Re: Sens @ Blues 1.19.19

BluesSK wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:12 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:24 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:36 am

He is struggling...has no confidence...can't shoot fast...maybe time and injuries...and the sadness of life have finally caught up to him
I think with Schwartzie it’s just the law of averages working against him. The bounce of the puck so to speak. Trouble is can Schwartz stay healthy long enough for his luck to change 😀
Schwartz's cold streaks are way too long and his hot streaks are injury prone. If players aren't earning their value I have a hard time trying to justify to keep them.
No doubt Schwartz has had a ton of bad luck in his short career, but his slumps are becoming legendary. There is hot and cold and then there is Schwartz level cold.

Oft would depend on how high the pick was, and hope highly rated the prospect. I know the temptation is to move him, but as soon as we do, he might well turn around and solve 25 to 30 goals for so round else. I'm not against moving him, but I would want to be satisfied with the return so we're not left holding an empty bag.

39hurricane wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:45 pm Since were talking about 17, if Steen will not waive his NTC, would you move 17 near the deadline for a first round pick and a prospect?
It would have to be like the Pacioretty deal where Bergevin got a top prospect with the first rounder. Canadiens did well on that deal.

BillP. wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:19 pm
39hurricane wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:45 pm Since were talking about 17, if Steen will not waive his NTC, would you move 17 near the deadline for a first round pick and a prospect?
It would have to be like the Pacioretty deal where Bergevin got a top prospect with the first rounder. Canadiens did well on that deal.
I would make that deal especialy considering we are for sure not making a cup run this year and most likely not going to the playoffs.

barnburner wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:54 pm Oft would depend on how high the pick was, and hope highly rated the prospect. I know the temptation is to move him, but as soon as we do, he might well turn around and solve 25 to 30 goals for so round else. I'm not against moving him, but I would want to be satisfied with the return so we're not left holding an empty bag.
I think he needs a change, I don't think hes worth much ie. Injuries, performance the last few years. But if a trade gets us a prospect and a pick then see ya.

If any of Thomas, Kyrou, Bokk, Kostin, Fabbri, Tarsaenko, Schenn, Schwartz, O'Reilly, Bozak, Perron, Barbashev, Sundqvist, Nolan, Stevens, Foley, almost any other forward in the organization are traded before Maroon and Steen are off this team, I'd probably quit being a Blues fan until Armstrong is gone. Steen and Maroon, have, HAVE, absolutely NEED TO BE GONE. If he won't waive his NTC, then buy him out or make him more miserable until he asks for a trade. I'm sorry but Steen is, was, and always will be the cancer of this team and you'll never convince me otherwise. I know I sound crazy but even when the choices were Perron, Oshie, and then Backes all gone, I would have rather it have been Steen or Berglund almost every time. He did some good things and was a good player for the Blues, but the unexplained loyalty to this guy, I just don't get. Plus the double standards of how almost every other forward who's made a mistake or had poor play has been benched, but oh no, not Mr. Steen. God forbid they bench him or relegate him to a bottom 6 role.

Honestly, Armstrong should have immediately gone to Vegas once they signed Stastny and seen what they would give him for Steen, and let those two play together again. Even it it was just a bag of pucks, it would have been better to get rid of him.