Re: Final roster set

Turk Sanderson wrote:Beau Bennett thrown to the Wolves... Bergy's on the trip, I wonder if he's ready???
Korac just tweeted that Bergy isn't quite ready yet. He's going to be re-evaluated after the trip.

They don't have to call anyone up until Thursday when they play, so might as well save some cap space in the meantime. I hope the give Kostin a shot. He scored again today for the Rampage (Blais also scored).

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Beau Bennett thrown to the Wolves... Bergy's on the trip, I wonder if he's ready???
Korac just tweeted that Bergy isn't quite ready yet. He's going to be re-evaluated after the trip.

They don't have to call anyone up until Thursday when they play, so might as well save some cap space in the meantime. I hope the give Kostin a shot. He scored again today for the Rampage (Blais also scored).
I know +/- can be a controversial stat but I believe Kostin is leading the team in that category.

blueslifer wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:

I know +/- can be a controversial stat but I believe Kostin is leading the team in that category.
It is Kostin time!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

UMSLBlues12 wrote:http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf ... griff.html

Here’s an article with highlights from that Rampage game. Good to see Kostin isn’t afraid to go to the middle of the ice, and that he’s stayed healthy.
yeah, I'm really excited about this kid and hope he gets a shot soon.

Per JR's reply to my tweet, he feels it may be Barbashev, but he qualifies it is "just a guess":

Jeremy Rutherford
@jprutherford
1h1 hour ago
Replying to @bradleygt89
My guess, just a guess, would be Barbashev. Army said they wanted to give him a couple weeks in the minors to work through some things. It'll be a call up though, it won't be Berglund. The call-up probably won't happen until Thursday for cap reasons.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:

Here’s an article with highlights from that Rampage game. Good to see Kostin isn’t afraid to go to the middle of the ice, and that he’s stayed healthy.

Per JR's reply to my tweet, he feels it may be Barbashev, but he qualifies it is "just a guess":

Jeremy Rutherford
@jprutherford
1h1 hour ago
Replying to @bradleygt89
My guess, just a guess, would be Barbashev. Army said they wanted to give him a couple weeks in the minors to work through some things. It'll be a call up though, it won't be Berglund. The call-up probably won't happen until Thursday for cap reasons.
I think his guess is bang on.

BluesSK wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:

Jeremy Rutherford
@jprutherford
1h1 hour ago
Replying to @bradleygt89
Just curious why you say that, Barbs isn't exactly tearing it up in the minors on the stat sheet.

blueslifer wrote:
BluesSK wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:

Jeremy Rutherford
@jprutherford
1h1 hour ago
Replying to @bradleygt89
Just curious why you say that, Barbs isn't exactly tearing it up in the minors on the stat sheet.
He might not be tearing it up statistically, but he's probably the most well rounded player we have down there at this time. I haven't seen any of his AHL games this year, so if someone has, please correct me but I would imagine he is one of the most well rounded players down there. He'll also likely be motivated after being sent down, which I see as more of message to him that he isn't guaranteed a spot on this team and he has to work to earn that spot every day.

I would like to see Kostin up here but I trust the coaching staff and management when it comes to this type of stuff.

I think there are basically two options here: 1. Call up Kostin, put him on Stastny-Steen line and have Sobotka breath some life into the 3rd line. 2. Call up Barbashev/Megan and throw them on the 3rd line and keep Sobotka on the 2nd. Obviously the Kostin option is the most exciting, but I wouldn't mind him taking most or all of the year to polish off his game in the AHL. Megan would be the least exciting move, but would also be fairly Blues-y, particularly if its a short term move before Berglund comes back.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:I think there are basically two options here: 1. Call up Kostin, put him on Stastny-Steen line and have Sobotka breath some life into the 3rd line. 2. Call up Barbashev/Megan and throw them on the 3rd line and keep Sobotka on the 2nd. Obviously the Kostin option is the most exciting, but I wouldn't mind him taking most or all of the year to polish off his game in the AHL. Megan would be the least exciting move, but would also be fairly Blues-y, particularly if its a short term move before Berglund comes back.
This is why I agree with Rutherford's guess. I think they want Kostin to really get to know the North American game unless he totally lights it up and is ready. Barbashev has been playing in NA since juniors and is probably the best option available.

Also with Kostin, I imagine the Blues would prefer to keep him in the AHL so that he can go to the WJC at the end of next month. I assume he would be a shoe-in to make the Russian squad, and that obviously would be a great developmental experience for him.

bradleygt89 wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Per Blues twitter:
Sammy Blais has been recalled. ...I guess he's still under warranty.
MPS or sundqvist sits? Either way, Happ for extra competition until Berglund gets back.
Isn't Steen banged up? I thought that was the reason why they called up Blais.

BluesSK wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Per Blues twitter:
Sammy Blais has been recalled. ...I guess he's still under warranty.
MPS or sundqvist sits? Either way, Happ for extra competition until Berglund gets back.
Isn't Steen banged up? I thought that was the reason why they called up Blais.
Steen had a maintenance day yesterday at practice, but I'm pretty sure he's playing. Yeo saying Blais might be in tomorrow evening vs the Wild.

@jprutherford
4h4 hours ago

Hutton in net tonight. Blais not in the lineup tonight but he’s here in case #stlblues need him Saturday on the second night of back-to-back games.
"Do Only Good Everyday"