Re: Hitch quits

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Hard to believe the Stars would have hired him if they knew he was gonna call it quits after one year...
Yeah, I don't think they were planning to have 3 new head coaches in 3 seasons. Now we need to figure out a way to get Yeo to quit as well.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Painful season. Not a big fan of his unimaginative and antiquated style as applied in the '10s, but you can't argue with the body of work.

If Yeo is to be canned (and I don't think he will be) then it needs to be done sooner than later, because they'll be competing with Dallas in the hiring game. Sutter going to the Stars?

lmao...sorry, and I know he's 'staying on' in an advisory role, but with all that talent in Dallas, you got to think there'd be more than just a coach retiring as part of the overturn.

We complain as Blues fans, but my god, no way with the forwards they have should they have been that bad. Obviously goaltending was among the worst in the league (as I predicted, Bishops injuries again caused issues) and their D ain't the best, but man...please send TS our way if your looking for a rebuild!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dallas did seem to improve quite a bit this year over last. Their goal differential went from -39 to +10, they went from 15 points out of a playoff spot, to 3 points out, and their goaltending was actually much better this year than last (Granted, that's a VERY low bar there!). They've got some great top-end forwards, but their defense after Klingberg is neither dynamic offensively nor rock-solid shut down defensively, but kind of so-so in both areas. Also, like the Blues, they don't have the second and 3rd line scoring to keep pressure up.

Dallas had only 7 players with 9 or more goals, none of them defensemen. Colorado had 12, two of them defensemen (St. Louis had 9, one of them a defenseman). Was that because of the coaching/system? The lack of talent? The disappearance of Jason Spezza?

It also may be a prelude to wooing John Tavares to Dallas, too. They'll have Lehtonen, Hamhuis, and Roussel coming off the books this Summer, freeing up about $11.65 mil in cap space even BEFORE the cap goes up, so they could have a TON of money to throw around, and Hitch isn't exactly thought of as a 'player's coach,' especially not for free-wheeling, high-scoring forwards, with his emphasis on tight structure and team defense first and foremost. They could try to entice Tavares by telling him he'll have a say in who HE wants to be the next coach.

bradleygt89 wrote:lmao...sorry, and I know he's 'staying on' in an advisory role, but with all that talent in Dallas, you got to think there'd be more than just a coach retiring as part of the overturn.

We complain as Blues fans, but my god, no way with the forwards they have should they have been that bad. Obviously goaltending was among the worst in the league (as I predicted, Bishops injuries again caused issues) and their D ain't the best, but man...please send TS our way if your looking for a rebuild!
The Blues showed the league how to stop Jamie Benn. When he comes on the ice, assume the position of a toilet and he'll sit out his shift. Brilliant tactical strategy by our captain.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:lmao...sorry, and I know he's 'staying on' in an advisory role, but with all that talent in Dallas, you got to think there'd be more than just a coach retiring as part of the overturn.

The Blues showed the league how to stop Jamie Benn. When he comes on the ice, assume the position of a toilet and he'll sit out his shift. Brilliant tactical strategy by our captain.
Captain Possum has learned his lesson though, and promises to just play hockey from now on ;)
possum hockey.jpg possum hockey.jpg Viewed 14138 times 11.4 KiB
"Do Only Good Everyday"

MattyIce wrote:You will be missed. Here are just a few of my favorite Hitch moments:
AP090206045396-copy.jpg
BARBELL.png
CgV_03jWEAI9B2p.jpg
FEDORA.jpg
FINGER.jpg
All you need for this montage is Sarah McLachlan singing "I Will Remember You".

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Hard to believe the Stars would have hired him if they knew he was gonna call it quits after one year...
Yeah, I don't think they were planning to have 3 new head coaches in 3 seasons. Now we need to figure out a way to get Yeo to quit as well.
Hitch said Yeo would be a good coach in waiting (/s), the Stars are just waiting for us to fire Yeo.

RAFritchey wrote:Dallas did seem to improve quite a bit this year over last. Their goal differential went from -39 to +10, they went from 15 points out of a playoff spot, to 3 points out, and their goaltending was actually much better this year than last (Granted, that's a VERY low bar there!). They've got some great top-end forwards, but their defense after Klingberg is neither dynamic offensively nor rock-solid shut down defensively, but kind of so-so in both areas. Also, like the Blues, they don't have the second and 3rd line scoring to keep pressure up.

Dallas had only 7 players with 9 or more goals, none of them defensemen. Colorado had 12, two of them defensemen (St. Louis had 9, one of them a defenseman). Was that because of the coaching/system? The lack of talent? The disappearance of Jason Spezza?

It also may be a prelude to wooing John Tavares to Dallas, too. They'll have Lehtonen, Hamhuis, and Roussel coming off the books this Summer, freeing up about $11.65 mil in cap space even BEFORE the cap goes up, so they could have a TON of money to throw around, and Hitch isn't exactly thought of as a 'player's coach,' especially not for free-wheeling, high-scoring forwards, with his emphasis on tight structure and team defense first and foremost. They could try to entice Tavares by telling him he'll have a say in who HE wants to be the next coach.
I hate to say it, but Dallas has a much stronger chance to land JT without Hitch.