Re: Flyers/Blues speculation

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:56 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:52 am I'd love if Army can get someone to take on Bozak's contract in one of these deals.
I think Bozak is a surprise candidate to be moved. Have to wonder how that will affect free agents in the future. Of course Bozak might be happy to get out of this shit show too. Boston is looking for a center. Winnipeg could use a center.....there are options out there for him for sure.
I don't really have a problem with him, but with how bad our team is we don't really have a use for him and I think we could get something of value for him. And he's blocking Thomas from playing his natural position.

wannabebluesplayer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 am
wannabebluesplayer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am Why is everyone wanting to move Petro or Tarasenko before trying to move Steen, Maroon, or a few others off this team first?

With that said, I do think the Flyers offer a good chance to retool this team depending on what you could get and their needs. Could you work to get Allen there so it could be him and Carter Hart? They have a good young defense corp already. If Petro would be leaving for them, could you swing getting Provorov, because if we're losing Petro, I'd really like Provorov, but I don't see Fletcher doing that.
I think guys like Maroon/Bouwmeester don't really change much if you ship them out, and don't bring much in return. Steen wouldn't bring a big haul, but his departure definitely would change up the leadership. I think the reason the focus is around Petro/Tarasenko is because they're the guys that fit in the Venn diagram of players other teams would want that would also change leadership and the look in the room. Frankly, I don't know what the right move is at all.
That's the exact reasoning I think many are using for trading one or both of 27 and 91. My question to them is, what do you do when it doesn't change the team or work out the way you think? Why do they fit the leadership/lockerroom change more than Steen, the one guy who's been here 10 years and from all what many think, although I tend to disagree, is the most...I'll use respected...voice in the room. Wouldn't that be the leadership change aspect you're more looking for at this time? We've all heard the Petro isn't "one of the guys" or "is weak", etc. Maybe I'm delusional, but once instance of him getting sat on by Benn and his team doing nothing is more an indictment on the rest of the team than him. He knew the Blues needed to win that game and didn't want to put his team down and take himself off the ice with some retaliatory move. Do I wish this team would stick up for each other more and play for each other more, of course, but I've NEVER, and I'll repeat, NEVER seen Steen lay down in front of a goal like Tank did, or play near the amount of minutes or step up his game to another level like Petro has CONSISTENTLY in the playoffs.

I'm all for the leadership/core change in the locker room, but I will absolutely, 100% stop following this team if Steen outlasts 91 or 27 on this team. In my no so expert opinion, leadership and respect among a group of your peers is something you earn no matter the profession or rank you hold, and I'm using the letters as the rank. Speaking from experience as a former E-6 in the Army, I wasn't the most vocal to my guys and I wasn't always the hardest working guy either, but I consistently showed them respect and would help them in any way I could. I stood up and fought for the things they needed and at times wanted, but I also disciplined and explained to them when they stepped out of their lanes. I coached them in how they should handle situations, or I let them observe how I handled it and asked them to critique when we discussed it later. The truth is, no one outside of the coaches, players, and management knows who the true leaders of that team are. All we as fans, media, and others are ever going to know are the cookie cutter answers unless someone decides to be a whistle blower or speak under the table, which if that happens, this team has MUCH bigger problems than who's the leader in the locker room.

Do I think there needs to be a leadership change, absolutely, but I disagree with many on who it should be. If you're going to work out a trade plan with Philadelphia, in this instance, who are you targeting that will make the Blues better and possibly get them back into the playoffs and Cup hunt next season? You're not getting Carter Hart as he's their future in goal, which is exactly what the Blues need. You're not getting Provorov, Ghost, Hagg, Konecny, Patrick, or Sanheim. I doubt they'll trade any of their core or young forwards already on the team, so now you're looking at futures, and again, they have a great farm system, but how do futures really help your current core compete? I honestly don't know what I'd do if I'm Armstrong other than I'm not trading anyone of O'Reilly, Tank, Thomas, Kyrou, Parayko, Edmundson, and Dunn and I'm going to try and build around that group of players. Petro, Schwartz, and Schenn could be had but for a large price.

I know I partially hijacked this thread and I apologize for the rant. I guess at this point, I'm just frustrated by the people who seem to think some of the veterans on this team are immune and it's all the "leadership and young guys" who are making this team bad.
I would have read this post but it was to long.lol

I think what clouds all the trade speculation is that I'm not sure what type of package the Blues are looking for in return. Are they looking for pure futures or some kind of NHL ready return. Obviously they wouldn't be looking for rentals, but outside of assets with a number of years of team control left, I don't know which way they're going to go.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:30 pm I think what clouds all the trade speculation is that I'm not sure what type of package the Blues are looking for in return. Are they looking for pure futures or some kind of NHL ready return. Obviously they wouldn't be looking for rentals, but outside of assets with a number of years of team control left, I don't know which way they're going to go.
I hope they go in the direction of better players. We will have to wait and see what happens though.

