Re: GDT: Blues vs Buffalo - 6:00 - FSMW - 2/3

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Stats via Lou Korac

Carter Hutton is 4-0-0 with a 1.23 goals-against average and .953 save percentage lifetime against the Sabres.
If Hutton wasn't so 'old' at 32 and had some real playoff experience, you'd almost be tempted to run with him as your #1. I just cannot think of him as more than a great backup, whom like Elliott can play strong for good periods of time, but then crashes hard back down to backup reality.

Allen has been working his butt off to earn the net again, and I got a feeling he's going to go on another hot streak soon.

LSS, goaltending really hasn't been our teams issue. Lucky to have two very good netminders. Need more offense, and stronger back-checking.

Let's Go Blues!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Stats via Lou Korac

Carter Hutton is 4-0-0 with a 1.23 goals-against average and .953 save percentage lifetime against the Sabres.
If Hutton wasn't so 'old' at 32 and had some real playoff experience, you'd almost be tempted to run with him as your #1. I just cannot think of him as more than a great backup, whom like Elliott can play strong for good periods of time, but then crashes hard back down to backup reality.

Allen has been working his butt off to earn the net again, and I got a feeling he's going to go on another hot streak soon.

LSS, goaltending really hasn't been our teams issue. Lucky to have two very good netminders. Need more offense, and stronger back-checking.

Let's Go Blues!!!
What it boils down to for me is the Blues potentially have two very good goaltenders, as the Penguins have proven previously, that's not a bad thing. I think we get caught up too much in labeling one a number 1 and one a backup. Hutton has been the best goalie in hockey, hard not to roll with him. It does concern me that he's never played more than 40 games in a season before though.
Just a Russian propaganda account

The Blues rank 4th for fewest goals allowed per game.
They rank 19th in goals scored per game.
An extra goal every three games would bump us up to 7th in goals scored per game.

Granted, there's a lot more to being a competitive playoff team than just averages across a whole season, but it seems a little more offense would go a LONG way to making us more of a contender.