Dogg Cherry

[youtube][/youtube]

does anyone get any enjoyment/amusement/education/value out of these? how much money do you think the NHL spent on this angle of promotion? what's the net return? meaning, how many non-NHL fans will now watch because of these vs. how many existing NHL fans will not watch because of these?

Re: Dogg Cherry

I’m a fan, so I enjoy it. And how do any of us know who’s going to be a fan, and what will inspire them to be fans or even players. I know many of us don’t get it, but identification is a real thing. If someone who looks like us shares that they enjoy a certain activity, sport, music, career, etc., it opens up more opportunities, especially in a society like ours.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

of course, that's why i'm asking what your thoughts are on this marketing angle. like, i wonder if we gained any new fans during the "it's lit" guy's 15 minutes of fame? how many are still watching?

also, snoop seems to only marginally understand hockey, even with scripts. but, after the DJ they hired for the all-star thing, i'm not surprised.

T.C. wrote:of course, that's why i'm asking what your thoughts are on this marketing angle. like, i wonder if we gained any new fans during the "it's lit" guy's 15 minutes of fame? how many are still watching?

also, snoop seems to only marginally understand hockey, even with scripts. but, after the DJ they hired for the all-star thing, i'm not surprised.
Never know...or maybe we will in ten years during the 2028 draft when some prospect will say this was the video that turned them on to hockey ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

“A wook is a hippie without any ambition, motivation, or drive other than drugs and image. They're generally in their twenties, college students (or dropouts) at small-town liberal colleges (such as Appalachian State University) and dependent on an income other than their own.

Wooks tend to travel in packs, they smell strongly of patchouli and are in constant search for free drugs. One of the defining characteristics is an excessive amount of unkempt hair, usually in dreadlocks. ”
Just a Russian propaganda account

HighStick wrote:Maybe Poop Log can drop some more F bombs for the kids of the NHL.
Remember he did that 2 or 3 times during the All Star weekend.
I cant believe they used him again.
but he's a perfect role model. was a member of the crips, arrests for cocaine, guns, murder, lewd acts with underage girls, and of course marijuana. do all that and still get rich & succeed. who wouldn't want him as the face of an ad campaign?

The point of this is quite clearly not to get the people like us, who are already big hockey fans, into hockey. Its pretty clearly targeted at a different demographic than what I imagine we are. It doesn't really matter if we think its ridiculous.

Now, with that said, I have no idea if this is actively an effective marketing strategy for the NHL, and if having Snoop Dogg "endorse" the product will actually make the market they're trying to target more likely to watch hockey.

Also, poop log? Come on, we can come up with better jokes than what Mike Huckabee tweeted :lol:

White people love snoop dog more than black people at this point, I'd imagine.

His gang banger image is long gone, he spends more time with Martha Stewart than on the streets now.

The NHL has been absolutely lapped by the NBA at this point. You're not going to get viewers away from that sport and over to NHL. That ship has sailed. Pump up your casual hockey fan, not trying to get someone you'll never get.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:White people love snoop dog more than black people at this point, I'd imagine.

His gang banger image is long gone, he spends more time with Martha Stewart than on the streets now.

The NHL has been absolutely lapped by the NBA at this point. You're not going to get viewers away from that sport and over to NHL. That ship has sailed. Pump up your casual hockey fan, not trying to get someone you'll never get.
I'm sure it's a small minority of both whites & blacks because Snoop was big in the early to mid 2000s but not so much anymore.

Your NBA/NHL comment reminded me of a Sports Illustrated cover in 1994 when the Rangers were Cup bound. It said "Why the NHL is hot and the NBA is not". I'm sure the NBA is still bigger but I bet both sports have lost viewers since then because now we have a zillion other distractions with cellphone, tablets, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

The way I see it the glory days of ALL sports are long gone! Basically all 4 major sports were better in the 70s, 80s, & at least some of the 90s.