Re: ESPN has jumped the shark, now covering WWE

CaptSMRT wrote:ESPN is in the business of making money, and wrestling fools will throw money at you for the chance to see guys in their panties hugging.
Only thing they are missing are some christian zealots.

Christians throw money at anything christian-ish-related as well (from my personal perception)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:ESPN is in the business of making money, and wrestling fools will throw money at you for the chance to see guys in their panties hugging.

Christians throw money at anything christian-ish-related as well (from my personal perception)
Nah, Christianity is nowhere near as lame as soccer, arena football, televised poker and lacrosse.

ESPN sucks for a lot of reasons but not this and not for showing people playing poker either.

The idea to show the WSOP was a great idea after seeing how many people were watching the WPT on the Travel Channel. It was a no brainer to constantly show it after they found out replays of poker matches (with the results online weeks, maybe months in advance) were getting better ratings than live NHL games. No reason to cover hockey when you can just show a replay of guys playing cards. It probably cost next to nothing to produce an hour of poker compared to a hockey game.

I don't think ESPN is in the business of showing wrestling highlights long term. Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey are hot right now. Both were involved in the biggest wrestling event of the year. Nothing wrong covering things that are trending world wide, imo.

I'm sure ESPN would cover the NHL better if Bettman and his lackeys would figure out how to actually market the product to bring in the casual fan. Hockey players are a boring group to begin with and the NHL is terrible at promoting anyone with charisma.

If I was in charge of ESPN I'd be showing replays of guys sitting around playing cards and interview Brock Lesnar over showing NHL scores too.

StL Dan wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:

Nah, Christianity is nowhere near as lame as soccer, arena football, televised poker and lacrosse.
Soccer and Arena Football are awesome.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:Oh my gay.

Pathetic. People, the results of the matches ARE SCRIPTED.

Soo fucking dumb. Poker, wwf, kids baseball...

Espn is a JOKE now.
Some of the ridiculous penalties called in an NHL game leads one to think that they are scripted.
Touche'
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

barnburner wrote:ESPN lost credibility with me a long time ago.
It's been years since I tuned into one of their programs.
They provide nothing you can't find somewhere else, and generally other sources are much better.
Their 30 for 30 series is on a level by itself as far as sports documentaries go. I haven't seen one I do not like. E60 is a good program as well.

Other than that, it is all garbage.

Battra wrote:
StL Dan wrote:quote="Ozzies09tc"

Nah, Christianity is nowhere near as lame as soccer, arena football, televised poker and lacrosse./quote

Soccer and Arena Football are awesome.
I like diving too.......into swimming pools.

Battra wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
I like diving too.......into swimming pools.
How a hockey fan could complain about diving.....

I don't get it. :)
Ya, there are a few turds on the ice that are drama queens, but it doesn't happen nearly as often or egregiously as it does on the pitch. Those guys are wankers.

What makes this even funnier is that it's not an exaggeration:

[youtube][/youtube]