL playoffs more than any other sport, yet these guys just don’t do NHL segments.
Yeah, he's good. I'm just not into basketball talk.

T.C. wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:32 am bring back bucci & NHL2Nite.
I was reading an article on the NHL TV deal being up after next year, and there were rumblings that ESPN might take a swing at it. I miss Buccigross more than ESPN. In all fairness though NBCSN has done a lot better over the years. It took them five-ever to figure it out but It's better than watching Barry Melrose.

On the local side, I was listening to Kerbs on KSHE and he is actually a VP and was part of this deal. 101 has the game rights, but, all Hubbard stations will have access. He was saying things like players visiting the studios and guest DJ or just talking music. It's not going to change the on ice product, but, the Blues will have more exclusive media exposure. That's not a bad thing.

Puckhead wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:20 pm
T.C. wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:32 am bring back bucci & NHL2Nite.
I was reading an article on the NHL TV deal being up after next year, and there were rumblings that ESPN might take a swing at it. I miss Buccigross more than ESPN. In all fairness though NBCSN has done a lot better over the years. It took them five-ever to figure it out but It's better than watching Barry Melrose.

On the local side, I was listening to Kerbs on KSHE and he is actually a VP and was part of this deal. 101 has the game rights, but, all Hubbard stations will have access. He was saying things like players visiting the studios and guest DJ or just talking music. It's not going to change the on ice product, but, the Blues will have more exclusive media exposure. That's not a bad thing.
agree on all counts, and good to hear. thanks.