Re: GDT: Blues at Stars, first preseason game, 7:30pm CST

KMOX decided, halfway through the 3rd, to just cease broadcasting the game and go back to cardinals postgame coverage. not during a commercial, just right in the middle of the play. i can't believe that station is in the same town as the blues. they never cease to disappoint. fuck them.

anyway, yeah - ended up losing after a strong start. sounded like a decent exhibition.

T.C. wrote:KMOX decided, halfway through the 3rd, to just cease broadcasting the game and go back to cardinals postgame coverage. not during a commercial, just right in the middle of the play. i can't believe that station is in the same town as the blues. they never cease to disappoint. fuck them.

anyway, yeah - ended up losing after a strong start. sounded like a decent exhibition.
I was listening via Kmox.com and the broadcast was not interrupted for me. It was really good to hear Kerbs and Chaser again. Feels like everything is right in the world when I hear them talk hockey, even though in reality everything is not right.

T.C. wrote:KMOX decided, halfway through the 3rd, to just cease broadcasting the game and go back to cardinals postgame coverage. not during a commercial, just right in the middle of the play. i can't believe that station is in the same town as the blues. they never cease to disappoint. fuck them.

Maybe you just forgot to pay your bill
Just a Russian propaganda account

storey13 wrote:

I was listening via Kmox.com and the broadcast was not interrupted for me. It was really good to hear Kerbs and Chaser again. Feels like everything is right in the world when I hear them talk hockey, even though in reality everything is not right.
what?? that's just odd. i turned everything off, turned it all back on. i was listening via internet radio, not a traditional radio. wonder if the internet broadcast only was messed up? either way, i flipped to 98 HD3.

and yes, agree on kerbs & chase. wish we had alternate audio streams for TV broadcasts, i'd pay for theirs.

Listened to the game on the radio, once I was able to find it :evil: ...not bad, considering Yeo played mostly kids against Hitch's starters. Maybe Blais forces his way onto the team. Thompson was getting a lot of love from Chaser as well. Sounds like Schmaltz got exposed some, just judging by what Chaser was saying. I hope that all those friggin' penalty calls aren't going to be the norm, moving forward...those zebras had to have sore lips from blowing their whistles.

JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:... Maybe Blais forces his way onto the team. ...
Blais played like a kid possessed during the Blues' first preseason game of 2016 (3 assists & lots of ice time with bursts of speed). That was pretty much it for him. He's still gotta be a long shot, even with the forward injuries piling up.
That was it for him? He went on the score 26 goals as a 20 year old in the AHL. That was far from it for him.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:... Maybe Blais forces his way onto the team. ...
Blais played like a kid possessed during the Blues' first preseason game of 2016 (3 assists & lots of ice time with bursts of speed). That was pretty much it for him. He's still gotta be a long shot, even with the forward injuries piling up.
That was it for him? He went on the score 26 goals as a 20 year old in the AHL. That was far from it for him.
I meant "it" with the Blues. No doubt he's a capable AHL offensive player. Playing in the NHL is a far more challenging task.

JMC-STL wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
JMC-STL wrote: Blais played like a kid possessed during the Blues' first preseason game of 2016 (3 assists & lots of ice time with bursts of speed). That was pretty much it for him. He's still gotta be a long shot, even with the forward injuries piling up.
I meant "it" with the Blues. No doubt he's a capable AHL offensive player. Playing in the NHL is a far more challenging task.
But he's still progressing. He's only 20. He got 26 goals in his first AHL regular season, and then followed that up with 8 points in 10 playoff games. His game is definitely trending upward. I definitely wouldn't write him off as NHL-caliber just yet, it's way too early for that.