Re: Tarasenko

He got tripped up on a move in the o-zone and fell awkardly. Tried to fight through it, but Hitch had him get it checked out. Per JR and others, he was limping, but walking on his own when he left. Update today most likely coming, although might not be till tomorrow as today is a "CBA scheduled day off' per Lou K.

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 9h9 hours ago
The #stlblues have an off-day tomorrow. It's a mandated CBA off-day.

St. Louis Blues ‏@StLouisBlues 10h10 hours ago
Hitchcock had no update on Tarasenko. Evaluation tomorrow. #stlblues
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Here is update from STLToday Tom T:

"But now there’s a new concern. Vladimir Tarasenko was tripped with 11:52 to go in the third period and went sprawling. He went back on the ice for a shift on the ensuing power play but didn’t look good. When he came off the ice, he did it slowly. He dejectedly took a seat on the bench, then headed back to the locker room. He did not return.

He had a heavily bandaged right leg after the game and was walking with a slight limp. Hitchcock said he’d be evaluated Tuesday."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Do Only Good Everyday"

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:Most likely a stinger, but anytime a hockey player's hinges are in question I worry. His health is imperative.

5on5 pts this season:
1. Hudler CAL 23-32-55
2. Tarasenko STL 28-25-53
I hadn't realized so much of Hudler's production was 5v5. Impressive.

StL Dan wrote:The whole team looks like it's playing not to get hurt. And, when players start playing like that, they usually start getting.....hurt.
I'm not TOO worried about where things are going.

The Blues are going to be in the post season...that's the most important bit to me.

I'm just concerned they can't find the gear if the downshift though.

StL Dan wrote:The whole team looks like it's playing not to get hurt. And, when players start playing like that, they usually start getting.....hurt.
Exactly what I was talking about with the guy sitting next to me at the game last night.

bluetuned wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:Most likely a stinger, but anytime a hockey player's hinges are in question I worry. His health is imperative.

5on5 pts this season:
1. Hudler CAL 23-32-55
I hadn't realized so much of Hudler's production was 5v5. Impressive.
Career year at 31 years of age, on a "meh" team? Very impressive.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
bluetuned wrote:

5on5 pts this season:
1. Hudler CAL 23-32-55
I hadn't realized so much of Hudler's

production was 5v5. Impressive.
Career year at 31 years of age, on a "meh" team? Very impressive.
Outscoring a kid prodigy on a cup-contending team? Yeah, i'd say it's impressive
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

From his agent on Twitter:

"Vladimir Tarasenko was examined. A lower body injury, doesn't require significant treatment. We may even see him again in the regular season!"

At least that's how it translated into English. If he doesn't play again until the playoffs, it is going to be tough to hang on to second in the division.

MIZDSP wrote:From his agent on Twitter:

"Vladimir Tarasenko was examined. A lower body injury, doesn't require significant treatment. We may even see him again in the regular season!"

At least that's how it translated into English. If he doesn't play again until the playoffs, it is going to be tough to hang on to second in the division.
Yeah, I saw that yesterday but I'm not going to put a lot of thought into it. Not overly encouraging if he has to miss the rest of the regular season but we should get an update on Tarasenko after practice today - probably within the next 2-3 hours. I'm more interested in what the Blues have to say about Tarasenko's injury.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:JR on Twitter saying Hitch calling him day to day, will be ready for playoffs. Hitch then said that all injuries at this point will be called day to day no matter the extent.
Thanks, coach.
:roll:

StL Dan wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:JR on Twitter saying Hitch calling him day to day, will be ready for playoffs. Hitch then said that all injuries at this point will be called day to day no matter the extent.
Thanks, coach.
Right, at least he said that he expects everyone to be ready by the playoffs...that is what is most important.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
Thanks, coach.
Right, at least he said that he expects everyone to be ready by the playoffs...that is what is most important.
I assume by "ready" he means "healthy." It would be awesome if everyone was actually ready.