Don't look now, but...

We are two points behind Anaheim for 1st in the conference with a game in hand. With...the Kings looming in that second WC spot. If the Kings keep winning though its possible they get 3rd in the Pacific with Calgary or Winnipeg taking that second WC spot.

Re: Don't look now, but...

I just want a strong finish, and confidence in the net. Who we play IMO is immaterial, as any of our potential opponents will be a challenge. In fact, I'd rather face the Kings or 'hawks, as I think the Blues will be more 'up' for those two teams, thus not take anything for granted. Wild and Jets are both a lot tougher than most give credit to, and could get a team like the Blues off their game.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:I just want a strong finish, and confidence in the net. Who we play IMO is immaterial, as any of our potential opponents will be a challenge. In fact, I'd rather face the Kings or 'hawks, as I think the Blues will be more 'up' for those two teams, thus not take anything for granted. Wild and Jets are both a lot tougher than most give credit to, and could get a team like the Blues off their game.

That's how I see it as well.

This blues team can beat anyone in a 7 game series. I foresee the Blues wearing teams down over the course of a series with their forecheck, physicality and depth. It is kind of scary that Lindbohm is still waiting in the wings. He would be starting for most teams in the NHL.

bradleygt89 wrote:I just want a strong finish, and confidence in the net. Who we play IMO is immaterial, as any of our potential opponents will be a challenge. In fact, I'd rather face the Kings or 'hawks, as I think the Blues will be more 'up' for those two teams, thus not take anything for granted. Wild and Jets are both a lot tougher than most give credit to, and could get a team like the Blues off their game.
I don't think I want any part of Dubnyk in the first round.....

If we play like we did last night (physical but responsible), I think we can beat anyone. Especially with the goaltending we got last night. Its just interesting looking at how the standings can shake out and see us facing the Kings in the first round. Hawks are still a possibility too obviously. Calgary would be my choice!

The way the playoffs look to shake out, there are no pushover teams. Calgary is the closest thing to it, and they've been incredible recently.

Vancouver, LA, Chicago, Winnipeg, Minnesota... Sure, the Blues could win a series against any of them, but they could just as easily beat the Blues. There is no team that I "Want" to face in the first round, really.