Re: OT: Music Monday

Here's one of my favourites, as I was partly a Chicago boy. I hope you don't mind Jimmy Rogers liking Chicago a little more than St. Louis ("Chicago Bound"). The break with Little Walter Jacobs' mouth harp solo is like going to Heaven:
[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Robb_K on Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Apparently I am stumped by modern technology again. I tried to upload a YouTube video by placing the URL between the [YouTube] beginning and ending video brackets, and not only did I not upload the video to this thread, but it didn't even form a live link to the YouTube page! Can someone please help me out?

Robb_K wrote:Apparently I am stumped by modern technology again. I tried to upload a YouTube video by placing the URL between the [YouTube] beginning and ending video brackets, and not only did I not upload the video to this thread, but it didn't even form a live link to the YouTube page! Can someone please help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=829

It didn't. It's only Sunday 11:00 here, even now. I didn't realise we were only allowed to post music on Mondays. Not very often that I have a lot of free time. But, every once in a while I look at OT threads.

I noticed a music thread. I used to work for Motown for 10 years, and I'm a big collector of R&B/DooWop/Soul/Gospel/Blues and Jazz 1935-1969, - especially from Detroit and Chicago. So, I felt I HAD to comment on Rare Earth's remake of a great Temptations' song.

JMC-STL wrote:How did it get to be Monday where you are, Robb? :?
Robb_K wrote:It didn't. It's only Sunday 11:00 here, even now. I didn't realise we were only allowed to post music on Mondays. Not very often that I have a lot of free time. But, every once in a while I look at OT threads.

I noticed a music thread. I used to work for Motown for 10 years, and I'm a big collector of R&B/DooWop/Soul/Gospel/Blues and Jazz 1935-1969, - especially from Detroit and Chicago. So, I felt I HAD to comment on Rare Earth's remake of a great Temptations' song.
Even in this topsy turvy, no-holds-barred, call-em-as-you-see-em O.T. Forum, we must exercise a modicum of control or there would be COMPLETE chaos. You could've waited for Tune Tuesday, or held off 'til Swing Saturday, or been a trendsetter with a new "Soul Sunday" thread. If you're gonna dance with this crowd, you've gotta bring the moves. 8-)

My favorite version of Rooster. Love Cantrell on the guitar here and Layne was deep in the throws of his heroin addiction. Without a doubt, this was my generation of music and AIC was my favorite band from that era.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

From the comments...now we know for sure what we are 'singing' :)

João Lucas
2 years ago
Lyrics:

Ôi orôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi ohrorô popô
Yôi orôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi ohrorô
Popô

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Boumpô

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Tatrrrepôtetretrepiecôã-é-é-ô-hã-hén-Hén
Ôi trégueregué-dôi detêro deguedô
A tataro teguereguedaw
Teguereguedêro dêdow ô-éhr-ôhr-êhr-êhr-áhr-ó
Hé hã he how

Ãi erêrãi rãrãrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi ohrorô popô
Yôi orôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi ohrorôm
Pompô

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Popô

Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

UaaahuHahaha... Eee hi hi hááá
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pm

From the comments...now we know for sure what we are 'singing' :)

João Lucas
2 years ago
Lyrics:

Popô

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Boumpô

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Ôi trégueregué-dôi detêro deguedô
A tataro teguereguedaw
Teguereguedêro dêdow ô-éhr-ôhr-êhr-êhr-áhr-ó
Hé hã he how

Ãi erêrãi rãrãrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi ohrorô popô
Yôi orôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi rôrôrôi ohrorôm
Pompô

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Popô

Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

UaaahuHahaha... Eee hi hi hááá
Oh myrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh
Oranges orphanrootrootobium rhododisro
Popo

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Boumpo

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Oh trégueregué-de-deformed
A tataro teguereguedaw
Teguereguedêro godow o-éhr-hr-êhr-éhr-áhr-ó
Hé he he how

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz
Raspberry orrootrootrootrootrootrootrootobium rotor
Pompo

Aaaah aaah aaah aaah
Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

Popo

Uuuh oooh oooh ooooooooh

UaaahuHahaha ... Eee hi hi

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:59 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pmFrom the comments...now we know for sure what we are 'singing' :)
I had that album! I always thought Thijs van Leer was simply trying to pass a kidney stone. :o
:lol:

I wish I sounded that happy when passing a stone....mine sounds more like a primal scream or something from pantara ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

So obviously my music interests are varied, and I go from classic/hard rock to Latin to R&B and pretty much anything in between...just no country outside of 'outlaw country'. Love @8tracks because get to hear so many new artists and/or songs wouldn't hear on Pandora or radio. This tune is one of them that I heard on 8tracks.com that I just freaking love. Great voice, and she has several good songs. Honestly surprised they aren't on the radio:

(video version)

(live version...cool guitar solo on this version, and get to see how real her freaking voice is...wow.)
"Do Only Good Everyday"