Re: Analysis

BluesSK wrote:I can't believe we are discussing how much better we would be with Sanford and Berglund returning.
The Sanford talk is pretty funny.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:
BluesSK wrote:I can't believe we are discussing how much better we would be with Sanford and Berglund returning.
Hey, as long as there isn't a strong draft in the arena to knock him off the puck Sanford might pan out on the third line.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Hey, as long as there isn't a strong draft in the arena to knock him off the puck Sanford might pan out on the third line.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one
KA-KAW!

NHLTIM wrote:
I'm on the other side here, as I think Sanford might turn into a player. I think he's got the hands and head that should lead to some good production.

Beatoni12 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
I'm on the other side here, as I think Sanford might turn into a player. I think he's got the hands and head that should lead to some good production.
Yeo was stating how much stronger he was on the puck just prior to him being injured. If we get that guy back he will most certainly improve the third line. He's got a lot more skill and smarts than some of our other options.

NHLTIM wrote:
Give me Sanford over Paajarvi/Jaskin/Sundqvist any day of the week.

Sundqvist has 6 points in 45 NHL games. Sanford, with all the issues he had getting knocked off the puck and everything, still managed almost as much production (5 points) in 13 games with us last year.

Hopefully once Berglund is back Sundqvist doesn't see the ice again. But Sobotka-Berglund-Sanford (assuming we find someone to take Sobotka's current spot in the top 6) will be a much better 3rd line than what we're currently rolling out there.

Just my opinion, the second line is more the problem. Stastny,steen,etc is the main issue. Luckily stastny will be gone next year. Unfortunately we have 4 more years of Steen. That Steen contract will be an albatross close to Lehtera in a year.

Unfortunately, the blues pipeline is still a year+ away from being impact players.

RegDunlop wrote:Just my opinion, the second line is more the problem. Stastny,steen,etc is the main issue. Luckily stastny will be gone next year. Unfortunately we have 4 more years of Steen. That Steen contract will be an albatross close to Lehtera in a year.

Unfortunately, the blues pipeline is still a year+ away from being impact players.
Am I the only one who sees Steen floating?

CaptSMRT wrote:
RegDunlop wrote:Just my opinion, the second line is more the problem. Stastny,steen,etc is the main issue. Luckily stastny will be gone next year. Unfortunately we have 4 more years of Steen. That Steen contract will be an albatross close to Lehtera in a year.

No, I've seen it. The one that stuck out to me was when Pavelski got the 1st goal of Gm 6 in the must win for the Blues. If Steen hustles on that play, game remains scoreless.

[youtube][/youtube]

CaptSMRT wrote:

No, I've seen it. The one that stuck out to me was when Pavelski got the 1st goal of Gm 6 in the must win for the Blues. If Steen hustles on that play, game remains scoreless.

[youtube][/youtube]

Management has some important decisions coming next year barring a trade. Kryou, Thomas, Musil, kostin, Thompson all pushing for spots. Have a feeling one of them + Walman will be on the move tho. No 1st round picks to trade...

BillP wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Floating, or playing on a broken foot?

RAFritchey wrote:
BillP wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
Floating, or playing on a broken foot?
IMO floating. If you can't play 100% in a must win playoff game then you don't belong out there. IMO Steen was caught watching the play instead of playing the play.

An All Russian 3rd line of Kostin/Barbs/Jaskin

Blues have more North American players on Defense than they do on Offense

6 NA's on Offense and 7 North American players on Defense.

Side note --- they'd have 8 on Offense if Fabbri and Sanford were on team.

Bottom line --- Blues have a healthy dose of European talent on their team.