Re: Thorburns present $20,000 check to local special needs teacher

Dave's a mess wrote:
Glad this thread has descended into ripping a guy for helping raise $25,000 for kids with cancer. Re-think your life choices. :roll:
Re-think what you read. If Petro really cared he could've let hard working average people keep their hard earned money & he could've given the kid FIVE times as much & Petro would never have felt it!

The issue is GREED in sports. You know who else through the years has criticized players' greed in pro sports? Wayne Gretzky, Joe Buck, Bob Costas, & Magic Johnson among others!

FederkoSutterHunter wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:
Glad this thread has descended into ripping a guy for helping raise $25,000 for kids with cancer. Re-think your life choices. :roll:
Re-think what you read. If Petro really cared he could've let hard working average people keep their hard earned money & he could've given the kid FIVE times as much & Petro would never have felt it!

The issue is GREED in sports. You know who else through the years has criticized players' greed in pro sports? Wayne Gretzky, Joe Buck, Bob Costas, & Magic Johnson among others!
Every famous person needs to needs to have a press release for every charitable donation they make, got it. You're still ripping a guy for helping raise money for kids with cancer. I won't participate in this argument anymore, but feel free to take the last word.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
FederkoSutterHunter wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:

Every famous person needs to needs to have a press release for every charitable donation they make, got it. You're still ripping a guy for helping raise money for kids with cancer. I won't participate in this argument anymore, but feel free to take the last word.
Is someone on this sports forum, where if I had to bet, the average user on here probably spends at least $200 cash plus hundreds of hours on a fucking game to be entertained, complaining about fans spending their “hard earned money” on a charity to help kids with cancer, because they somehow got duped by a players plea for help?

Interesting. /
"Do Only Good Everyday"

barcthespark wrote:This kind of petty bickering in a thread about a positive subject is something I'd expect on the stltoday forum, not here.

Now cut the shit and act like the grownups we claim to be on this forum. If you want to bicker about this subject, start a thread about it on the other forum.
Apologies to the board for my role. The Thorburn story is great, as are the other similar stories over the years. As penance I will rewatch the third period highlights of the Blues blown 3-0 lead against Nashville.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!