Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Winnipeg 10/22 - 7:00cst - TV: NHL/FSMW

Beatoni12 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:49 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 pm If the Blues play like the last two games every night, they'll win a lot of games. Jets just a little bit better team, especially at home.
Agreed. Overall, the team played very well in probably the toughest barn in the league.

Heck, replace Bouwmeester with Gunnar and we win in regulation.
Agreed. They’ll win a lot of games and suck balls against better teams like the Jets. Utter shit.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 pm Up 2-0 and 3-1 and then 4-3 late and can’t win. Not great!
That's okay. They sent Winnipeg a message that they'll be heard from.

I felt Blues needed 3 points these past 2 games just to stay afloat and they pulled it off. Based on the previous chaotic play, I didn't expect it and thought Yeo would be history. I'm pleased Yeo has this team back to playing as a structured unit again.

Sanford actually looked good tonight. Kid deserves to stay in lineup...……….my goodness, did I just type that?

Kyrou looks awesome. Wait till he breaks the wall down and starts putting the puck home. Hats off to Timmy, he called it with this kid. I'm impressed with how he looks at the NHL level. Looks like Kyrou is Perron like in that he's adept at playmaking with sniping skill, only that Kyrou has a ton more speed than Perron. And speaking of Perron, he's looking darn good to me in the early going. Much better than his last stint here IMO. Maybe Vegas did him good after all. Perron is looking good.

barcthespark wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:53 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 pm
barcthespark wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 pm This loss is on the coach. His man crush on JBo cost this game.
Who else could he have d played? A rookie or other AHL callup? Definitely not jerkoff, he sucks.
Not the fact that he played. The fact that he played too many minutes and way too many key moments.
The Blues were burned several times by some key icing calls, I wouldn't be surprised if Yeo wanted to swap JBo out, but couldn't.

Edmundson, Bouwmeester, and Parayko all played similar amounts ES, it looks like (Just estimating from the PP and SH breakdowns, it looks like they all played from 16:50 -17:30), and Pietrangelo played almost 10 minutes on special teams, which is why his ES time looks so low.

At this point, I'm really hoping Borts and Gunnar get back soon!