Jaskin and Paajarvi

Jasin has 10 points this year, one shy of his total from last year. He's quietly been a good depth player for us this year IMO. He's obviously not going to be Marian Hossa like Hitch once said, but if he can put in 10ish goals and 30+ points playing on the 3rd/4th line for a minimal salary thats really not too bad.

Paajarvi on the other hand has gone the opposite direction. Played his best hockey of the year last year and now he doesn't seem to contribute anything. Hate that he's playing on the third line most nights.

Re: Jaskin and Paajarvi

Paajarvi needs to be waived at this point and just give one of the young guys a continuous shot. How much worse could it really be? Berglund could definitely benefit from a couple different wingers.

Jaskin has shown his usual flashes, but seems to be playing a better possession game this year. His best hockey has really been with Brodziak and Upshall and I think on most nights, that's a pretty good 4th line to roll out. Offers up some much needed depth scoring and good possession/defensive responsibilities. Upshall just needs to stop with the useless penalties. Provide energy without the carelessness.

wannabebluesplayer wrote:Paajarvi needs to be waived at this point and just give one of the young guys a continuous shot. How much worse could it really be? Berglund could definitely benefit from a couple different wingers.

Jaskin has shown his usual flashes, but seems to be playing a better possession game this year. His best hockey has really been with Brodziak and Upshall and I think on most nights, that's a pretty good 4th line to roll out. Offers up some much needed depth scoring and good possession/defensive responsibilities. Upshall just needs to stop with the useless penalties. Provide energy without the carelessness.
I wanted the Blues to waive Paajarvi and keep Prosser as a trade chip but they didn't listen to me. :lol:

Jaskin has a career in the NHL. Whether that is with the Blues or not, I believe he does.

I'm ok with what Jaskin provides but still wish there was more from him. Paajarvi needs to go play in the Swiss league and he can take Beau Bennett with him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:I'm ok with what Jaskin provides but still wish there was more from him. Paajarvi needs to go play in the Swiss league and he can take Beau Bennett with him.
I think we would have been better off going with what we had, Megan, Blais, Barbashev...

Than going out and getting Bennett and Thorburn.

RW, right handed shot, depth on this team is so thin. Unfortunately, Gunnar, MPS, and a third will not get you very much.

39hurricane wrote:Jaskin had a nice game today. I'm noticing more and more his skating is way too hunched over forward. Guy needs to get his head up, move his feet more efficiently. He looks like the way Backes used to skate, which is not quick by any means.
...I'm noticing more and more that he's getting results ...maybe this is just who he is :lol:

39hurricane wrote:Jaskin had a nice game today. I'm noticing more and more his skating is way too hunched over forward. Guy needs to get his head up, move his feet more efficiently. He looks like the way Backes used to skate, which is not quick by any means.
I thought today was his best game in the NHL. I always thought he was a decent forechecker but he was winning puck battles and making good reads all over the ice this afternoon. I can't help but wonder if Hitchcock got in his head and messed up his confidence, because his development had stalled out, and it seems like it's taken off since Yeo took over.

blueslifer wrote:
I thought today was his best game in the NHL. I always thought he was a decent forechecker but he was winning puck battles and making good reads all over the ice this afternoon. I can't help but wonder if Hitchcock got in his head and messed up his confidence, because his development had stalled out, and it seems like it's taken off since Yeo took over.
He's getting more opportunity to be out on the ice with better linemates. That's my biggest beef about the Blues, let the kid play consistently with some time on the 2nd and 3rd lines and give him some PP time. How can you tell what I guy can really do if you only play him 8 minutes a game on the 4th line here and there and that's pretty much how he's been treated.........he's still not getting consistent ice every game. Yeo's starting to warm up to him but it's still a work in progress. Blues better stick with Jask and roll with this kid now and see what he's got cause chances are he might have more game in him than what Kostin will end up having. Just sayin.............

This has got to Paajarvi's last season with the Blues, one of the prospects later this year or next year will take his spot. It sucks that Sanford had to get injured for so long I wanted to see what he could bring to the third line. I think they should bring up Barbashev and put him with Bergs and Blais. I like Thompson but he should continue to season in the AHL for now.

Even though I've never been a fan of Jaskin I think the Blues should definitely keep him as a 4th liner, he's perfect in that role. His chemistry with Upshall and Brodz is really good too.