Re: Fabbri will miss the rest of training camp...

BluesSK wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
BluesSK wrote:I think the thinking is now that management believes their growth system is better than (skilled) over the hill veterans.

The high skill guys like Jagr and Iginla prove them wrong time and time again and GMs are afraid of being shown up.
I think their best course of action would be to give it a week or two into the season. See how the kids are cutting it in real action. If they aren't, you reach out to Jagr or Iginla or maybe some PTO guy yet to be cut.
Rumors flying about the Blues re-signing Upshall. :roll:

He was totally out of gas last season. This would be a real stupid signing and panic move.
Seriously? I like Upshall. If Fabbri was the only injury this team had, I wouldn't oppose this. Former 1st rd pick. You could actually plug Upshall in the top 9 and he could surprise you. But this team is decimated and it needs an uplifting talent.

But this is how Doug Armstrong rolls. I've said it before. He's a conservative Gm. He always reaches out to players he knows and is familiar with. This is the DA profile. So in a way, this really isn't surprising if he ends up signing him. Frustrating yes, surprising no.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
blueslifer wrote:This really really sucks. The only silver lining is the cap space for next season and beyond just improved drastically.
Agreed. Now we will be able to sign TWO Beau Bennett's instead of just one.
Seriously? Two Beau Bennett's is 1.3 million. If Fabbri was healthy and productive this season his cap hit would have been at least 3 million next season. With this injury happening a second time there's no way he gets more than a 1 million dollar 1 year bridge deal next year. That money moving off the books will allow the Blues the flexibility to either make a trade or pick up a UFA. That is, unless they do something stupid and sign a washed-up veteran like Upshall or someone like that.

BillP wrote:Jagr makes the most sense.

-- great PR move
-- great player
-- good for the kids like Kostin
-- Blues don't have to part with assets
-- Jagr will actually pay for his own salary & more via ticket sales, merchandising etc.
-- could actually put the Blues in strong position come April if the team weathers the storm
God, I hope he comes here. He's definitely one of the top 10 players EVER & maybe even in the top 5!

You would see an INSTANT ratings boost, ticket sales increase, & fan interest go WAY UP!

It's even MORE crucial now with the Cards goners, Rams goners, & President Trump telling us not to watch the NFL! 8-) :mrgreen: