Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Winnipeg 10/22 - 7:00cst - TV: NHL/FSMW

Doug Glatt wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:45 pm sure would be nice to get some production from Vladi and Schwartz....
Yea! WTF guys!

I don't know why they both look disinterested. Long season I guess...
I don't think they look disinterested at all; just been covered really well this game. But both have been forechecking and backchecking good I've noticed. Or thought.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Isn't it interesting that The Blues, being competitive in this game, almost doubling The Jets in shots on goal and scoring chances, that they also lead in hits? They were hardly hitting at all in their losses, and had no energy, and looked like they were "lost" on the ice. They look like they know what they are doing know, and seem to be playing with a purpose. I wonder if this change came from Yeo, or just from the players, themselves, getting fed up?

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:32 pm What the fuck is JBo even doing there in that situation? Like I’m no expert at penalty kill positioning for defenseman but that doesn’t seem like a place one would want to be
I'm no expert either, but I'm guessing he was in position to keep the shooter from driving to the front of the net, and to cut off the pass to any Jets player in the slot.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:45 pm sure would be nice to get some production from Vladi and Schwartz....
Yea! WTF guys!

I don't think they look disinterested at all; just been covered really well this game. But both have been forechecking and backchecking good I've noticed. Or thought.
That's why scoring DEPTH is so important. If they spend most of their efforts covering those guys, we need to have guys on other lines to make them pay!

barnburner wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:05 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:32 pm What the fuck is JBo even doing there in that situation? Like I’m no expert at penalty kill positioning for defenseman but that doesn’t seem like a place one would want to be
I'm no expert either, but I'm guessing he was in position to keep the shooter from driving to the front of the net, and to cut off the pass to any Jets player in the slot.
I buy that if the puck isn’t behind the net...when the puck is behind the net, and he’s standing in the crease facing away from the play, there’s no way he can see what’s happening behind him which makes what happened possible. Idk, even Eddy was looking at him like “what’re you doing there dude?”

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:09 pm
I buy that if the puck isn’t behind the net...when the puck is behind the net, and he’s standing in the crease facing away from the play, there’s no way he can see what’s happening behind him which makes what happened possible. Idk, even Eddy was looking at him like “what’re you doing there dude?”
Fair enough.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:05 pm Isn't it interesting that The Blues, being competitive in this game, almost doubling The Jets in shots on goal and scoring chances, that they also lead in hits? They were hardly hitting at all in their losses, and had no energy, and looked like they were "lost" on the ice. They look like they know what they are doing know, and seem to be playing with a purpose. I wonder if this change came from Yeo, or just from the players, themselves, getting fed up?
I'd say a little bit of both is most likely the case; plus this road trip probably created some chemistry and bonding.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 pm
Yea! WTF guys!

Disinterested may be harsh, but these guys are paid lots to score. If they aren't, then they damn well better be fore and back checking.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:09 pm
Goals off skates go both ways.

I mean Jbo is covering the crease. How many times do people complain about not covering the crease well enough?