Bergy

I think the guy deserves some credit for how he has been playing these past few games. 4 points in his last three games to be exact.

He has been a dominant possession player all year, and it is finally starting to show some results for him lately.

Does anyone feel that Bergy can play a Bickell-esque role for this team in the POs? Maybe not so much physically, but I think he can play the role of the big body that is tough to move and chips in big goals.

And, looking at his playoff results, outside of last season's debacle where he was hurt, he actually has some decent playoff statistics relative to everyone else on the team.

He will most certainly be moved in the offseason. Let's hope his playoff performance helps his stock.

Re: Bergy

He's such a mystery to me. Whenever he gets his body going towards the net, good things typically happen (see, the Lehtera goal). But usually he doesn't ever take on the defender and try to go to the net, he just curls up and stops. He needs to keep his body going towards the net-he's a much more effective player that way. I hope we get something out of him in the playoffs but I'm not holding my breathe. He has looked better recently after looking absolutely putrid for a stretch though.

This has been the issue with Berglund his whole career. He'll string together a few good games and people will think he's turned a corner, then he will disappear for 20 games.

I still want him gone. He needs to play in a low pressure situation where there aren't any expectations.

What if we win the cup and Bergy wins the Conn Smythe? Then what?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

At last night's Calgary game, we had a guy in our section (319) who yelled, "Come on Berglund! Hit somebody!!" every time 21 touched the puck.

Yes, that's right.

HE WAS IN POSSESSION OF THE PUCK, yet genius wanted him to presumably abandon the puck to hit someone. Posession-wise, Berglund is having a very strong year - one of the best among players with 3rd or 4th line assignments.
It's a shame he's been such a disapPOINTment in other areas...

By the way, I tried to hi5 Captain Busch Light after Bergy's goal, but he waved it off. Ha!

NHLTIM wrote:What if we win the cup and Bergy wins the Conn Smythe? Then what?
Then he'd have turned into the Peter Forsberg that we all have been hoping for, and that contract of his contract isn't so bad after all. That would help Army get back into the First Round. :D

Trade his ass (and the rest of his body, too)! :lol:

4 games left. What if he gets 2 hat-tricks and 4 more goals to finish with 20. Then scores 30 points in the 24-game ride to The Cup. Think of the return in trade for this new NHL star!!

Robb_K wrote:
Trade his ass (and the rest of his body, too)! :lol:

4 games left. What if he gets 2 hat-tricks and 4 more goals to finish with 20. Then scores 30 points in the 24-game ride to The Cup. Think of the return in trade for this new NHL star!!
Hey...he won this week's Panger award too....that also increases his value. :lol:

I've always liked Berglund.

He is what he is, a 20 goal scorer in this league who is responsible on defense and protects the puck well.

Personally, I don't think he's overpaid and I hope the Blues retain him.

This is exactly what makes Bergy so frustrating to root for. He shows that he gets it and uses his size to his advantage for short stretches, especially when he gets to dirty areas where he can go for rebounds and deflections. As much as I've ragged about him, I sincerely hope he keeps this up throughout the playoffs. If that means that the Blues retain him instead of trading him, so be it. I'm more than happy to be wrong about him if it means we're going deep in the playoffs.