Re: BNF Suite Night 2018

CaptSMRT wrote:
barcthespark wrote:I voted January 30 because I'm old enough to understand that the Montreal Canadiens are THE royalty of the NHL.

Explaining to my wife how I'm going to leave the comfort of my paid-for HDTV viewing couch to pay $110 to join a bunch of Blues fans (with a few exceptions I've never met) may be another thing altogether.

However, it will be well spent if I can reacquaint myself with old friends BillP and NHLTIM as well as anyone who has changed their user name from the P-D days. I'd also love to meet Barnburner, Robb_K, and many other Blues News Forum
Damn...I guess the rest of us will have to up our game.
For the record I meant no slight to anyone here. I just mentioned some of the old-timers I'm familiar with from the old P-D days. I think it would be great to meet all of you. :mrgreen:

blue to the bone wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
blue to the bone wrote: Does it count if I'm huffing diesel fumes?.... at work, that is.
Hmmmm, tough call. "Work-adjacent" to be sure, but T.C.'s missus is a stickler for rules. You might wanna bring tribute.
Well JMC, she let me in last year but it was probably my wife that allowed me through security. Good thing the Mrs will be there again this year so I can join.

Also, anyone who didn't attend last year and is on the fence for this year, it was a very good time. I had a great time.... including the not so subtle sexual advances from forum members. Made me feel important. :P
[youtube][/youtube]

JMC-STL wrote:
barcthespark wrote:For the record I meant no slight to anyone here. I just mentioned some of the old-timers I'm familiar with from the old P-D days. I think it would be great to meet all of you. :mrgreen:
Don't get ahead of yourself. :?
Well, I might change my mind after I meet everyone but until then I'll you all the benefit of the doubt. :D

MissouriMook wrote:I'm hanging out in the maybe bin for a while. I already have tickets to the VGK game and the other two are in the heart of the busiest time of the year at work for both me and Mrs. Mook so it is hard enough to make the games we already have from our half season plan.

I am open to suggestions on nights that are good for everyone. I picked the 28th because it seemed cool. I think it is a fun way to watch a game, so I am not married to any night. I don't buy tickets to games much any more, so I can do any special event I want.

CaptSMRT wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:I'm hanging out in the maybe bin for a while. I already have tickets to the VGK game and the other two are in the heart of the busiest time of the year at work for both me and Mrs. Mook so it is hard enough to make the games we already have from our half season plan.

I am open to suggestions on nights that are good for everyone. I picked the 28th because it seemed cool. I think it is a fun way to watch a game, so I am not married to any night. I don't buy tickets to games much any more, so I can do any special event I want.
I agree with you, CaptSMRT. (Did I really just type that phrase?) I don't go to many games in person any longer. I have a 55" Samsung SUHD TV and the picture is outstanding, parking isn't an issue and the beer has already been paid for. But, for a situation like this one, and since it's only once a season, I'm up for any game (within financial reason, that is) no matter the date. I just would like some advance notice so I can ask off from work for the day of the game and the day after so I don't show up late and then leave early because of work (or get sent out of town like for the inaugural get together).
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

barcthespark wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
barcthespark wrote:I voted January 30 because I'm old enough to understand that the Montreal Canadiens are THE royalty of the NHL.

Explaining to my wife how I'm going to leave the comfort of my paid-for HDTV viewing couch to pay $110 to join a bunch of Blues fans (with a few exceptions I've never met) may be another thing altogether.

However, it will be well spent if I can reacquaint myself with old friends BillP and NHLTIM as well as anyone who has changed their user name from the P-D days. I'd also love to meet Barnburner, Robb_K, and many other Blues News Forum
Damn...I guess the rest of us will have to up our game.
For the record I meant no slight to anyone here. I just mentioned some of the old-timers I'm familiar with from the old P-D days. I think it would be great to meet all of you. :mrgreen:
I'd like to meet all of you, too. But, it's kind of hard for me to come to St. Louis. But I hope to come when The Blues are looking like they're going to make the Stanley Cup finals. It would cost an awful lot to by a plane ticket that soon just before coming, and Finals tickets would cost a fortune, but if some of you could put me up for a few days, I'd try to catch 2 Finals games in The Lou. By the way, I've only been in St. Louis in 1952, 1953, 1966 and 1969, all in summer (never hockey season - I was playing). I can combine the trip, with a trip to visit a friend in Independence, and on to Chicago and Winnipeg to visit family. Let's hope it happens within the next 2-3 years.

Robb_K wrote:I'd like to meet all of you, too. ... I hope to come when The Blues are looking like they're going to make the Stanley Cup finals. ... if some of you could put me up for a few days, I'd try to catch 2 Finals games in The Lou. ...
I reckon you'd receive plenty of offers from Blues fans to house you during such a pilgrimage, Robb. Subject to drug testing, INTERPOL background checks, and a US$5000 refundable personal property damage deposit, of course. :D

JMC-STL wrote:
Robb_K wrote:I'd like to meet all of you, too. ... I hope to come when The Blues are looking like they're going to make the Stanley Cup finals. ... if some of you could put me up for a few days, I'd try to catch 2 Finals games in The Lou. ...
I reckon you'd receive plenty of offers from Blues fans to house you during such a pilgrimage, Robb. Subject to drug testing, INTERPOL background checks, and a US$5000 refundable personal property damage deposit, of course. :D
:lol:

Ha! Ha! I haven't ever had anything but Marijuana and Hashish, and not since the mid 1970s or so. I guess I'd be "clean" by now. Unless they count home-brewed Schlivowitz as a "drug". I have a friend in The Obersalzburg who makes that on his farm. It's the "White Lightnin' of Western Austria.

I was held and questioned by Israeli borderguards one time in 1979, and the same with East Germans at Checkpoint Charlie, in 1967. I probably couldn't get a high-level security clearance in ANY country. :mrgreen:

Robb_K wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
:lol:

Ha! Ha! I haven't ever had anything but Marijuana and Hashish, and not since the mid 1970s or so. I guess I'd be "clean" by now. Unless they count home-brewed Schlivowitz as a "drug". I have a friend in The Obersalzburg who makes that on his farm. It's the "White Lightnin' of Western Austria.

I was held and questioned by Israeli borderguards one time in 1979, and the same with East Germans at Checkpoint Charlie, in 1967. I probably couldn't get a high-level security clearance in ANY country. :mrgreen:

Alcohol is the most deadly drug commonly available, its effects contributes to millions of deaths annually, and there will be plenty of it in the suite.

Re: BNF Suite Night 2018 - Feb 28 vs. DET

@T.C.: So when do you intend to put out the call for our 20% down payments? I need to make sure me 'n' Mrs. JMC leave enough change behind in the jelly jar, after we drop a bundle on our wild weekend up in Springfield. I hear it's become the Las Vegas of Central Illinois. Always a gamble when you're hangin' around IL politicians.