Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Winnipeg 10/22 - 7:00cst - TV: NHL/FSMW

Doug Glatt wrote:Goals off skates go both ways.

I mean Jbo is covering the crease. How many times do people complain about not covering the crease well enough?
I’m not saying he should never be in that area covering the crease. It just doesn’t seem like a good area to be in, in that situation. He’s not covering any specific player, he’s potentially restricting his goaltenders movement, he can’t see what’s going on with the puck (it’s behind him), and therefore can’t anticipate the play. If there was a player in that area that he needed to cover...then sure, by all means be there. But no one was there and he wasn’t watching the play, so what is he doing?

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Doug Glatt wrote:Goals off skates go both ways.

I mean Jbo is covering the crease. How many times do people complain about not covering the crease well enough?
I’m not saying he should never be in that area covering the crease. It just doesn’t seem like a good area to be in, in that situation. He’s not covering any specific player, he’s potentially restricting his goaltenders movement, he can’t see what’s going on with the puck (it’s behind him), and therefore can’t anticipate the play. If there was a player in that area that he needed to cover...then sure, by all means be there. But no one was there and he wasn’t watching the play, so what is he doing?
When in doubt go to the crease.

It was a fluky goal. The blues will get their fair share this season, too.

I think we will disagree on this.

I'll never get upset with a player guarding the most dangerous areas, and a shot behind the goal bounces off his skates.

Blues have the dreaded 2-goal lead going into The 3rd! :naughty: On the road against The Jets. I'll take it. I just hope they don't run out of gas in the middle of the period, from having tried to keep up with The Jets in this fast-skating game. Even though the pace has been continuously broken up by penalties, in between, there were some very long periods without whistles being blown, with end-to-end rushes. I was worried about The Blues' conditioning during their bad play games. I hope they can keep up their energy like they did in Toronto.