Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Winnipeg 10/22 - 7:00cst - TV: NHL/FSMW

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 am Heard on KMOX this morning that Jake Allen was quoted saying the team is playing scared when it's crunch time. Any thoughts?

Personally, I wish he wouldn't of said anything, the team has just played 2 great games in a row and its beginning to find its style. Let it be and move on. Team is jelling. I don't like him saying that, in fact, I thought it was stupid. Just keep your mouth shut and do your job. JMO
The team played two good periods last night, they did not play a great game though. They were ass in the third period outside of a few plays. Jake was spot on with what he said--the team played like they were scared to lose and just tried to desperately cling to the lead. Rather than taking the play to the Jets like they did in the first two periods.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 am Heard on KMOX this morning that Jake Allen was quoted saying the team is playing scared when it's crunch time. Any thoughts?

Personally, I wish he wouldn't of said anything, the team has just played 2 great games in a row and its beginning to find its style. Let it be and move on. Team is jelling. I don't like him saying that, in fact, I thought it was stupid. Just keep your mouth shut and do your job. JMO
The team played two good periods last night, they did not play a great game though. They were ass in the third period outside of a few plays. Jake was spot on with what he said--the team played like they were scared to lose and just tried to desperately cling to the lead. Rather than taking the play to the Jets like they did in the first two periods.
I don't fault Jake for that either....I think his comments were subliminal and maybe more directed at Yeo.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 am

I don't fault Jake for that either....I think his comments were subliminal and maybe more directed at Yeo.
Count me on the side that doesn't have any problem with what Jake said. Guess what happens when you play two good periods against good teams? You lose. Honestly the only encouraging things about last night's game were that the O'Reilly line looked really good together, we scored another PP goal, and Allen hasn't had a mental breakdown yet.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

barnburner wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 am

Yeah, I don't recall his teammates calling him out when he went on vacation during the last two years, so maybe he should just keep quiet. He still has to prove that he can be a legitimate #1 goalie.
That's a good point. His teammates defend him, and then he calls out his teammates. I was okay with how he's been playing even though the stats don't back him up, but now I think he needs to go. I don't like what he said at all.

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:52 am

Yeah, I don't recall his teammates calling him out when he went on vacation during the last two years, so maybe he should just keep quiet. He still has to prove that he can be a legitimate #1 goalie.
That's a good point. His teammates defend him, and then he calls out his teammates. I was okay with how he's been playing even though the stats don't back him up, but now I think he needs to go. I don't like what he said at all.
He 100% should of said what he said. He’s not calling out an individual player so you can’t compare it to nobody calling him out last year when he struggled.

People complain about canned quotes and the players not saying what is actually wrong and then when a player actually does, he gets shit on. Most of the team did play scared in the 3rd last night, nothing wrong with someone actually saying it.

We got a point in that game...that's a tough building and I'm ok with getting the point regardless. That game paints a bigger picture to me as we continue to see the same mistakes from players and the coach. Dunn is the best dman on this team right now and Yeo still shelters him and puts Bouwmeester out with Petro to close out the game. That's a coaching mistake. I love Bouwmeester but something has to give....somebody has to get in Yeo's ear that Bouwmeester is done. I'd put that on our captain but he's got his own struggles....like on pace for 16pts and like a -60 or so....WTF? Its not really Petro's nature to lead so he sure as hell ain't going to say anything now with that suck ass pace he's on.
Need more from Vladi...granted he's got 6pts in 8 games but I have yet to see the Vladi that this team desperately needs.
If we don't make that trade for ROR and sign Perron....this team would really be hosed right now.
Yeo needs to let the reigns go on the young guys because we will be a much better team when they aren't pressing a bit. Yeo has to handle them better.
Also gotta give some props to Barbie....he's been good. I think Blais is going to have to get on the stat sheet...just running around making hits probably isn't enough to keep him here long term but at least he's doing something when he's out there but I think his leash is getting shorter.
Maroon has 5 pts..in 8 games...i'm fine with that. I think he provides us a different look....just needs more consistency.
Parayko....has zero consistency other than the ice time Yeo gives him. Really disappointed in how he's turned out.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:12 am

He 100% should of said what he said. He’s not calling out an individual player so you can’t compare it to nobody calling him out last year when he struggled.

People complain about canned quotes and the players not saying what is actually wrong and then when a player actually does, he gets shit on. Most of the team did play scared in the 3rd last night, nothing wrong with someone actually saying it.

Team just got 3 points on the road against a potential SC Finals matchup in both Winnipeg & Toronto. Team took some steps in the right direction over the weekend. Nothing needed to be said to the media. Especially from Jake Allen. Now if OUR CAPTAIN, Petro spoke out and said that, it's a different story, a different take. But Jake Allen? I've been defending him but now I think he needs to go.

That's fine if Jake is ok with the players telling reporters that Jake sucked when he has a bad game. It goes both ways. Saying it face to face to teammates in the room, is a one thing. To reporters is another.

barnburner wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:28 am

That's fine if Jake is ok with the players telling reporters that Jake sucked when he has a bad game. It goes both ways. Saying it face to face to teammates in the room, is a one thing. To reporters is another.
How do you know it wasn’t said in the room? (And frankly, saying it to a reporter is close to tone same thing, as everyone still sees it). Jake has consistently taken ownership of his poor play the last two years when he struggled.

