Re: How many Blues fans does it take?

Turk Sanderson wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:The Parker Brothers are calling their lawyer from their graves right now, Turk.
Just trying to help them keep up with the times...the original is getting a little stale.
Expect a knock at the door in the coming days.

God's will be done!
I got 500 views on this joke...which is pretty good considering...500 is a lot.

Why do we say we caught an illness anyway...to catch implies that you intentionally try to procure something that isn't in your possession.... like a ball, an animal, a taxi ride, a criminal (if you're a cop), etc... bad shit catches you...it's just that simple. Instead of saying "I caught a cold", we should say "a cold caught me"....when the coppers pinch a thief, he doesn't say "Shit! I caught the Police".

If a guy catches a case of the crabs, is this the scenario?... He was standing on the street corner, waiting for the light to change, when a delivery truck rounds the corner and a box falls off right into his arms.... on the side of the box is stamped CRABS. He says to himself "Oooh seafood!" He runs off into the nearest alley and opens it up...nothing. He kicks it, stomps on it, and goes on to work. By that afternoon he's walking around the office scratching his crotch something fierce. He goes to his doctor after work to find out what's going on, and the doctor says "You've caught a case of the crabs", to which he replies."so what, there wasn't anything in it!"

Turk Sanderson wrote:Why do we say we caught an illness anyway...to catch implies that you intentionally try to procure something that isn't in your possession.... like a ball, an animal, a taxi ride, a criminal (if you're a cop), etc... bad shit catches you...it's just that simple. Instead of saying "I caught a cold", we should say "a cold caught me"....when the coppers pinch a thief, he doesn't say "Shit! I caught the Police".
Why doesn't anyone ever catch a cure?

CaptSMRT wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Why do we say we caught an illness anyway...to catch implies that you intentionally try to procure something that isn't in your possession.... like a ball, an animal, a taxi ride, a criminal (if you're a cop), etc... bad shit catches you...it's just that simple. Instead of saying "I caught a cold", we should say "a cold caught me"....when the coppers pinch a thief, he doesn't say "Shit! I caught the Police".
They claim that they "got over it". If a bug hitches a ride on you...and makes you feel like shit for a week...and then leaves... I'd say he got over on you.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
They claim that they "got over it". If a bug hitches a ride on you...and makes you feel like shit for a week...and then leaves... I'd say he got over on you.
Love is a sickness, and the cure is marriage.

CaptSMRT wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
Love is a sickness, and the cure is marriage.
You should make that into a Valentine card, and send it to your favorite dwarf sex contractor.

CaptSMRT wrote:Belief vs reality is the modern human struggle...for instance...I believe onion rings are a vegetable, my cholesterol level believes they are a gateway to arterial sclerosis. I believe I am attractive...women believe something different. Belief is not dependent on reality.
It's not a lie, if you believe it...
George Costanza

Turk Sanderson wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:Belief vs reality is the modern human struggle...for instance...I believe onion rings are a vegetable, my cholesterol level believes they are a gateway to arterial sclerosis. I believe I am attractive...women believe something different. Belief is not dependent on reality.
It's not a lie, if you believe it...
George Costanza
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche