Re: 2018 STL Blues Trade Deadline Thread

39hurricane wrote:I am kind of surprised you guys are counting on Fabbri. I just think he's not going to be able to come back. If he does, great! But I'm not saving a roster spot for him.

Bouw just had his third kiddo, he's not waving his NTC. Although I wish he would.

I'm ok with trading Kostin, Walmann, and or Schmaltz. I am not ok with trading Thomas or Kyrou.

Buffalo MTL and Ottawa seem like likely trade partners. Maybe Arizona or Edmonton from the west. Zack Kassian, Panik, I dunno

I really wish we could do something to get Nick Bjugstad out of Florida.
I have zero expectations for Fabbri being a productive NHLer again.

bradleygt89 wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
RAFritchey wrote:Well, Vegas being a legit contender changes the trade deadline market SIGNIFICANTLY, since they would otherwise have quite a few players that would make excellent 'rentals' for a team making a run. That tightens up the market a LOT, IMHO, and raises asking prices significantly.I honestly don't think there's a deal to be made out there this year, without seriously over-paying.

I also think a lot of people on this board are WAY over-valuing our prospects (Kyrou and Thomas are going to be regular 30-40 goal scorers? Dunn is going to put up 45-50 points a season like Shattenkirk did?) While I like the looks of our prospects overall, not all of them are going to be top-6 forwards in the league, at least not on a Stanley Cup caliber team. And even some of those will take YEARS to reach their potential. Remember how many people were calling to get rid of Pietrangelo for years, even last year saying we needed to get rid of him because he was only our 3rd best defenseman after Parayko and Shattenkirk?

I honestly, sadly, don't think Fabbri is going to recover from two seasons lost to injury. I think he'll be lucky to be a decent pro at the NHL level, maybe a 3rd line journeyman, and could still have a decent career, but I don't count him in the top-6 anymore.

And why are people still so hot to get rid of Berglund? I know he's a frequent whipping boy, but he's usually (and currently) on a 20 goal/82 game pace, and for a $3.85 mil cap hit, it'd be hard to do better for a 2nd-3rd line scorer. Steen I could KIND of see, I still think he's going to be a 15-20 goal, 50 point guy with strong defense for a few more years, though I think he's signed for a bit too long. I also think Allen's 'mental problems' are overstated, and think he can still get better, too. He's only 27, and it's not unusual for goalies to really start breaking out in their late 20's.

I honestly don't think there'll be a good deal to be made this year, since any player that could help us would cost WAY more than anything we'd care to give up. Maybe some people will call that another failure for Armstrong, but most of those same people would probably call any deal he DID make a failure, anyway.
I don't think anyone thinks Kyrou or Thomas will be 30-40 goal scorers.
giphy huckleberry.gif
Seriously, yeah, I would place $ on that bet that IF Thomas and Kyrou develop together with the Blues, we'll have our next Schwartz/Tarasenko at least, or Oshie/Backes at worst: Maybe not 30-40 goals each every year, but I'd see those two combining for over 60 goals and 120 points consistently and they should eventually (19/20-20/21) be among our top two forwards.

As to Berglund, he should be MORE than just a borderline 20 goal scorer. He has the size to be strong 2-way player who can hit, but he just ain't got the consistent drive. I don't mind the deal, is what it is, but he's just IMHO the most frustrating Blues player I've personally ever watched.

Allen, I still believe in him. He'll be fine...he's a goalie, they are weird and quirky and temperamental. But he's got the skills, and he has shown he can have long consistent stretches to run a long playoff series.
I'm still on the Allen train.

39hurricane wrote:I am kind of surprised you guys are counting on Fabbri. I just think he's not going to be able to come back. If he does, great! But I'm not saving a roster spot for him.

Bouw just had his third kiddo, he's not waving his NTC. Although I wish he would.

I'm ok with trading Kostin, Walmann, and or Schmaltz. I am not ok with trading Thomas or Kyrou.

Buffalo MTL and Ottawa seem like likely trade partners. Maybe Arizona or Edmonton from the west. Zack Kassian, Panik, I dunno

I really wish we could do something to get Nick Bjugstad out of Florida.
Fabbri was either rushed back by the team or himself (more like himself) and he's got a lot to prove physically. He's got to take his training and rehab very seriously. The kid can absolutely shoot the puck but it means nothing if he can't retain his quickness.

I doubt Bouwmeester would just waive his NTC, however I doubt he makes his home here when he's done with hockey, no matter where his kid was born. Besides, he's the best left handed defenceman we have.