Again, he called out the team, not an individual player. There’s a massive difference between the two that people should understand.

You’re basically saying no goalie should ever criticize his team, because you and I both know that basically no player will ever publicly criticize his goalie.

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:47 am

How do you know it wasn’t said in the room? (And frankly, saying it to a reporter is close to tone same thing, as everyone still sees it). Jake has consistently taken ownership of his poor play the last two years when he struggled.

Again, he called out the team, not an individual player. There’s a massive difference between the two that people should understand.

You’re basically saying no goalie should ever criticize his team, because you and I both know that basically no player will ever publicly criticize his goalie.
Oshie called out Halak at least one time.....and that wasn't even post game...that was a between periods interview! :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

insideout wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 am You know the team has fallen on hard times when they blow a 2 goal third-period lead and multiple people are commenting about how things are looking up. The Yeomeester era can't end soon enough.
Yeah this is what I don't get...I get that WPG are a great team. But we had a 2-goal lead going into the third and lost. Thats not acceptable against anybody. Bad teams even consistently win games they're leading after 2. We were not a good team last year and we only lost 3 games when leading after 2. We've already lost 2 this year when leading after 2.

I think even Yeo will have to concede that the Bouwmeester era is over. I was fine with him being in the lineup last night given the injuries. I'm fine with Dunn missing out on a bit of ice time in very specific situations (D-zone draw with lead to protect), but you can't tell me that Bouwmeester is a better option in those instances. Want another sign that Bouwmeester has run out of time? In his Blues career, he's never had more than 28 PIMs, which is pretty solid for a guy putting up as many minutes as he does, frequently drawing the opposition's top line. This year he's on pace for well over 100, and its not because at 35 he suddenly developed a mean streak. His game has been predicated on being able to outskate or at least skate even with opponents for decades. When you can't do that anymore, this is what happens. He's had a very nice career, but his time as an effective top 4 defenseman are over, and there's no way around it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:47 am

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying. There's some things fans don't need to hear.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:47 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:06 am When it’s laid out like this, JBos icetime looks even more ridiculous.

Jeff Jones has never had a job in his life...suddenly I love Jay Bo.
Pietrangelo played like 9:30 on special teams, that's why his ES icetime is unusually low.

Also, how many of those times in the third period were immediately after icing calls, when the skaters on the ice had to stay out there? Those REALLY hurt us, and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff didn't tell them to do that.

I'm not questioning that Bouwmeester is definitely subtracting from the team right now (I'd be willing to try Butler out, even, until Gunnar and/or Borts are healthy again), but I think there's more going on than Yeo expecting Bouwmeester to play like he did 2-3 years ago.

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:00 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:06 am When it’s laid out like this, JBos icetime looks even more ridiculous.

Pietrangelo played like 9:30 on special teams, that's why his ES icetime is unusually low.

Also, how many of those times in the third period were immediately after icing calls, when the skaters on the ice had to stay out there? Those REALLY hurt us, and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff didn't tell them to do that.

I'm not questioning that Bouwmeester is definitely subtracting from the team right now (I'd be willing to try Butler out, even, until Gunnar and/or Borts are healthy again), but I think there's more going on than Yeo expecting Bouwmeester to play like he did 2-3 years ago.
I'm no fan of Bouwmeester (weak shot), but the people filling their diapers and blaming everything on him are really fucking annoying. The whole go berserk after every loss like someone crapped in your Kool-Aid is really fucking old and it is only October.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:11 pm I'm no fan of Bouwmeester (weak shot), but the people filling their diapers and blaming everything on him are really fucking annoying. The whole go berserk after every loss like someone crapped in your Kool-Aid is really fucking old and it is only October.
I mean. He was on the ice for every goal the Jets scored in regulation. On at least 2 of those it could be argued he made a key error that lead to the goal.

While no, not everything is his fault (there is plenty of blame to be spread around)...its hard to not be fed up with the guy at this point.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm no fan of Bouwmeester (weak shot), but the people filling their diapers and blaming everything on him are really fucking annoying. The whole go berserk after every loss like someone crapped in your Kool-Aid is really fucking old and it is only October.
I always hate it when a player who had been sucha big part of your club for years, declines for reasons of injury, health, age, etc, gets ripped to shreads by fans, like he's a piece of shit.
We saw pretty much the same thing with Jackman.
No doubt that Bow is struggling, but trying to come back from a serious injury at his age is no picnic. Maybe he is finished, but he deserves more respect than he's being given.
Jmo

barnburner wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 pm

I always hate it when a player who had been sucha big part of your club for years, declines for reasons of injury, health, age, etc, gets ripped to shreads by fans, like he's a piece of shit.
No doubt that Bow is struggling, but trying to come back from a serious injury at his age is no picnic. Maybe he is finished, but he deserves more respect than he's being given.
Jmo
Count me among those who thought JayBo would have a reduced role this season and a bounce back year.

It's this coaching staff that for some reason will not give the younger players ice time.

barnburner wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Jmo
Player is struggling, player is coming off of injury, player is hurting the team...but we are supposed to just give him an "attaboy" because he may have been a good player years ago? If there's better options, there's better option. They didn't dress him the game before, suddenly he should be out there in the most critical moments? Not how it works.
Just a Russian propaganda account