I skimmed over that post.

I'll trade Tank because of his attitude. Y'all can go back and read about how his russian coaches benched him. He tries. He dosen't try real hard (Ovie) He pouts when things dont go right instead of going out and making a play (Bergeron) . He tries to do it all himself or he defers too much. Guy with that skill should knw when to pass or shoot (Kopitar).

My point, Tank is never going to lead us to a cup or even a final. Might as well get max value while we can.

BillP. wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:11 am
Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:00 am I'm not convinced to get rid of Tarasenko, Pie, see ya.

But this is why I'm not a GM, or anything close to it in the hockey world.
I got more trust in you Cotton than I do in Army. I still see a Petro extension in our future.
I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult! :P

If we sign Petro, I'm hoping there will at least be someone with character on this team, and that captain park benches contract does not extend so long as to help grow our next "core."

barcthespark wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:52 pm If you would have told me back in July that this team would be in the bottom 5 of the league and looking to selloff players at this point of the season I'd have thought you were crazy.
We do bold perditions at my work for the Blues and 2 out of 3 might happen.. 1. Trade Petro 2. Blues 5th or worst in division.. The year before I picked the exact date Hitch got fired.. MattyIce and BillP can back me up

Southsidetony wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 pm
barcthespark wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:52 pm If you would have told me back in July that this team would be in the bottom 5 of the league and looking to selloff players at this point of the season I'd have thought you were crazy.
We do bold perditions at my work for the Blues and 2 out of 3 might happen.. 1. Trade Petro 2. Blues 5th or worst in division.. The year before I picked the exact date Hitch got fired.. MattyIce and BillP can back me up

Yeah, I'll vouch for Tony. We make 3 bold predictions before the season start. He did call the date Hitch would get fired. I believe it was Jan 31st, and the Blues announced it on Feb 1st, but then the story was Hitch was notified after the game which would be Jan 31st. So he got that one.

The previous 2 years we both took the Blues to miss the playoffs, only this year he did it again. Though I think he was full of shit when he said it, because like Barc said, nobody saw this coming. And the Petro prediction is futile. His contract is coming due, the team is sucking so the rumors are going to fly but he isn't going anywhere. I like how everyone is saying how the Blues look better without Petro in the lineup, but I guarantee Army's thinking to himself, just think how much better we'd be if he was in the lineup ---- ha..............The extension is coming!!!!

So you're saying you work in hell, or you just boldly send people there?

:twisted:

RAFritchey wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 am

This is quite funny :D

:lol:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Southsidetony wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:45 pm I think you take the Captain role away from him.. Extention better be for less money, since he kind of let this team be divided and full of speculation..
I absolutely do not want Petro wearing the C. However he seems so fragile that I think if you take it away, it would pretty much destroy him. Better off to trade him.

I think Tarasenko is the guy to go to Philly for something involving Konecny a prospect and a 1st.

Schenn to Canes in a deal surrounding Slavin we might need to add there given Schenn's contract length.

I don't see us moving Petro honestly. Whether he is the guy to move? I don't know.

Being a Blues fan is pretty much like living in H-E-Double Hockey Stick...

ratonmono wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:10 pm I think Tarasenko is the guy to go to Philly for something involving Konecny a prospect and a 1st.

Schenn to Canes in a deal surrounding Slavin we might need to add there given Schenn's contract length.

I don't see us moving Petro honestly. Whether he is the guy to move? I don't know.
Konecny, Farabee and a 1st.....
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

@avappleyard
20h20 hours ago
More
Fun @NHLFlyers facts.

With his 1.12 P/60 at 5v5 Travis Sanheim is 28th amongst all @NHL regular defensemen this year in P/60.

His +10.44 ExGF rel is 1st in the NHL for Dmen.
His 58.91% ExGF is 7th amongst NHL Dmen.
His 1.93 ExGA is 12th amongst NHL Dmen.

@avappleyard
20h20 hours ago
More
Another fun @NHLFlyers fact...

since making his @NHL debut Travis Konecny has scored at a rate of 2.00 P/60 at 5v5.

That is 58th best amongst all forwards in the league over that time.

He is 21 years old. #Flyers

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:27 am Actually the first deal Philly might make will be for a goalie. Since Elliot's been hurt, the Flyer goalies have a combined save pct. of .850
I was thinking if Q ends up there they will trade for Crawford but he got hurt last night so who knows.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:35 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:27 am Actually the first deal Philly might make will be for a goalie. Since Elliot's been hurt, the Flyer goalies have a combined save pct. of .850
I was thinking if Q ends up there they will trade for Crawford but he got hurt last night so who knows.
Philadelphia Flyers twitter after announcing Q as coach.
"We're also excited to announce we've acquired Jake Allen"