Re: GDT: Blues vs Buffalo - 6:00 - FSMW - 2/3

barnburner wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:This run that Carter Hutton is on is nothing short of amazing. His numbers are unreal
Yeah, talk about character. Allen has a big game in his opportunity, sends people to talking about him going back to #1, then Hutton steps up and says, "Just a minute....."
As Dread mentioned earlier in a reply to my post, I think we are lucky to have two very good goalies going this time of year. Hutton is playing the best of any goalie in the NHL right now, as Allen acknowledged after the Boston game, and Allen has been very good most of the season, just with very little offensive support. I think if both goalies can play like they did the last two games, we'll go further in the playoffs than most expect. But we need our scorers to score. Then again, Lehner played one hell of a game last night for the Sabres. Props to him as well.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: GDT: Blues vs Buffalo - 6:00 - FSMW - 2/3

It's easy to say over the last two games the Blues have had 66 shots and only scored 2 goals.

Granted, Tuukka Rask is a consistently excellent goaltender, and Robin Lehner seems like the kind of goalie that, when he's 'on' and not injured, can be REALLY tough to beat, entirely capable of stealing a game, or going on a hot streak.

Still, one more top-6 scorer, especially one with some grit, size, and/or toughness, would go a LONG ways to solidifying our playoff chances.