Re: Petro on IR

Well this is a big opportunity for Schmaltz. I've been hard on him but he's having a great year in Chicago. If he can prove he's able to contribute at the NHL level it can only mean good things for him and the Blues.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:Well this is a big opportunity for Schmaltz. I've been hard on him but he's having a great year in Chicago. If he can prove he's able to contribute at the NHL level it can only mean good things for him and the Blues.
San Antonio I believe...
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:Well this is a big opportunity for Schmaltz. I've been hard on him but he's having a great year in Chicago. If he can prove he's able to contribute at the NHL level it can only mean good things for him and the Blues.
San Antonio I believe...
Gotta love our crazy AHL situation. Being down our best D-man and one of our best forwards does not bode well for us. This Tampa Bay game tonight should be interesting to see how the team comes out in the 1st period.

bradleygt89 wrote:
San Antonio I believe...
Same thing. I mean they're right next to each other on the map :oops: .
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Lineup? I will guess:

Bouw - Parayko
Eddie - Bortuzzo
Gunnar - Schmaltz

I don't like pulling Dunn out but no way are they going to line up two rookies on the same pairing. And I don't think they would put Schmaltz on the second pairing either.

blueslifer wrote:Lineup? I will guess:

Bouw - Parayko
Eddie - Bortuzzo
Gunnar - Schmaltz

I don't like pulling Dunn out but no way are they going to line up two rookies on the same pairing. And I don't think they would put Schmaltz on the second pairing either.
Dunn has been playing too good IMO to come out of lineup now.

Remember this is Yeo, not Hitch. He'll play whomever he thinks is best for game, not as much experience from what I've noticed. I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either Schmaltz moved to 2nd pairing, or matched with Dunn. We'll see in a few hours :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Both these tweets about Petro...

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Don't believe this to be too serious, he could be back as early as Sunday at Winnipeg although obviously depends how he feels then.... but sounds like just a week or so...

Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford
Yeo says Pietrangelo is day to day and team doesn’t expect it to be long-term. #stlblues

So looks like it will probably just be this week, and that Schmaltz is likely here for insurance.