The Nuclear Option

I hate that I am writing this, at the begining of December.

This season is lost. We would have to go 36-16 to have a chance to make the playoffs. Not going to happen. We all know who has to go and who to build around. We should be able to get some first and second round picks. No slight retooling, blow this thing up big.

Bring up some guys, tell them to just go have fun and play.

Re: The Nuclear Option

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm Can the Blues' ownership group unilaterally begin a player lockout two years early? They might be able to convince Chicago to join them in the cause. Both teams are choking on their own contract vomit. :idea:
I kind of feel like Chicago's situation is different from that of the Blues...... I can't quite put a finger on it, but it's as if Chicago's contract vomit doesn't taste quite as bad. It's almost as if Chicago's is the result of a hangover - some sort of post-celebratory state - whereas St. Louis' skipped the party and went straight to the puking.

insideout wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm Can the Blues' ownership group unilaterally begin a player lockout two years early? They might be able to convince Chicago to join them in the cause. Both teams are choking on their own contract vomit. :idea:
I kind of feel like Chicago's situation is different from that of the Blues...... I can't quite put a finger on it, but it's as if Chicago's contract vomit doesn't taste quite as bad. It's almost as if Chicago's is the result of a hangover - some sort of post-celebratory state - whereas St. Louis' skipped the party and went straight to the puking.
Exactly, it's because that vomit was caused by drinking too much booze out of Cup over the last 9 seasons.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

The Blues have allowed five or more goals on home ice in six of their 16 games (6-8-2) and in the past four games after a win have been outscored 24-6. The last time the Blues allowed five or more goals at least six times in a season on home ice was 2006-07 when it happened nine times.

What's funny is, not too long ago there was rumors that the Blues were interested in Jimmy Howard. So you know Army was still thinking about salvaging the season at that time. I mean, if you thought Jimmy Howard was the answer to this piece of shit, then what are you waiting for Stillman, it's time to get yourself a GM that has a clue because the hole you got is just getting deeper and deeper.

BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 am What's funny is, not too long ago there was rumors that the Blues were interested in Jimmy Howard. So you know Army was still thinking about salvaging the season at that time. I mean, if you thought Jimmy Howard was the answer to this piece of shit, then what are you waiting for Stillman, it's time to get yourself a GM that has a clue because the hole you got is just getting deeper and deeper.
I always assumed the Howard rumor came from Detroit. Made 0 sense for the Blues then or now.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 am What's funny is, not too long ago there was rumors that the Blues were interested in Jimmy Howard. So you know Army was still thinking about salvaging the season at that time. I mean, if you thought Jimmy Howard was the answer to this piece of shit, then what are you waiting for Stillman, it's time to get yourself a GM that has a clue because the hole you got is just getting deeper and deeper.
I'm not defending Army - I'm not a fan at all - but if they could unload Allen's contract in exchange for Jimmy Howard's contract, I'm on board. It certainly wouldn't salvage the season, but it would solve a problem that puts a damper on the rebuild.

insideout wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am
I'm not defending Army - I'm not a fan at all - but if they could unload Allen's contract in exchange for Jimmy Howard's contract, I'm on board. It certainly wouldn't salvage the season, but it would solve a problem that puts a damper on the rebuild.
I read on a Hockey News article that the Wings asking price is a 1st rd pick. Howard has a save pct. of like .922 so the Wings are trying to milk it as much as they can.

BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:23 pm
insideout wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am
I read on a Hockey News article that the Wings asking price is a 1st rd pick. Howard has a save pct. of like .922 so the Wings are trying to milk it as much as they can.
Yeah, pass on a that. Good luck to the Wings on that one.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:14 am Someone on Twitter heard JR say Pietrangelo and Tarasenko are both available.

If Armstrong trades either 91 or 27 before he would find a way to rid this team of Maroon, Bouw, and especially Steen, I will 100% NEVER support the Blues again until Armstrong is gone. It's HIS fault this team is in the mess it's in. Yeo was not the right coach and neither is Berube. Steen's extension was a HUGE mistake made at a time of panic. The Maroon signing is a marketing thing at this point, nothing more as he has brought nothing to this team outside of some early season PP success. I have NO idea why Bortuzzo had to be extended but they clearly don't trust Schmaltz which is sad because I think given time, he could have been a good #3-6 defenseman. The defense is on their 5th coach in the last few years. Allen is still a disaster but because he's on one of his peak times, no one is really looking at him. There are SO many other issues before 91 and 27 so the fact that Armstrong may move one of them first would make this truly disastrous.