Love the new system

I know it's only one game, but I already love the new system compared to what we've seen in recent seasons. The team appeared faster and so much more unpredictable. Having the defensemen engaged in the offensive zone makes us much more dangerous. They weren't just pinching in along the wall, they were creating offense in various ways. Good to see, hope it continues to be successful.

Re: Love the new system

CaptSMRT wrote:Wait...dumping the puck every time you gain possession didn't work for you? But when the other team has possession then you are playing in their end.
Yeah - chip, check, dump, chase, forecheck, lose possession, retreat, repeat - was starting to get a little old for me. :D

Re: Love the new system

blueslifer wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:Wait...dumping the puck every time you gain possession didn't work for you? But when the other team has possession then you are playing in their end.
Yeah - chip, check, dump, chase, forecheck, lose possession, retreat, repeat - was starting to get a little old for me. :D
It was refreshing to see them actually carry the puck into the offensive zone more. It started getting Pittsburgh to back off the line a little more, opening up even more opportunities.