Re: Playoff Open Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
T.C. wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:I’d post a picture, but as I was once kicked off of a forum for posting less inappropriate stuff I figured I shouldn’t haha
can't really see anything anyway, but still pretty funny.
If you go into the comments under the video you can.
got it, haha

Cotton McKnight wrote:Well congrats to the Caps, wonder what 8 is going to do now...
I was actually wondering this same thing. Now that he's got what he craves, what time of player is he going forward...

Those Russians, man.
I actually think he (and the Caps) will be pretty motivated to repeat after watching rival Pitt do it. I thought they may pass on Carlson, trade a core piece, etc. if they had flamed out again. Now, my guess is they go all in for a repeat.

Cujo's Mask wrote:
Cotton McKnight wrote:Well congrats to the Caps, wonder what 8 is going to do now...
I was actually wondering this same thing. Now that he's got what he craves, what time of player is he going forward...

Those Russians, man.
I actually think he (and the Caps) will be pretty motivated to repeat after watching rival Pitt do it. I thought they may pass on Carlson, trade a core piece, etc. if they had flamed out again. Now, my guess is they go all in for a repeat.
I could see that. I think they may move Grubauer, and maybe a depth piece or two, but I think you're right. Now that Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Oshie, Ovi, etc have all tasted the Cup...they want it again.

MattyIce wrote:
wannabebluesplayer wrote:I saw that when I was watching live. Laughed my ass off. Wife did too. I asked if she'd ever do it if the Blues won, she said hell no.
I'll press my balls against the glass
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm literally tearing up in my office.

When a Vegas hooker presses her tits against the glass, it's hot. If a St. Louis hooker from S. Broadway pressed her tits against the glass, there wouldn't be enough Lysol in the world to clean that plexiglass.
LMAO....

As long as there's enough Lysol to clean up after Dread's balls, we'll survive :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

NHLTIM wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:who is thee on the Caps that we can realistically trade for or get as a FA (enter my obsession with a SC winning player to be on the Blues ;) )?
John Carlson, Jay Beagle....maybe DSP...I think he might be a UFA..not sure.
I'd love to get Beagle or Smith-Pelly for our 4th line.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

wannabebluesplayer wrote:I saw that when I was watching live. Laughed my ass off. Wife did too. I asked if she'd ever do it if the Blues won, she said hell no.
If the Blues ever play in a cup-winning game, I'm switching to radio-only!

RAFritchey wrote:
If the Blues ever play in a cup-winning game, I'm switching to radio-only!
And not watch the game on TV??

Well the Caps finally did it. It looked like they were faltering in the first round against Columbus but they totally turned things around.

I'll always like that '98 team more though with Adam Oates, Peter Bondra, Joe Juneau, Brian Bellows, Richard Zednik, Chris Simon, Sergei Gonchar, Phil Housely, Dale Hunter, Konowalchuk, etc. etc. And of course Olie the goalie, Olaf Kolzig!

I grew up watching hockey in the 80s & it was a FAR better version with more scoring, fighting, hitting, etc. I can never forget the tension between Chris Simon & Joey Kocur was so high the entire series. Simon DARED Kocur to fight him!

To me hockey today is a totally watered down product. I couldn't even get into the Golden Knights!??! Is that a junior team?? :lol:

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:53 pm
BillP wrote:
wannabebluesplayer wrote:
Vegas took full advantage of a broken expansion system and fleeced some very bad GMs. I wouldn't say their better though. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is McPhee's first trip to the Cup Finals. Also, please remember that many of the Knights are having career seasons no one saw coming. Did anyone expect Karlsson to score 40+ goals? He had scored like 11 in the last two seasons combined. Marchessault had already come out of no where, but to get him and Smith from Florida because Florida's GM was dumb enough to protect two very mediocre defensemen isn't really McPhee's genius showing, but more Tallon's idiocy. Fletcher was fired from Minnesota. I give credit to Vegas for finding the right mix of players, but let's not act like McPhee is this guru hockey mind. All GMs have to get their teams through a transitional phase or two in the salary cap era. Armstrong has made some bad trades or signings but he's also made good ones along with establishing a good amateur scouting and drafting group who has found some gems in later rounds. Let's give Vegas another year or two before judging because I'd be willing to be they'll make some absolutely stupid moves as well.
I'm pretty sure it's McPhee's 2nd. He was with the Caps in 98 I believe when they played Detroit in Finals.
According to wiki, he was a part of the '94 finals with the canucks which lost to the rangers.

According to caps fans, he was gifted the team that went to the finals built by poile.

As a caps fan myself, after watching mcphee screw that roster over and over and over to never get over the hump (ahem sounds familiar) i dont expect vegas to stay a playoff centender after this year.
Sure, it's a bit "premature" but the stats show teams out of playoffs by turkey day stay out of them, and while what vegas had was magical last year, they're gonna be cellar dwellers for atleast 5 years (IMO)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!