Re: Traverse City Prospect Tournament

Final Score = Blues Prospects 3 - Bluejackets Prospects 2. SOGs for the game 23-33 in favor of Columbus, but it's the other two numbers that count.

Pierre-Luc Dubois' name mentioned often in key situations throughout for Columbus. Not much else to mention for their efforts, other than it seemed they had pretty good size across their roster. But the Blues kids held up well.

Dave's a mess wrote:So does anybody know if the Blues are done or if the 1-1-1 record is enough to advance to whatever the next round is?
8 teams, four placement games. They're in.

Date : Tuesday, September 12
Time : 3:00pm
7th Place Game
Home : 4th Lindsay Division
Visitor : 4th Howe Division

Time : 3:30pm
5th Place Game
Home : 3rd Howe Division
Visitor : 3rd Lindsay Division

Time : 6:30pm
3rd Place Game
Home : 2nd Lindsay Division
Visitor : 2nd Howe Division

Time : 7:00pm
Championship Game
Home : 1st Howe Division
Visitor : 1st Lindsay Division

All times Eastern - Blues are in the Ted Lindsay Division

JMC-STL wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:So does anybody know if the Blues are done or if the 1-1-1 record is enough to advance to whatever the next round is?
8 teams, four placement games. They're in.

Time : 3:00pm
7th Place Game
Home : 4th Lindsay Division
Visitor : 4th Howe Division

Time : 3:30pm
5th Place Game
Home : 3rd Howe Division
Visitor : 3rd Lindsay Division

Time : 6:30pm
3rd Place Game
Home : 2nd Lindsay Division
Visitor : 2nd Howe Division

Time : 7:00pm
Championship Game
Home : 1st Howe Division
Visitor : 1st Lindsay Division

All times Eastern - Blues are in the Ted Lindsay Division
Ah, very good. Thanks JMC.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Tage definitely has come on strong. Great tourney for him so far...quiet early but has come on strong. Good to see for sure. Seeing Kostin and Thompson play well at LW just really makes me hate that Steen extension even more.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Per Blues twitter, Jackman says Tage was the best player on the ice today...do those of you who watched agree? ...
He looked very good on the 2-on-1 he scored, but I was otherwise getting distracted by stupid work thingies throughout the game. Tomorrow I'm putting up my: "DO NOT DISTURB - HOCKEY IN PROGRESS" sign. :idea:

39hurricane wrote:Excited about all these prospects. Hoping some of them challenge enough to make the big squad out of camp.

We could use some competition on RW and LD.

Not sure why we had to go get Thorburn???

Wish we could make some more room by moving Cole Dags and third... I mean Gunnar Jaskin and a third.
Have to think Kyrou is going to get a legit look for the RW position. If he has a good camp, he should at least be looking at the 9 game trial.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Per Blues twitter, Jackman says Tage was the best player on the ice today...do those of you who watched agree?

I know he wasn't having a great tourney up to this point, so if he played that well today that's good to hear.
He had a number of notable high points such as his goal and a few great PKs with Thomas. I didn't notice any glaring screwups, but it's hard to tell who exactly is doing what on a shift by shift basis with a less than perfect camera angle and an announcer that (through no fault of his own) isn't able to identify everyone on the fly. I think identifying Thompson as the player of the game yesterday is fair as I can't really come up with anyone that played better.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

39hurricane wrote:Excited about all these prospects. Hoping some of them challenge enough to make the big squad out of camp.

We could use some competition on RW and LD.

Not sure why we had to go get Thorburn???

Wish we could make some more room by moving Cole Dags and third... I mean Gunnar Jaskin and a third.
I thought it was a needless signing. I want this team to go with the youth. It will pay off in the long run.