Re: GDT: Blues @ District 5 Mighty Ducks - 9:00 - FSMW - 3/12

BillP wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:Hmm...maybe Schmaltz is good?
I was thinking that earlier, hes been solid this game. Still question his longer term value, but he does show some flashes. Maybe injury this season and getting readjusted to nhl was his reason for blah few games. Hope he keeps improving!

Perfect post. Both you guys dismissed my comment about Schmaltz having game.

News flash ---- DO NOT TRUST BLUES AND THEIR EMPLOYMENT OF KIDS. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!

I'll say it again. The kid has Shattenkirk ability but is a much more fluid, quicker skater. The IQ offensively is there. Definitely 2nd pairing starter potential in his future.
Phew! It had been a few minutes since Bill crapped all over Armstrong. Glad to know Bill is still with us ;) .
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:Hmm...maybe Schmaltz is good?
I was thinking that earlier, hes been solid this game. Still question his longer term value, but he does show some flashes. Maybe injury this season and getting readjusted to nhl was his reason for blah few games. Hope he keeps improving!

News flash ---- DO NOT TRUST BLUES AND THEIR EMPLOYMENT OF KIDS. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!

I'll say it again. The kid has Shattenkirk ability but is a much more fluid, quicker skater. The IQ offensively is there. Definitely 2nd pairing starter potential in his future.
He hasn’t been consistent, either due to his play, injuries he’s had, or full roster on D that he couldn’t break.

Also keep in mind the whole team is playing with more confidence, it’s contagious :)

Could he develop into a top four? Possible. Ian Cole won two Stanley Cups. Anything is possible ;)
Last edited by bradleygt89 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dave's a mess wrote:
BillP wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:

Phew! It had been a few minutes since Bill crapped all over Armstrong. Glad to know Bill is still with us ;) .
Don't get me started on Doug. Yeah boys, we suck, take the post-season off, we got no shot - nice! ;)

That was a very entertaining hockey game. They did a ton of things well. So I guess it falls in line with the Blues' MO. You can't effectively kick your fans in the balls unless you give them hope. Regardless of where they end up, did anyone really doubt this team would show signs of life at some point?

Also, Vince looks special. I'm not sure how he will defy the gods of Blues hockey and avoid the Parayko plunge in subsequent seasons, but for now, he is really fun to watch. The dude does all the little things that are so important but don't show up on the score sheet. For example, when they were hemmed in deep in the zone and he lobbed the puck - under extreme pressure - far enough to get a line change but not hard enough to get an icing whistle... that's a very difficult play to make, and it was badly needed. Little stuff like that is what often separates good players from great players (not to mention the cross-ice pass to set up Tarasenko on a partial break). And a final note on Vince... he makes your typical rookie mistakes, but he doesn't get rattled and usually manages to overcome them. He pinched in too far on one play, but then caught up from behind to break up a 2-on-1. Another time he coughed up the puck exiting the zone and fought his way back into the play. If I'm not mistaken, the pass he made to Tarasenko came after making a shaky play followed by a solid recovery. By all means, I expect something disrupt his trajectory toward greatness, but for the moment I'm enjoying the show.

insideout wrote:That was a very entertaining hockey game. They did a ton of things well. So I guess it falls in line with the Blues' MO. You can't effectively kick your fans in the balls unless you give them hope. Regardless of where they end up, did anyone really doubt this team would show signs of life at some point?

Also, Vince looks special. I'm not sure how he will defy the gods of Blues hockey and avoid the Parayko plunge in subsequent seasons, but for now, he is really fun to watch. The dude does all the little things that are so important but don't show up on the score sheet. For example, when they were hemmed in deep in the zone and he lobbed the puck - under extreme pressure - far enough to get a line change but not hard enough to get an icing whistle... that's a very difficult play to make, and it was badly needed. Little stuff like that is what often separates good players from great players (not to mention the cross-ice pass to set up Tarasenko on a partial break). And a final note on Vince... he makes your typical rookie mistakes, but he doesn't get rattled and usually manages to overcome them. He pinched in too far on one play, but then caught up from behind to break up a 2-on-1. Another time he coughed up the puck exiting the zone and fought his way back into the play. If I'm not mistaken, the pass he made to Tarasenko came after making a shaky play followed by a solid recovery. By all means, I expect something disrupt his trajectory toward greatness, but for the moment I'm enjoying the show.
The whole defensive corp played well tonight. They were putting on pressure and joining the play. This has been lacking for a long time. Schmaltz looked solid last night and Parayko was actually shooting the puck. Thumbs up for the effort last night.