Trade Proposal - Blues/Canucks

Anybody like the idea of trading Fabbri and Schmaltz to Vancouver for Bo Horvat?

Not even sure that would be enough to entice Vancouver to make such a deal, but Horvat looks like a kid who is legit and he would fit into the Blues profile of building with a new young core and to top it off he's a Center.

You'd have to immediately get rid of Gunnarson to make cap room but IMO Horvat would be an upgrade over Fabbri and I'd like to see the Blues use some of their surplus assets to enhance the team before some them like Schmaltz potentially lose their value.

Re: Trade Proposal - Blues/Canucks

I'm not sure Vancouver even knows what to do with itself. They are a terrible team, their cap is high, they have little in the way of prospects, the Twins are not worth their salaries...

Basically they are a junk show.

I expect them to play out the twins, and then blow it up, going for multiple years of high draft picks.

Still don't know what we have in Fabbri just yet. If Fabbri progresses the way he should, his potential is just as good if not better than Horvat....my opinion only. I see Horvat as about a 65 point player in the future, I think a healthy Fabbri could best that. Don't forget that Robert Thomas is often compared to Bo Horvat as a player.
Big year for Fabbri though, he needs to stay healthy and produce. I think this year will be a very telling one on how his career with the Blues will play out.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

blue to the bone wrote:I don't know too much about Horvat but if he's a legit difference maker I'd trade Fabbri for him. I'm not sold on Fabbri being an offensive force but I like his overall game. Just not in love with him like some seem to be.
I think Horvat is pretty much the same way. Not a 'big-time' difference maker, but someone with a very good overall game. Horvat is a bit bigger (6'0" 223 lbs), so is probably better suited at center, and is an RFA right now (Vancouver has tendered a QO, I haven't heard anything since), while Fabbri is still on his ELC for this year, and becomes an RFA next Summer.

I think either would be a VERY good, highly competitive, two-way forward on a top team, and would certainly love to have either (or both!) on the Blues. Horvat may SEEM like he puts up better numbers, though, because he'll get a LOT more top-line ice time on Vancouver than he would on a better team (He averaged 18:01 min a game to Fabbri's 15:36 last season).

I agree with the sentiment that we don't know for sure what we have in Fabbri yet and we should hang on to him for now. A big selling point on Fabbri for me is the fact that he put up 15pts in 20 games during the playoffs his rookie year, you should hang onto guys who can be big game players and produce in the playoffs. I'm really intrigued to see how good Fabbri can be playing center.

Hypothetically if they did trade Fabbs for Horvat I wouldn't be mad at it but we should hang on to Fabbs for now and see how he does this year.