Re: NHL Draft Weekend

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
BillP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Bennett for the #29....lets do it

Your such a Dunn fan. Seriously? I don't think I'd trade him for Bennett...…….
He meant our pick from WPG, its #29

Thanks for clarifying. Makes more sense. In that case, I endorse the move. I like it.

NHLTIM wrote:
Mud wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Bennett for the #29....lets do it
God no. Not for what Bennett has [not] shown to date.
Change of scenery plus he's got some sandpaper to his game
Just give something like Barbashev straight up; swap guys who've allegedly got potential and haven't shown it and might benefit from a change of scenery, unless you *really* don't think you can find a better guy than Bennett at 29 tonight.

I think we can.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:If the Blues still owned this pick, who would you take?
With Dellandrea off the board, I would have taken Farabee as well
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Pronman

13. Dallas Stars: Ty Dellandrea
Center, Flint-OHL

July 21, 2000 | six-foot | 185 pounds

Dellandrea’s a good skater who can build speed well going through the neutral zone. He’s very powerful at full speed with a strong frame that is hard to contain when he drives to the net or tries to beat a defender to the outside. Dellandrea can make a skilled play to get a zone entry, showing the odd flash of higher level skill, and has above-average vision. His shot is heavy and he can finish chances when he gets them. Dellandrea also is a quality defensive center who can kill penalties well and take critical draws. Coaches will love his versatility.

Pronman’s take: Dellandrea got better as the season went along to where I had a good feeling he was going to go in the first round. Dallas gets much needed center depth. Dellandrea isn’t dynamic, but he’s very good at everything. He has second-line center upside with value at both ends. He’s probably a 3C, but he has skill and, if he keeps trending like he has, he could hit that higher echelon.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Listening to the draft on NHL radio and the guy on their was shocked Dellandrea went so high. He said he had him projected as a 3rd line Center and this is telling him that they feel he has 2nd line ability. He said we'll just have to wait and see.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Lou: If the #stlblues keep their pick at No. 29, Doug Armstrong said yesterday they would not look particularly for a need, per say, but what they deem to be the best available player.
Well that best player at #29 is probably Ryan Merkley

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Lou: If the #stlblues keep their pick at No. 29, Doug Armstrong said yesterday they would not look particularly for a need, per say, but what they deem to be the best available player.
Well that best player at #29 is probably Ryan Merkley
High risk, high reward. I like it.

BillP wrote:Listening to the draft on NHL radio and the guy on their was shocked Dellandrea went so high. He said he had him projected as a 3rd line Center and this is telling him that they feel he has 2nd line ability. He said we'll just have to wait and see.
Stars future Captain

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP wrote:Listening to the draft on NHL radio and the guy on their was shocked Dellandrea went so high. He said he had him projected as a 3rd line Center and this is telling him that they feel he has 2nd line ability. He said we'll just have to wait and see.
A lot of reports had Robert Thomas listed as a bottom 6 center last year as well.
Just a Russian propaganda account