Re: Kovy anyone?

Maybe, but the league would probably award New Jersey with Tarasenko in response to us signing Kovy. :lol: :cry:
Seriously though, I think he'd be an awesome addition to this team if he chooses to return but I doubt he'd come to STL.

Turk Sanderson wrote:Looks like the exodus is about to start.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/repor ... y-2016-17/
I read something that all 30 owners have to vote to allow him back or else he is forced to skip a season--I'm wondering if this is a possibility.

On one hand, having Kovy is good for greater good (marketability) of the league--even if I disagree with the league's marketing strategy of advertising superstars rather than teams (similar to the NBA).

On the other hand, those teams playing NJ 4-6 times per season probably don't like the idea of having another elite player opposing them for 5% of their games.

I guess we shall see.

Anton Chigurh wrote:
I read something that all 30 owners have to vote to allow him back or else he is forced to skip a season--I'm wondering if this is a possibility.

On one hand, having Kovy is good for greater good (marketability) of the league--even if I disagree with the league's marketing strategy of advertising superstars rather than teams (similar to the NBA).

On the other hand, those teams playing NJ 4-6 times per season probably don't like the idea of having another elite player opposing them for 5% of their games.

I guess we shall see.
I thought it was both the 30 owner vote and the staying out for a year because he retired.

I say fuck that guy.

FUCK

THAT

GUY.

Don't let him back.

He made his choice, I say let him rot in the KHL. There are plenty of players that WANT to play in the NHL. Kovy is all about the money and showed that by "retiring" then signing a huge contract back home. Now things don't look so good in Mother Russia and he wants to come back? Oh Hell NO!

To quote Battra:

FUCK

THAT

GUY

Battra wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:

I guess we shall see.
I thought it was both the 30 owner vote and the staying out for a year because he retired.

I say fuck that guy.

FUCK

THAT

GUY.

Don't let him back.
I agree, I wish he would get blackballed.

Battra wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:

I guess we shall see.

I say fuck that guy.

FUCK

THAT

GUY.

Don't let him back.
Ah yes, that's right. I forgot that part of the details.

I'm with you though.

Anton Chigurh wrote:

I guess we shall see.
To me, if the owners are smart.... they would block his return. Show the players what happens when you attempt to chase the money and "retire"...

I am all for blocking!

Blues14 wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:He couldnt be any worse than having porter and bergy on your wing....
He would be when you consider he will be asking for big money and won't play defense or forecheck
Contract wise, fair enough, but jaskin can do the forechecking and defense and stas has the defense.

Most expensive 3rd line in hockey, instead of the most irrelevant 3rd line in hockey...
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

T.C. wrote:if the kovy that scored 7 goals in the young stars game returns, everyone should look out. mostly because that means someone has invented a time machine and we're about to see some serious shit.
This is fucking funny..it made me :lol:

Battra wrote:
rcbcmr wrote:Makes me think its a good time to add two teams to the league.
Agreed.

There's at least 46 players over in the KHL and AHL that could people two teams.
"People" being used as a verb....there's no end to what young uns will come up with these days....it must that Doc Emrick influence...

Qapod The Mortician wrote:
Battra wrote:
Agreed.

There's at least 46 players over in the KHL and AHL that could people two teams.
"People" being used as a verb....there's no end to what young uns will come up with these days....it must that Doc Emrick influence...
LOL, it's just Batts being Batts...

Qapod The Mortician wrote:
Battra wrote:
Agreed.

You've never heard that?

I don't think it's new.

Hockey Pete wrote:
Qapod The Mortician wrote: "People" being used as a verb....there's no end to what young uns will come up with these days....it must that Doc Emrick influence...
LOL, it's just Batts being Batts...
Are you intending by that utilization of an obscure colloquialism to imply that my sanity is not up to scratch?

Battra wrote:
Qapod The Mortician wrote:Makes me think its a good time to add two teams to the league.
Agreed.

You've never heard that?

I don't think it's new.
Actually I had heard it, it's just been awhile. Being an older feller, I'm not exposed to a lot of the expressions and stretches of grammar that have come along in the last 20 years. As long as my daughter was living at home I kept up a lot better back then, in fact I did really well. When she moved out I no longer bothered to try to keep up. My poor old high school grammar teacher, god rest her hefty, hefty soul, must have rolled over in her grave millions of times by now with the way things have changed. Me, I'm finding myself just fighting not to grandpa my way into the role of the "hey you kids stay off my lawn" guy.