Re: Patrick Kane appears close to returning

MiamiLaw wrote:Did anyone really think he wouldn't be back for the playoffs? The Hawks have some of the best luck in hockey the last 8 years or so. They'll have a rested Kane ready to go and that spells another first round loss for the Blues, who are already in April form the way they're playing lately, if they were to meet.
We were told he'd likely miss Round 1.

Robb_K wrote:
MiamiLaw wrote:Did anyone really think he wouldn't be back for the playoffs? The Hawks have some of the best luck in hockey the last 8 years or so. They'll have a rested Kane ready to go and that spells another first round loss for the Blues, who are already in April form the way they're playing lately, if they were to meet.
We were told he'd likely miss Round 1.
Yea I know and he still might. I was being more tongue in cheek than anything. Knowing the Blues luck, he'll come back rested right in time for round 1 vs the Blues, which may be starting in Chicago the way this is going...

I would not be surprised at all if Kane is ready to play by Game 1 of the 1st round...or at least sometime during that 1st round series. After his injury happened, all sorts of people talked of a broken clavicle being a 6-8 week injury. Then a day or two later the Hawks announced he's be out 10 weeks.

I've figured there was always a good possibility he would be back in 6-8 weeks and that the Hawks were just being conservative so as to not put undo pressure on Kane to rush his recovery but to also allow for the possibility of a "surprise" shot in the arm for the team if/when he was able to return sooner than the 10 week estimate.

According to math, the Blues have a 59% chance of playing the Hawks in the 1st round.
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/West ... Louis.html

With the Blues luck though, I think it's fairly safe to say that that's probably closer to 90% and that Kane will me healthy. :) These stat formulas done account for certain franchises being cursed. ;)