Petro for McDavid

Curious what you posters think. There was an article on Hockeybuzz about Edmonton making a trade (philosophically) with the top pick, if they end up with it, for a defenseman. It hurts that we don't have a first rounder. I was wondering if this might be a good trade for both sides. It does leave us with a hole on defense, but it gives us a stud franchise center.

Re: Petro for McDavid

hockey jedi wrote:Curious what you posters think. There was an article on Hockeybuzz about Edmonton making a trade (philosophically) with the top pick, if they end up with it, for a defenseman. It hurts that we don't have a first rounder. I was wondering if this might be a good trade for both sides. It does leave us with a hole on defense, but it gives us a stud franchise center.
I would do this straight up right now, tomorrow, the draft, next season after his first full season, etc..etc. and so on and so forth.

I'llBeBackes wrote::lol: That wouldn't even come close to getting the job done
I would say it's not as far away as you state, but you are right, they wouldn't do it straight up. It would probably take a swap of first rounders (which we don't have) and Petro.

hockey jedi wrote:Curious what you posters think. There was an article on Hockeybuzz about Edmonton making a trade (philosophically) with the top pick, if they end up with it, for a defenseman. It hurts that we don't have a first rounder. I was wondering if this might be a good trade for both sides. It does leave us with a hole on defense, but it gives us a stud franchise center.
I'll toss in Petro's Airfare and moving costs.

I'd even give them Steen.

39hurricane wrote:It would take a kings ransom to get the 1st pick. Look what the Nordiques got from Philly for Lindros.

And the Diques/Avs got the cup.

If you want the 1st pick its Petro Schwartz Fabbri and a pick.

Pass
I think we'd have to toss in a goalie too.

39hurricane wrote:It would take a kings ransom to get the 1st pick. Look what the Nordiques got from Philly for Lindros.

Pass
If that's the price, let them keep the pick. How about Cole and ...... oh.... wait.

LrdStnly wrote:

Pass
If that's the price, let them keep the pick. How about Cole and ...... oh.... wait.
Rattie is the new Cole

Berglund, Rattie, and a 3rd

bluetuned wrote:
LrdStnly wrote:

Pass
Rattie is the new Cole

Berglund, Rattie, and a 3rd
Let's not overpay here....