I'd trade Edmundson for the right deal. Dunn is gaining experience and confidence and he'll be cemented into the top four next year IF he keeps working at it.

Dunn / Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester / Parayko
Bortuzzo / Schmaltz

I'd love to see Schmaltz up here for an extended period. I think he's earned the shot.

BillP wrote:I'd hate to subtract toughness off this team. I don't want a soft team.
too late.
insideout wrote:Hope for some team to be desperate enough to trade for Bouwmeester.... even if they need to retain some salary. From there, any moves (or lack thereof) should be with next year in mind.
^^ this please.

also, a tip/request: if you're going to quote someone here only to make a comment about a couple sentences, it is possible to delete the non-relevant parts of their post so we don't have excessive super-long quotes. example:
BluesSK wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote: Allen, I still believe in him. He'll be fine...he's a goalie, they are weird and quirky and temperamental. But he's got the skills, and he has shown he can have long consistent stretches to run a long playoff series.
I'm still on the Allen train.
thanks,
MGMT

Just wondering, is there any Blues fan out there that would of worked out a trade package of Petro for Taylor Hall? I'm referring to last years deal break down when Shatty refused the deal to Edmonton. If you were Armstrong, would you of worked up a new deal with Petro to get a guy like Hall here? At the time he had 4 more years at 6M per year which is great value for a talent like that. I'd be very much tempted to not let Hall go after being that close in acquiring him. Just wonder if anyone else out there would of entertained that thought.

BillP wrote:Just wondering, is there any Blues fan out there that would of worked out a trade package of Petro for Taylor Hall? I'm referring to last years deal break down when Shatty refused the deal to Edmonton. If you were Armstrong, would you of worked up a new deal with Petro to get a guy like Hall here? At the time he had 4 more years at 6M per year which is great value for a talent like that. I'd be very much tempted to not let Hall go after being that close in acquiring him. Just wonder if anyone else out there would of entertained that thought.
No. I like Hall, but we'd get caved in without Petro. I imagine plenty will disagree with me though
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
BillP wrote:Just wondering, is there any Blues fan out there that would of worked out a trade package of Petro for Taylor Hall? I'm referring to last years deal break down when Shatty refused the deal to Edmonton. If you were Armstrong, would you of worked up a new deal with Petro to get a guy like Hall here? At the time he had 4 more years at 6M per year which is great value for a talent like that. I'd be very much tempted to not let Hall go after being that close in acquiring him. Just wonder if anyone else out there would of entertained that thought.
No. I like Hall, but we'd get caved in without Petro. I imagine plenty will disagree with me though
No way I do that deal with Petro. Hall is very good, but I don't trade Petro for him, and Petro is cost controlled for several years. You cannot replace a hole by making an even bigger hole somewhere else.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

SpacemanSpiff wrote:Pietrangelo is a number one defenceman in the NHL. Shattenkirk? Not so much.

I read an interesting article about Austin Matthews and how the Leafs should entertain the thought of trading him before he starts pricing others out in Toronto.

Would you trade Pietrangelo for Matthews straight up?
Holy Cow heck yeah!!!! You'd have to give up more in that deal if you were the Blues IMO.

SpacemanSpiff wrote:I read an interesting article about Austin Matthews and how the Leafs should entertain the thought of trading him before he starts pricing others out in Toronto.

Would you trade Pietrangelo for Matthews straight up?
Offensively one of the best players in hockey for the next decade and defensively dominant number one center?

Every. Damn. Day.

Pipe dream but it's a hell of a trip. Fortify the right side D by adding another top four and that'd be one of the best core groups St. Louis has ever had.

The good - we'd be getting a big center capable of dominating a game.

The bad? Word is he'll be asking for McDavid money on his contract. That's why some people are advocating trading him now - get a mint for him before he costs 12 million a year....

So, the summer of 2019 is when he's a RFA. What would the starting price be?

A number one defenceman, a roster player, a prospect, and a first round pick?

Ozzies09tc wrote:
T.C. wrote: thanks,
MGMT
Pet Peeve? Or forum-managing related?

Just cusious...never managed a forum
T.C.'s forum hosting company charges by the number of characters.

So hey T.C. for what you said the other day................

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That just cost you a nickle MF :lol: :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:
T.C. wrote: thanks,
MGMT
Pet Peeve? Or forum-managing related?

Just cusious...never managed a forum
T.C.'s forum hosting company charges by the number of characters.

So hey T.C. for what you said the other day................

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That just cost you a nickle MF :lol: :twisted:
There's a bunch of characters on here. :roll: