Re: just another build a GDT for a wild game

WilliamWestcliffe wrote:Backes, Steen, Oshie and Stastny collectively are a -8 and have 0 (zero) points. Seems like a common thread in these blowout games....and the playoffs.

#Leadership
I should add, between the four of them, they have a total of 3 (three) shots today.

Oshie and Backes in particular both have 0 shots, 0 points and are both a -2.

#Summer15Remodel

WilliamWestcliffe wrote:
WilliamWestcliffe wrote:Backes, Steen, Oshie and Stastny collectively are a -8 and have 0 (zero) points. Seems like a common thread in these blowout games....and the playoffs.

#Leadership
I should add, between the four of them, they have a total of 3 (three) shots today.

Oshie and Backes in particular both have 0 shots, 0 points and are both a -2.

#Summer15Remodel
We are back to the old question marks about the "core" again.

I am going to finish this game on the radio. No other hockey fans at the sports bar anyway, in Austin for this NHL Network game. At the beginning I saw that we would be playing Minnesota if the playoffs started today and it looks like it would be a disaster today at least.

Maybe those who napped we're better off. Wonder which Blues team will show up against Detroit. Good comments about the old core and their poor statistics today: to not lead the team to anything. But like Hull and Shanahan I could see them winning the Cup on another team, but I will not give up on the Blues season until the playoffs end.

Russd14 wrote:I don't have the statistics to back me up, but I think Jaskin has fallen off quite a bit and not helping Stastny lately. He was such a BIG player in the offensive zone for quite a while and scoring. We need more than one line per game to come through! Oshie; he certainly is not getting breaks, and just from observation I don't know if you guys are right or wrong. He is not the type person or player to just "pack it in". May be partly baby and partly being involved with too many demands upon his time with interviews, charity, etc (in other words just burning the candle on both ends and losing his effectiveness as the season wears on). Many of the others are playing tired but so are the players on the other team
I don't believe it is "packing it on". I just see too many bone-headed decisions, over handling the puck, making poor east/west plays. Just bad decisions