Re: Confirmed: Blues Trade for ROR

JR: According to @CapFriendly, the Blues have $8.4 million in cap space. They still have to sign 5 RFAs (Fabbri, Jaskin, Sundqvist, Edmundson, Schmaltz).

Could they still be in on a winger like Maroon? Army says it's possible, but they'd have to get creative. #stlblues

GET CREATIVE

Sundqvist can kick rocks by the way.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:JR: According to @CapFriendly, the Blues have $8.4 million in cap space. They still have to sign 5 RFAs (Fabbri, Jaskin, Sundqvist, Edmundson, Schmaltz).

Could they still be in on a winger like Maroon? Army says it's possible, but they'd have to get creative. #stlblues

GET CREATIVE

I now have a feeling they are going to be signing Maroon.

NHLTIM wrote:There has to be more moves coming. I want more...i want all that old shit out of here. I'm praying that one of Steen or Jaskin is next. This has been long overdue.
Steen to San Jose for a 2nd+ Prospect. Sharks struck out on everyone and Steen could probably be coaxed to go play in Northern Cali. :D

BluesSK wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:JR: According to @CapFriendly, the Blues have $8.4 million in cap space. They still have to sign 5 RFAs (Fabbri, Jaskin, Sundqvist, Edmundson, Schmaltz).

GET CREATIVE

I now have a feeling they are going to be signing Maroon.
Hope you are right.

GET CREATIVE

Imagine if we could get rid of Steen and/or Bouwmeester - grab Neal or trade for Skinner and you are in business! How's that for creative... haha

barnburner wrote:Still questionable in regards to a making the playoffs, but it's now a solid team up front.

Does Army have a goaltender in his bag of tricks?
This is a playoff team unless the injuries are catastrophic. I know everyone is down on Allen and I am too to a degree, but the whole team fell apart after December not just Allen.

ratonmono wrote:
barnburner wrote:Still questionable in regards to a making the playoffs, but it's now a solid team up front.

This is a playoff team unless the injuries are catastrophic. I know everyone is down on Allen and I am too to a degree, but the whole team fell apart after December not just Allen.
If Allen finds the magic that keeps his head in games, that'd be nice.

ccfan22 wrote:

GET CREATIVE

Imagine if we could get rid of Steen and/or Bouwmeester - grab Neal or trade for Skinner and you are in business! How's that for creative... haha
If we can drop Steen and get Neal instead, for basically just a million more (he wants $6/year), that'd be solid. But I don't want Maroon for Steens $$$. Both Maroon and Neal play with an edge and tough, but Neal is a way better overall player.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Cotton McKnight wrote:
ratonmono wrote:

Agreed. Though I do think his issues are a bit overblown by Blues fans. Most goalies outside of the very elite are pretty up and down.

Wow, just saw this on USA Today. Haven't read the thread yet to see the reactions but this is a great deal. I love it. Bravo DA!! The 2 draft picks is all we gave up IMO. Didn't have much hope for TT and its addition by subtraction with Bergs and Sobie. I'll say it again - Bravo DA!!

ratonmono wrote:
Cotton McKnight wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
Agreed. Though I do think his issues are a bit overblown by Blues fans. Most goalies outside of the very elite are pretty up and down.
It's easy to get lost in your own head out there, someone needs to work on that with him, not the Brodeur working with him, but someone that can work on his mentality and concentration. He has the fundamentals of goaltending, but that gets lost when he's not focused. Until that mental bit gets fixed, he's gonna be shakey Jakey.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Tyler Bozak is now the 3rd line center which is FAN FREAKING TASTIC.

This completely changes the outlook of the entire lineup.

And to do it without having to move Parayko, Kyrou, or Thomas is huge.

Props to Stillman for stepping up and paying the 7.5 signing bonus to allow this trade to happen.

How does that work? Are the Blues actually paying him 15M the first year?

ratonmono wrote:
Cotton McKnight wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
Yeah, a lot of goalies are inconsistent, but when Allen has been bad the last two years, he has been embarrassingly bad, to the point that it guts the team in front of him.

BillP wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:IF the Blues can sign Maroon now, I'll be pretty stoked.

Sobotka and Berglund cancel out ROR's salary so hopefully they have some room for him.
Sounds like his price is high, but some muscle w/ skill added to the lineup would be a serious move.
I don't disagree if the term is right - it seems like reports were he was looking for 3 or 4 years. I think his body holds up reasonably for 2 more, wouldn't go any more than that on term.