Allen in net tomorrow

According to the Blues Twitter. Interesting...he played very well and I think "earned" this start against the Wings, but I feel Ells is still gonna be our number 1 when the playoffs roll around and wish they would play Elliott to help him get his confidence back.

Re: Allen in net tomorrow

bluetuned wrote:We're definitely going to use Elliott in the playoffs. If they don't then the coaching staff really is completely lost on how to handle these guys. I know that's a popular opinion among trolls but Hitch and Co. have to be smarter than that.
Exactly, which is why I was personally hoping Ells would start this game. Sure, Allen played excellent and everything but we need to get Ells back on track IMO

I like both Goalies but I go who is playing well ,Right now, Allen is Playing well right now,so keep giving Allen the starts and ride him till he stops ! If Allen has a Bad game put Elliott back in and if he gets Hot ,keep playing him.I like going with the Hot Hand.

MissouriMook wrote:The Blues have just one more back-to-back from this point forward so the answer may be that they want him to have a full week of rest before they play him 7 or 8 of the last 8.
I was thinking the same thing. I highly doubt they have lost any confidence in him.

rudy4u51 wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:The Blues have just one more back-to-back from this point forward so the answer may be that they want him to have a full week of rest before they play him 7 or 8 of the last 8.
I was thinking the same thing. I highly doubt they have lost any confidence in him.
He's a handful of days removed from breaking the team shutout record. I think fans look for more meaning than their usually is behind these moves.

bluetuned wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:
He's a handful of days removed from breaking the team shutout record. I think fans look for more meaning than their usually is behind these moves.
Yeah I don't think the Blues have lost confidence in Elliott at all, but it's St. Louis. We're always going to second guess the goalies, probably even after they (maybe) manage to win a cup one day. Among St. Louis fans there's always a large segment that only plays the goalie blame game.
Hell I even find myself second guessing our goalies at times. There's always something holding me back from totally getting on board with our starter. :lol:

He has deserved it for the most part. He over committed a couple times here and there that got him out of position but I have loved watching him play goal here lately. He seems very confident and in control.
I think it's a good thing to give Elliott a breather before the playoffs. Unfortunately Elliott has shown after 4+ games in a row he starts to lose it a bit. I just want to see this team play confident an entire game for a few game stretch before we hit the playoffs. We always seem to be going in to the playoffs with the leaders of the team saying "we've done X well in a few games and Y well in a few games, we just need to put it together in game 1". If they wait till game 1 to "try" and put it together I think it's too late.

I've been one to express confidence in Elliott and feel he is ready to be the guy, but I would be neither disappointed nor ashamed if we went all Millen/Wamsley on the SCP and used both guys to get tot the promised land. That type of situation is no longer the ideal, but you do whatever it takes to win 16.

If Moose needs to play to get his confidence back then then it's going to be a short playoff run!
If it's fatigue then it's going to be a short playoff run!

I hope it's just a Quick hiccup and is over for good!

Speaking of Quick he has had a few rough stretches this year but they know he will be nails in the playoffs. I wish we could feel that way about our goalies.

bluetuned wrote:We're definitely going to use Elliott in the playoffs. If they don't then the coaching staff really is completely lost on how to handle these guys. I know that's a popular opinion among trolls but Hitch and Co. have to be smarter than that.
I would agree with that mostly.

However if Allen plays tomorrow like he has the last 2 games, and continues that play. I think it makes things interesting.