Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Capitals - 7:00 - FSMW/KMOX - 1/3

Southsidetony wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:41 pm Petro seemed weird during interview after the game.. Wonder if he knows something?? Bortuzzo gave his stick to a kid after the game going into the locker room after being called a star of the game.. Petro, the Captain of the team, gets 1st star, interview, then gives no hand shakes to crowd as he heads to locker room..
Most non-captain, captain in the league.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 pm Whelp tonight proves nothing about this team. Bortuzzo going after Wilson lit a fire, and for whatever reason the Crapitals didn't step up to play the game after that.

Reminds me of the Avalanche game, they played with fire, but I don't think this team can do it consistently enough.
This is my concern as well. This team has had a few games where they looked great, but then the other Blues team shows up again. I won't believe until they start playing like this consistently. Even then I still think this season is a wash because it's too late to make the playoffs.

Tank to the Islanders would be my preference....a lot of good pieces to be had there plus maybe it gives the Islanders an edge to sign Panarin in the offseason. Also worth noting even with Tank out, the Islanders had scouts at the game last night and you know they weren't there to scout the Capitals.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Southsidetony wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:20 pm Seems like a different team without Tank.. Someone had to say it..
and they were a different team without petro too.
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:47 pm Im in 324 in a winter classic blues hat and ovechkin jersey :o
i was in 311 in the mystery AK biebe jersey.

this team... wow. halfway through the first, even my wife, who doesn't willingly watch a lot of hockey, commented on how disjointed they looked. guys next to us were commenting on how it looked like an amateur team that all just met each other. they were all correct. then, FINALLY, someone steps up to beat wilson. the place was deafening. louder than the playoff wins i've attended. not just because it was wilson getting beaten, but because finally someone on this fucking team shows some balls and team spirit. then minutes later, a softie from allen and crowd is back to silence, watching the jumbotron beg us all to "make some noise" while we sit on our hands. but then this team turned into something else. i don't know what happened, but someone lit a fire under them. maybe the fight started it, then they felt bad that jake let in a softie since he has bailed them out a few times (to be fair) and wanted to get one back for him? whatever it was, from that moment on, it was a fucking fantastic game. maybe the best i've been to in at least a few years. i don't just mean because we won. yes, petro's goal was fire, but his subsequent play was crazy. i can't remember the last time, if ever, petro has come blazing down the wing and made a power-forward cut to the middle, putting the puck on net. the fucking guy almost had it too. our fourth line is maybe one of my favorite lines to watch. sunnyD and barbie are really great. guy sitting in front of us had a barbie jersey on, winter classic style. he's earned some fans for sure. ROR is something to watch in person. every play, every shift, he's two steps ahead and giving 110%. he is by far the best player we've had in a long while. if that guy isn't captain next year, i quit.

those of you bitching about petro's behavior post-game, what do you expect? this is the exact same petro we've always had. doesn't appear to give a shit when we win, doesn't appear to give a shit when we lose. the team follows suit of their captain.

all in all, i unexpectedly got the three things i wanted out of this game: wilson getting beaten, ovechkin getting his 30th, and blues win. it was a great night.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:54 am Tank to the Islanders would be my preference....a lot of good pieces to be had there plus maybe it gives the Islanders an edge to sign Panarin in the offseason. Also worth noting even with Tank out, the Islanders had scouts at the game last night and you know they weren't there to scout the Capitals.
That's a nice fit. If Dobson is part of the return I want him to switch to a new brand of sticks though.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!